The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    The only reason Bosh went to Miami was because LBJ was going to be there and Wade stayed because Bron was coming.

They figured lets just go Miami because it's overall better place to be and you got Riley.

Plus it was easier to take 1.5-2 mil less than max when there is no state tax.

And...it's ? Miami...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Come on draft!

The casuals will just bleed over into the draft talk. Thankfully there will be less of them but I'm prepared for the ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of ? in here suffer from battered wife syndrome.
  • blackrain
    Options
    If Magic Johnson did that ? today getting the coach fired they would bring that ? up every other day til he retired
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    When lebron went to miami people were saying it's a wrap jvg said they'd win 33 in a row and 73 games lebron talking bout throwing oops to pat riley on fast breaks.He said the objective is 'win not 1 not 2 not 3 'etc

Y'all having selective memory.What lebron and durant did was the same(joined all stars in their primes) ? just mad durant took it to another level.

Nah it's not the same at all. Leaving Cleveland to go to a team where your starting PG is Mario Chalmers ain't the same as going to a team where your starting PG is the reigning 2x MVP

Naw he went to a shooting guard who had won a ring and finals mvp. Ur just moving the goal post.

That same Finals MVP hadn't been out the first round in how many years before LeBron and Bosh came?

Like i said, bron set the precedent.

Kd one upped him but they did the same aside from irrelevant variables. For the record im glad bron went to miami and got a ring. I wanted him to win in the finals this year and farther his legacy but im not mad at kd putting his career in his hands either.

Whatever u feel keep the ? consistent.

If u think kd copped out ima need u to feel the same toward lebron its more respectable at least.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Come on draft!

Said no bulls fan
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Never knew it was Magic who got Paul Westhead fired or that Lakers fans booed him.

If Magic Johnson did that ? today getting the coach fired they would bring that ? up every other day til he retired

Lebron...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    while i understand wanting a ring...i do
    but what happened to being the best because YOU beat the best.

like someone else said.....? called from the parking lot after they loss.
    curry telling ? ....i'll give you the ball.

where is the competitive spirit?

this ? went to the only real threat to another ? title run.

i get the whole teams arent loyal ? ...
    but

i dont know.

honestly.....he gonna regret this ? in the long run....

this will forever come up in interviews in the future.

say what you want......but the ? will wear on anyone.

again...congratz

but (i feel) he damn near sold his soul for this ring.

KD did just beat the best

That man ain't going to regret ? !!

If KD wins another ring or 2 and leads the warriors just like he did for this one ain't nobody gonna bring that ? up at all. There will be another hot take to talk about.

People will always find a reason to talk down on a ? accomplishments.

I didn't like Bron going to miami with Wade and Bosh. I didn't like KD going to the warriors.

But I can't hate on either of them accomplishing their goals.

If a teams management ain't getting the job done and/or you not meshing well with the other best player on your team then WTF is the purpose of staying on said team?

tenor.gif

but the ? used the cheatcode.

there was a time where a man would be able to be the best but not have a chip.

he injected himself to the least amount of work possible team.

he stole the ring bruh.....

im not dissing the PGCounty area but that ? did a flash mob and overwhelmed the store security to steal the ring. he aint walk on some boss ? . them ? bumsrushed the door.

can you really respect that?

Did you watch the finals?

If so ain't no way you can say that man stole that ring. He LED that team to the ring. Durant EARNED that ring.

So did Lebron steal his rings in Miami?

Yes I 100% respect the championship the warriors just won.

Sports is about getting the most amount of talent possible to better your chances to win a championship. It just so happens that KD made a move that all GM's dream about. People do the same ? at the local gym. They try to pick the best 5 players they can get cause if you lose at a crowded gym you might not get another run.

I don't like what KD did either. I understand him leaving OKC but I would've like to see him try his hand with a team completely built around him. But the more I look at his situation the more I understand the move as well.

No matter what players on the level of KD and Lebron says the GM runs the team. So they can tell the GM and coach the exact player(s) they want but that don't mean the GM is going to get that exact player or a similar one.

So I can't blame KD for being the GM of his own career and putting himself in a situation with a group of players that plays a style of ball that he excels at.

he took over a team that had other players that was good enough to have to cover....he took advantage of that.

thats what he should do....
    but his ? is forever tainted.

yall saying dont matter how he got it...he got it.

ok.

dont get mad when yall kids get a trophy for just showing up an they aint even in the pool.

? ? ! If you absorb small businesses into your company, does your portfolio look bad?

depends on the businesses.

an why use that example.

you ? don't fight fair.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deron Williams need a Kobe retire tour
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    while i understand wanting a ring...i do
    but what happened to being the best because YOU beat the best.

like someone else said.....? called from the parking lot after they loss.
    curry telling ? ....i'll give you the ball.

where is the competitive spirit?

this ? went to the only real threat to another ? title run.

i get the whole teams arent loyal ? ...
    but

i dont know.

honestly.....he gonna regret this ? in the long run....

this will forever come up in interviews in the future.

say what you want......but the ? will wear on anyone.

again...congratz

but (i feel) he damn near sold his soul for this ring.

KD did just beat the best

That man ain't going to regret ? !!

If KD wins another ring or 2 and leads the warriors just like he did for this one ain't nobody gonna bring that ? up at all. There will be another hot take to talk about.

People will always find a reason to talk down on a ? accomplishments.

I didn't like Bron going to miami with Wade and Bosh. I didn't like KD going to the warriors.

But I can't hate on either of them accomplishing their goals.

If a teams management ain't getting the job done and/or you not meshing well with the other best player on your team then WTF is the purpose of staying on said team?

tenor.gif

but the ? used the cheatcode.

there was a time where a man would be able to be the best but not have a chip.

he injected himself to the least amount of work possible team.

he stole the ring bruh.....

im not dissing the PGCounty area but that ? did a flash mob and overwhelmed the store security to steal the ring. he aint walk on some boss ? . them ? bumsrushed the door.

can you really respect that?

Did you watch the finals?

If so ain't no way you can say that man stole that ring. He LED that team to the ring. Durant EARNED that ring.

So did Lebron steal his rings in Miami?

Yes I 100% respect the championship the warriors just won.

Sports is about getting the most amount of talent possible to better your chances to win a championship. It just so happens that KD made a move that all GM's dream about. People do the same ? at the local gym. They try to pick the best 5 players they can get cause if you lose at a crowded gym you might not get another run.

I don't like what KD did either. I understand him leaving OKC but I would've like to see him try his hand with a team completely built around him. But the more I look at his situation the more I understand the move as well.

No matter what players on the level of KD and Lebron says the GM runs the team. So they can tell the GM and coach the exact player(s) they want but that don't mean the GM is going to get that exact player or a similar one.

So I can't blame KD for being the GM of his own career and putting himself in a situation with a group of players that plays a style of ball that he excels at.

he took over a team that had other players that was good enough to have to cover....he took advantage of that.

thats what he should do....
    but his ? is forever tainted.

yall saying dont matter how he got it...he got it.

ok.

dont get mad when yall kids get a trophy for just showing up an they aint even in the pool.

? ? ! If you absorb small businesses into your company, does your portfolio look bad?

depends on the businesses.

an why use that example.

you ? don't fight fair.

Money is money homie as long as it's legal
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Deron Williams need a Kobe retire tour

He'll get the same celebration just cause they happy to finally see his ass out of the league.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Someone make an off season thread. ? it. I'll do it.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This doc pretty good
  • blackrain
    Options
    When lebron went to miami people were saying it's a wrap jvg said they'd win 33 in a row and 73 games lebron talking bout throwing oops to pat riley on fast breaks.He said the objective is 'win not 1 not 2 not 3 'etc

Y'all having selective memory.What lebron and durant did was the same(joined all stars in their primes) ? just mad durant took it to another level.

Nah it's not the same at all. Leaving Cleveland to go to a team where your starting PG is Mario Chalmers ain't the same as going to a team where your starting PG is the reigning 2x MVP

Naw he went to a shooting guard who had won a ring and finals mvp. Ur just moving the goal post.

That same Finals MVP hadn't been out the first round in how many years before LeBron and Bosh came?

Kd one upped him but they did the same aside from irrelevant variables. For the record im glad bron went to miami and got a ring. I wanted him to win in the finals this year and farther his legacy but im not mad at kd putting his career in his hands either.

If u think kd copped out ima need u to feel the same toward lebron its more respectable at least.

? a 2x MVP in Steph, one of the best 2 way players in the game in Klay, and a possible DPOY in Draymond aren't just "irrelevant variables" lol. Like I said I got no issue with the move but don't downplay the Warriors being a 73 win squad before he joined. Them ? was great before, added KD and got even greater.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Never knew it was Magic who got Paul Westhead fired or that Lakers fans booed him.

Lebron...

Sports fans tend to forget the bad once a player retires and only remember the good ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    crude, you worrying too much about the wrong team fam

i'ma need that energy from you at the smoothie king center

Word Real ? . The Blender can be a lit ass place if we have enough caw caw's in the building
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bird dropped 35 on Dr J and told him it was time for him to retire. Lmaooo

I would've put them hands on him too.

Funniest ? I've heard Larry Bird say "I felt disrespected when they put a white guy out there to guard me"

an what KD saying?

"guard them ? so I can shoot"
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Funniest ? I've heard Larry Bird say "I felt disrespected when they put a white guy out there to guard me"

Lml that's mad funny
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Brons series proves why they needed KD

How you gonna say a man putting up 35 8 5 on 55/45/90 don't deserve a ring?

He went point for point with LeBron in a close out game

NBA has always had super teams, the construction of them just change over time

There were up 3-1 without him last year. If bogut didn't get hurt the would have won.

I Just don't get the narrative that GSW needed KD to be the Cavs when they beat them before.

With kyrie and live hurt u willfully omitted that

Why would I need to say that..

Man, y'all ? are more mad than I am.. I'm a thunder fan and y'all in here ? like gsw wasn't going to win this year barring injuries.

What did y'all really expect to happen smh

Bruh how u gonna bring up the injuries for golden st losing and ignore the injuries Cleveland had the year before?

Because gsw is clearly the better team. They were up 3-1 When both were fully healthy
  • Go figure
    Options

? a 2x MVP in Steph, one of the best 2 way players in the game in Klay, and a possible DPOY in Draymond aren't just "irrelevant variables" lol. Like I said I got no issue with the move but don't downplay the Warriors being a 73 win squad before he joined. Them ? was great before, added KD and got even greater.

Right, kd teamed up with superstars.

As did lebron.

Youre just talking specifics theres really no difference, kd just did it with a better team thats all.