As a black man, does this meme offend you?

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Im too old to sag and I dont wanna wear jeans with blazers when I got to the grocery store shrugs lol

And on the flip side of that it's some old ? that sag, smh

I can't front I sagged a lil in the 90s and early 2k. But not all they way falling down. But u was young. Nowadays the sag with tight pants ? is ? lol

Sorry to break it to you, but it was always ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It didn't at first. But, as a hipster agnostic Africana feminist who identifies as pastafarian and does pansexual naked cross-fit yoga twice a week, this does sort of offend me.

did your ? sway when you typed all that
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Some people see that and feel judged. That's a personal issue.

this is a very interesting response....

i agree....

why does it personal bother people.

for anyone to call them fukk boys, why does that need to be said...

for anyone who says they can still be shoot .....why does that need to be said...

is it a thing to control your own thoughts so you wont feel less than what these guys appear to be.

why are black people always on some....you think you better than me ? .

honestly......its nothing wrong with wearing what you want......but i think its a time and place for things and certain things need to be age appropriate....

young kids sag cause they want to look cool with their peers.....once you get to a certain age...it dont look cool. it looks like you want to grasp onto your childhood and not let go.

? always on some "i dont care what people think" ? . maybe you should....becaue you do and thats why you are trying to look like everyone else....

well maybe you should care about how you are perceived and the image you are portraying a bit more.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Funny that a lot of people don't really understand the context of the meme.

As Copper alluded to, it's a reference to respectability politics.

Never heard that term before, but it's basically a plea for white acceptance by claiming that you're not like the................."bad ? "...................that they stereotype.

I wouldn't disagree with that if it wasn't for the fact that there are black people in our own communities who are just as close minded and their opinions are completely separate from that of racist white folk.

Like the black woman who thinks all black men are "ain't ? " thugs because that's all she's known. Or the black man who thinks real ? only rock jeans, fitteds, and Jordan's because that's all he seen on tv since he was a kid. Or a child who thinks wearing ties are lame because no one in their family ever wore a tie.

Those people exist too and you'd be lying if you said they don't cause I run into ignorant folk of all ages and races. They see a young black man dressed professionally and they don't know how to act. Hell no, I don't think I'm doing anything special by putting on a tie but I'm aware that alot of people think that I think I am because they aren't used to it.

real ? .....

but at the same time...a ? wearing jordans with no job and dont play ball is the fresh dressed ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Idgaf I sagg like a mf....

I like the symmetry look of the shirt sitting on top of the pants....not the shirt over lapping the pants....

what the fukk you talking about....

saggin shows ya ass and drawls......why do you like that
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Im too old to sag and I dont wanna wear jeans with blazers when I got to the grocery store shrugs lol

I can't front I sagged a lil in the 90s and early 2k. But not all they way falling down. But u was young. Nowadays the sag with tight pants ? is ? lol

never thought of this...lol

saggin tight pants

lol

how you sag what fits...lol
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Jus seen this meme today. Not offended.

I do feel like everybody looking at homie on the left like he just lit up ...llz but that's another chapter.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Live in the hood and still don't understand sagging ? wild ? imo
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clean ass pic tho
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Idgaf I sagg like a mf....

I like the symmetry look of the shirt sitting on top of the pants....not the shirt over lapping the pants....

what the fukk you talking about....

saggin shows ya ass and drawls......why do you like that
    I don't sag to that point my draws showing.......I can run with my pants worn with a slight sag...

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry to break it to you, but it was always ? .

I'm not arguing it wasn't. Just showing growth from being young to now
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I don't see how this is respectability politics .yall reaching . Just feel like this meme embracing that not all black men are stereotypes
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u dont sag cause u dont want to, fine..
    dont like the look.. onay..

but if u doin it thinkin thats go get u accepted?? lol@ ur sad existence..

i sag by the way..
    no ? given..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why wear pants under your ass then put a belt around your legs and still gotta walk like your legs are holding them up. ? looks ? stupid in the airport.

Bc it's a gucci belt
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how this is respectability politics .yall reaching . Just feel like this meme embracing that not all black men are stereotypes

"Not all of us are like them other ? " is part of respectability politics.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Huge difference from sagging below your waist and sagging below your ass. I really don't see how ? sag below their ass like bruh how do you walk . ? so uncomfortable, glad I don't do that goofy ? anymore . But I can't have jeans or sweats on my waist feels uncomfortable too.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? doesn't offend me. But I've learned 2 immutable truths when it comes to taking offense to ? :

1. If a person wants to be offended by something, they WILL find a way to justify it

2. I can't tell anyone who or what to be offended by. So if someone - even one person - is offended by something, then it's offensive.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

"Not all of us are like them other ? " is part of respectability politics.

You're reaching.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should want to look better especially when you get older but I'm not the one to tell anybody to wear a suit cause I don't wear them joints. People who be on that two extremes ? be the ones who don't go out much. There is a middle ground between wearing full on suits and wearing sagging pants and ridiculous looking clothes you just have to find it. Back when I was becoming an adult ? were so lost lol. That was around the time Jay was like get rid of that wack ass jersey and put on these button ups ? . People wearing oversized ass blazers and jeans with wrinkled ass button ups. Anyway man I'm not offended at all by that meme but also I don't give a ? that them dudes decided to dress up either.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Everything about that screenshot is ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xrgjwl2wswyh.png