Greatest Southern Producer ever

Options

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ? is really saying this ? lookin ass ? Mannie Fresh is the greatest producer of alltime?

s91syini68ry.gif

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    With Fresh, I'll go (track for track) with any producer/beat-maker in the world. Line yours up with Fresh ? .

Bet that ? won't be close to amount of banging tracks Fresh has produced.

Fresh got too many breh. Dude is a beast on them boards. Ask BG, Out of all the artists in CMR, (To me) BG got the best tracks from Fresh.

I love fresh, but bruh, Kanye will fry dude beat for beat.

Kanye, is good, no doubt. Most of Kanye stuff are samples soul music which is good.

Fresh is str8 can give you all that (without) sampling a soulful track. I could count on one hand the number of times dude used a sample at the height of CMR. Really 1 if I'm not mistaken and that was on that 500 degrees "Way of Life"

You can't take out a whole element of hip hop beatmaking to fit your argument, sampling or not Fresh can't ? wit Kanye.

Not taking anything out of nothing, I'm telling you how cold Fresh is on them boards....

I gave you a clear example of what Fresh can do without sampling, Dude creates his own sounds/beats. Kanye at times uses an old soulful sample. That's aid right there, but as you say "it's a part of beatmaking" which is cool, good for him, Krit does the same thing. But Fresh can create the same track without using a soulful sample from an old R&B song. That's what I am saying

Bottom line, no matter what ingredients are in it, who's food taste better. Kanye is simply a better producer than Manny.

Kanye aint ? with that breh...

And that's not even Mannie in his prime dude

Stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE

I knew you was comin...... I knew it.
    We gon start off light....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1mVNOB5tg

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    ? is really saying this ? lookin ass ? Mannie Fresh is the greatest producer of alltime?

s91syini68ry.gif

Track for Track, Pick your producer and let's go track for track.

That "Birdman Jr" track alone ? on ? ?

I'm saying I'll put "all" Mannie tracks against any producer *shruggs*
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    The day Mannie makes a Chronic and ? I'll continue this conversation, till then I'm not wasting my time debating this ? , the comparison alone is comical.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    beta, just stay out of any south related threads

you know what you be doing

you make a vague ass statement, but dont post nothing to support your position so that people can check you about your "opinion"

face the music ? ...if you dont ? with fresh...state why

then you hide behind "? getting upset about my opinion"

c'mon brah

lol yall go out your way to make something out of someone's opinion each time. Stop being emotional. Think about if yall just read my comment and shut the ? up...

Anytime someone states their opinion on the IC they have to back it up for insecure lames?

I said the ? is overrated. ? yall if you disagree yall stay goin on and on derailing threads by catching feelings

? said stay out of southern threads lol
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Manny got more beats okay....... Would you rather have 100 Chrysler 300's or 10 S 550s. The quality at the highest levels ain't the same. I don't think manny can ? Kanye's top 5 beats. And how the ? can you judge a man off the way he make a beat? Shaq bullin through ? and Kareem shootin a skyhook is still 2 points right?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    The day Mannie makes a Chronic and ? I'll continue this conversation, till then I'm not wasting my time debating this ? , the comparison alone is comical.

Huh,

My ? I'll pull out 400 degrees or a Hot Boys Gurella Warfare before I reach to pull those two albums out my boy. and put those 2 albums up against the Chronic and ? track for track.

Them ? aint nothing remarkable other than the pub that they got. Man look, yall like what yall like. Kool

But be it

Wasn't it a bunch of p-funk samples on them albums? Regardless, Most ? where I'm from and in the south where I roam would do the same.

I don't hear to many ? riding around bumping the Chronic or ? where I'm from folk (today). More so ? are much on that old 400 degrees or some old CMR ? .

• Knock_Twice
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Manny got more beats okay....... Would you rather have 100 Chrysler 300's or 10 S 550s. The quality at the highest levels ain't the same. I don't think manny can ? Kanye's top 5 beats. And how the ? can you judge a man off the way he make a beat? Shaq bullin through ? and Kareem shootin a skyhook is still 2 points right?

First off, I know this is opinion based. You like what you like, I like what I like, no harm, but for the sake of debating/conversing or whatever let's just stick to music if we can. Those examples, I am unable to grasp, could be that I'm slow, I'll take that if that's the case.

All I am saying, if we take all of Mannie tracks that he's produced and put them in a pile, and we did the same for Kanye. It wouldn't be no comparison. Would Ye win some rounds, sure, but overall Mannie got this dude

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Ye a great producer, flipped some dope samples but nah

Mannie did beats for the whole roster, mostly by himself, all original. That needs to b pointed out and respected. The musicality in his beats is slept on

Dude don't even understand that...Dude literally did every beat by himself.

I respect Ye contributions and what he does on the boards, but Mannie got ? deep off in the crates that will eat ? up.

I'm not even go buss yo head with the 400 degrees tracks. Go pull up them old BGs Vol 1 & Vol 2 albums.

Do you one. Pull up the one that's in my avi and understand that boy Mannie skills. Ye couldn't produce no ? like that..man look

Mannie track for track will ? on Kanye. Kanye don't have enough hours mane.

No sampling from Mannie by the way when CMR was in their glory days

ehhh...he didnt do EVERY beat by himself, but i get the point you trying to make
  • AP21
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Beta wrote: »

you make a vague ass statement, but dont post nothing to support your position so that people can check you about your "opinion"

c'mon brah

lol yall go out your way to make something out of someone's opinion each time. Stop being emotional. Think about if yall just read my comment and shut the ? up...

Anytime someone states their opinion on the IC they have to back it up for insecure lames?

I said the ? is overrated. ? yall if you disagree yall stay goin on and on derailing threads by catching feelings

now b/c dude asking you for receipts, its all of a sudden " explaining yourself for insecure lames"

man be quiet

thats why the site is dying as you like to say

dudes too scared of having a debate/discussion about their opinion

again, you do this ? on purpose to elicit reactions from people then try to cop out by saying dudes catching feelings

• AP21
    Options
    Mannie Fresh

idk brah...as more and more time goes by...and more information come out

its starting to look like Dre aint this musical genius that everybody like to label him as

i mean, i wont deny his ear for music, but seems like to me, he taking beats from other cats, adding something to it, and saying "produced by dre"

that aint wavy lol
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

c'mon brah

now b/c dude asking you for receipts, its all of a sudden " explaining yourself for insecure lames"

man be quiet

again, you do this ? on purpose to elicit reactions from people then try to cop out by saying dudes catching feelings

Stop deflecting to draw attention away from insecurity. I don't want to have a discussion over mannie fresh. I said i think he's overrated. How do I post receipts of this?

Just say you would rather circle ? in threads and not ever have anybody say something you don't agree with. Y'all obviously don't agree with what I said and you know what? I'm okay with that. Whereas for you guys, y'all have a problem with it.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    My ? I'll pull out 400 degrees or a Hot Boys Gurella Warfare before I reach to pull those two albums out my boy. and put those 2 albums up against the Chronic and ? track for track.

Them ? aint nothing remarkable other than the pub that they got. Man look, yall like what yall like. Kool

[img]http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/1213/go-home-truck-? -optimus.jpg[/img]

I be that folk
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    My man cape for Wayne but dissing Mannie like Mannie ain't a key in that, said he look like a ? as if we care how ? gotta look

My guy said quality over quantity like Mannie don't have an abundance of quality.

My dude said Mannie overrated but can't articulate how other then the tired argument with everyone else he thinks overrated "YALL LIKE HIM TOO MUCH AND IT GRINDS MY GEARS!".

Lol Yall can like someone else more but foh with the disrespect of Mannie

• AP21
    Options
    Mannie Fresh

c'mon brah

man be quiet

Stop deflecting to draw attention away from insecurity. I don't want to have a discussion over mannie fresh. I said i think he's overrated. How do I post receipts of this?

Just say you would rather circle ? in threads and not ever have anybody say something you don't agree with. Y'all obviously don't agree with what I said and you know what? I'm okay with that. Whereas for you guys, y'all have a problem with it.

now you being obtuse and dense

if you dont like fresh, cool...you think he's overrated...cool too

but why do you feel that way? thats what having a conversation is about. This definitely aint no circle ? or whatever else foolishness you popping off right now

i dont get paid to endorse any of these people so i dont have a dog in the fight, so miss me with that ?
  • Knock_Twice
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    With Fresh, I'll go (track for track) with any producer/beat-maker in the world. Line yours up with Fresh ? .

Fresh got too many breh. Dude is a beast on them boards. Ask BG, Out of all the artists in CMR, (To me) BG got the best tracks from Fresh.

Kanye, is good, no doubt. Most of Kanye stuff are samples soul music which is good.

Fresh is str8 can give you all that (without) sampling a soulful track. I could count on one hand the number of times dude used a sample at the height of CMR. Really 1 if I'm not mistaken and that was on that 500 degrees "Way of Life"

You can't take out a whole element of hip hop beatmaking to fit your argument, sampling or not Fresh can't ? wit Kanye.

Not taking anything out of nothing, I'm telling you how cold Fresh is on them boards....

I gave you a clear example of what Fresh can do without sampling, Dude creates his own sounds/beats. Kanye at times uses an old soulful sample. That's aid right there, but as you say "it's a part of beatmaking" which is cool, good for him, Krit does the same thing. But Fresh can create the same track without using a soulful sample from an old R&B song. That's what I am saying

Bottom line, no matter what ingredients are in it, who's food taste better. Kanye is simply a better producer than Manny.

Stop

Kool

Ur turn

I'ma ? over Ye ? with underground ? ... (no radio ? ) Lol str8 bangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7F1OGeupic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSpJa6265Fc
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And what is a southern beat per se?

non boom bap

That actually makes no sense if you think about it tho
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where 9th Wonder
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Why he gotta make a Chronic or ? anyway? Cuz that's some kinda consensus or popular opinion? Some of us like to think for our selves
  • Knock_Twice
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mannie Fresh
    Shid any body can jump in with their favorite producer

I posted 2 tracks... some simple ? Lol

Let's get it...track for track

I'm bout to eat you ? up with Fresh ? ...Put this ? to rest....Fresh run you ? ...too much heat

Let's go, bring yo ?

I got 3 posted up. match them with your favorite producer ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Mannie Fresh

Stop

This one of ye most bland beats, at least come with the classics lol
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Mannie Fresh

Stop

This one of ye most bland beats, at least come with the classics lol

Dude came with Power Lol.

Come on Lefty breh.

Well he did say he starting off light. I got cha