Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LL higher on my GOAT list than Pac is so I'm cool with it
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really not that controversial... Pac is the GOAT imo, but LL is also one of the GOATS.. Props for RA giving Will Smith his due too!!!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall going to be in your feelings but it ain't even a debate
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad opinion at all...

From "Radio" up to "Mr Smith", LL's discography is legit and there was heat even on "Phenomenon"...

Album for album it's an interesting matchup...

LL edges it out imo...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I can't think of one aspect of rap that LL is better than Pac in. Not flow, content, hits, nothing.

Stop. LL in his prime flowed much better than Pac, had better wordplay, vocab, delivery, punches etc. LL was also more versatile, he could cover more range. He'd hit the world with the "I Need Love" ? and then you'd hear him ripping Canibus and whoever else apart on a diss track.

U gotta be out ur mfn mind if you think LL was more versatile and had more range? LL has no brenda's got a baby , keep ur head up, etc. Cut the ? . U reason ? be sayin the most outlandish ? lol First Guerrilla Warfare>>> ? and The Chronic , now this lol

I literally laughed out loud at that ? lol.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is cemented as the GOAT because he died at the top of his game. If LL would have died in his prime he would be a much bigger legend. However, Pac was an actor and that did not seem to diminish his "rap status" the way it did for other rappers.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LL is not a better rapper than tupac....stop it
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Pac is cemented as the GOAT because he died at the top of his game. If LL would have died in his prime he would be a much bigger legend. However, Pac was an actor and that did not seem to diminish his "rap status" the way it did for other rappers.

Cuz the movies that he played in besides Gridlockd and the other one that came out after his death were stereotypical roles he played a gang banger in 2 of them and a reformed one in the other, they pretty much fit the narrative of his music.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pac ain't the GOAT of ? . People who think so are victims of marketing and advertisement or on some west-coast bias ? .

The easiest way to see if someone is a real fan of rap is to ask for that top 5. If you see a bunch of dead rappers, keep it moving.

Prime LL was a complete monster. He laid out the blueprint for everyone trying to do the commercial ladies ? , and was the MC's emcee. At the top of his game, this dude took on lyrical giants like Canibus and Kool Moe Dee, and came out unscathed. At that same time, he had the ladies rubbin' on their ? in the strip club. That's unheard of and still hasn't been replicated.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LL's acting didn't diminish his rap status, them albums he put out post-2000 did.

Yeah I dont think he diminished it either from acting he just grew and did other ? , hip hop heads and historians know what it is. He is just known for other ? besides being a rapper.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe was a better technical basketball player than Lebron, but guess who you'd start your franchise with?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now if he's going by lyricism then yes LL is better than Pac when it comes to wordplay.

Now with that said, Pac had the ability to make you feel what he is saying which is a rare ability, and in my opinion, he had better songs when it came to the female audience.

And yes I'm a fan of both.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now if he's going by lyricism then yes LL is better than Pac when it comes to wordplay.

Now with that said, Pac had the ability to make you feel what he is saying which is a rare ability, and in my opinion, he had better songs when it came to the female audience.

giphy.gif

I Need Love, Hey Lover, Loungin'>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Pac song for the female audience

• Lefty_
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Kobe was a better technical basketball player than Lebron, but guess who you'd start your franchise with?

5k3857jhr45o.gif

It fits. @_Goldie_
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    lol Aint gonna derail the thread, but Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron and it aint close.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

I Need Love, Hey Lover, Loungin'>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Pac song for the female audience

Really my ? ? Really? Dear Mama, How Do You Want It, Run Da Streets, Baby Don't Cry, Gotta Keep Your Head Up, Do For Love, Just Like Daddy, Toss It Up, bruh let me stop naming these tracks because I can go on.

I will say this though, with the exception of I Need Love (wackest song he ever made. He was clowned badly for that.) those other tracks were fire. I even like Make you Better.

Like I said I liked Pac's ode to the ladies better than LL. He's still that dude though.
  • Lefty_
    Options

giphy.gif

I would literally lol if I need love came on in a party. On the other hand, if How do you want it drop, the ? is choosin.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    lol Aint gonna derail the thread, but Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron and it aint close.

Na, we not gon do this. But the best 3 finals performances i've ever seen was by Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron. And Lebron's the second best player i've ever watched. Kobe's a scorer, nothing more, nothing less. Lebron's a point guard that will give you 30.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »

Na, we not gon do this. But the best 3 finals performances i've ever seen was by Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron. And Lebron's the second best player i've ever watched. Kobe's a scorer, nothing more, nothing less. Lebron's a point guard that will give you 30.

See now I gotta respond lol

So you're gonna bring up finals like Lebron doesn't lose more than he wins? Word?

Yea yea yea he's been there alot, but he loses. And you wanna know why he gets there so much? Cuz he's in the eastern conf, that ? 's the JV of the NBA. What other threat has there been in the east? Magic with Howard? word? Bulls with weak knee Rose? Word?

The western conf had a bunch of juggernauts , from the spurs, mavs, okc,lakers, warriors. That's why he lost so many finals cuz it was easy af to get there, but when he faced real comp he lost.

You can say Kobe was just a scorer but he was a winner. If you look back at the finals where they played the pistons, they was TRIPLE teaming kobe the moment he hit the half court line, the whole game and this is while Shaq was there lol I've never seen no ? like that before. Kobe was on another level. If you was really watchin ball back then, ? knows what's up. That's why everybody from Shaq to MJ to all the other vets say Kobe>>> Lebron.

Aight I'm done with my rant lol
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pac ain't the GOAT of ? . People who think so are victims of marketing and advertisement or on some west-coast bias ? .

The easiest way to see if someone is a real fan of rap is to ask for that top 5. If you see a bunch of dead rappers, keep it moving.

Prime LL was a complete monster. He laid out the blueprint for everyone trying to do the commercial ladies ? , and was the MC's emcee. At the top of his game, this dude took on lyrical giants like Canibus and Kool Moe Dee, and came out unscathed. At that same time, he had the ladies rubbin' on their ? in the strip club. That's unheard of and still hasn't been replicated.

Pac was one of the greats. If you can't see that, you're just hating. LL is also a legend and contributed a lot to hip-hop but it's not a fair comparison because he is old-school and didn't have all the rap Pac had to influence him. But having said all that Pac > LL when it comes to songs, albums, substance.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    LL 's 4,3,2,1 verse is better than anything tutu ever spit and unlike sucka simp songs like keep ya head up and can u get away LL made dope tracks for/about the chicks + he actually ripped rappas in battles,not saying lies like 'I ? your wife' with a bunch of emotional yellin,wolf tickets and idle threats at the end of the song.

Compare tutu to rappas like trick daddy and havoc that's his lane not actual legends who didn't have to die to be called goats(Big,jigga,LL)
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pac was one of the greats. If you can't see that, you're just hating. LL is also a legend and contributed a lot to hip-hop but it's not a fair comparison because he is old-school and didn't have all the rap Pac had to influence him. But having said all that Pac > LL when it comes to songs, albums, substance.

The GOAT was a phrase commercially coined by LL which meant the Greatest of all-time, as in number 1 and Pac was never that. If you want to say he's great or whatever, that's a matter of opinion depending on your criteria, but LL was by far the better rapper.

Personally I don't ? with Pac outside of a few songs, so LL is better across the board to me.