• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I just bought the collector's edition who want it?

@Sion @KillaCham

Game is trash fam. Only fighters I'm ? with is Tekken 7 and Smash 4.

? when you been ? with Tekken 7. I ain't seen you on there once.

And the game is far from trash. Don't let the haters get it twisted. This game is the truth as far as gameplay. It's the best in the Vs series. It's disappointing in some ways, but it's fun.

Cuz my tags all changed and I haven't been playing for a while because of work and travel.

Nah man this ? is basically MVC3 just cleaner graphics. MVC3 is a classic but ? man I felt the rollout for this game was lazy AF. Virtually the same roster but with a few new faces here and there.

If the licensing was an issue I would have preferred if they just left it alone until they could work something out. What a time to be alive when SFV and the recent MVC get ? on and end up wack. Never thought I'd see that.

It's nothing like MvC3. You're falling victim to the ? out there. The game is far from perfect, so there are valid things to criticize it for. However, from a gameplay standpoint, this game is about as different from MvC3 as it could be and still be considered part of the same series.

Button Layout: LP, HP, LK, HK, Tag, Surge (MvCI) vs LP, HP, K, S, Assist 1, Assist 2 (MvC3)
    2v2 (MvCI) vs 3v3 (MvC3)
    Free Tag System (MvCI) + Reality Surge vs Limited Tag + Assists (MvC3)
    Reality Storm (MvCI) vs X-Factor (MvC3)
    Easier OtG in general replaces the need for Assists for many characters.
    Tweaked damage scaling changes reduces how much anyone can do with a single combo.
    A counter switch was added to help you get out of combos.
    Snapbacks removed, but throws now cancel out red damage.
    The heightened damage to noncontrolled characters was removed.
    All characters now have Lvl 3 Supers
    Almost every returning character has had moves added, rearranged, or changed in a way that when combined with the change in overall game mechanics, makes them feel fresh.

I'm not shilling for the game. If you're not interested in it because you think they cut too many corners or its not presenting what you want for whatever reason, that's fine. You should pass on it. There are like 3 or 4 more fighting games popping up in the next few months that look pretty good. However, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're passing on the game because you think it's just a UMvC3 rehash. That's patently false.

To each his own brother :+1:

My homeboys played the beta and didn't like it.
    I hope you have fun with it fam

I'm checking out the new DBZ jawn first day tho

Yeah, everyone disliked the demo. It was a very early build of the game

The DBZ game looks good, but anyone who doesn't play FGs for a month and pass may be disappointed. The ore I see of it, the more I'm convinced it will get boring fast. It's too mechanic dependent. Basically, all the cool stuff you see in the game are just set mechanics. The problem with that is that it seems like to some degree, everyone plays the same. It's a common problem with DBZ games. Hopefully, I'm wrong cause the game does look awesome.

I don't think I'll be getting it though. Dissidia comes out around the same time and I'm more excited for that game.

I think it's too early to tell. I'm the opposite, I read all the characters will play differently, ex Yamcha is the fastest right now and has a different mechanic, Tien has a move function unique to him, etc. Etc.

Dissidia I'm on the fence about.... Keep in mind I'm a HUGE FF fan and I have all the games.

It is early, but I don't think it will change. Characters like Krillin and Piccolo are different than Vegeta and Goku, but those differences are minor in comparison to the similarities in mechanics. The game isn't out yet, so this is just conjecture, but like I said in the DBS thread, the people who have played the game are saying the same thing.

Dissidia looks dope. That said, it's not a traditional fighting game, so I wouldn't say it competes with DBS. I just don't have the time to play two games that come out that close together. And the chance to play as a bunch of FF characters >> than the chance to play as DBZ characters for the tenth time.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    art direction been downhill since the departure from mvc2 sprites. games looks trash btw
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This game bombed in the UK. #12 debut. Its the end of an era...

s5kqqosdj82n.png
    1giihuo5cd1w.png

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever was responsible for the writing in this game needs to never work again..scust
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It's a FG story not an RPG. People are panning this game for some legit things, but a lot of the criticism is over the top and directed at ? that doesn't even matter. Why is anyone suprised by the low sales when the game has been smeared pretty much the whole lead in? Again, I think there are valid criticisms, but at this point people are basically just bashing it to bash it. Everyone actually playing the game loves it. The only people talking bad about it have never played it and have no intention of playing it, so why do they even care?
  • focus
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    What feels? People like what they like and don't like what they don't like. It doesn't really matter much one way or the other. I just find it so weird that people put as much time in hating on a video game as others do actually playing it. Seems like loser ? to me.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    This game bombed in the UK. #12 debut. Its the end of an era...

s5kqqosdj82n.png
    1giihuo5cd1w.png

This whole thing is messy. The roster is uninspired, the gfx look worst than sfv and their dlc strategy ? them over. You already have the 6 characters made but you already holding them back for extra money. Due to capcom revision history more people probably holding out cause they know capcom gonna re release a updated version with all the characters unlocked
  • vagrant-718
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • vagrant-718
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still haven't opened it it's in the plastic @KillaCham I'll play it next week
  • focus
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite sold 1/10th of MvC3's debut...only 8,273.

USFII on Switch outsold Marvel two to one.

Yikes.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20170927057/
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Yikes.

Case and point.

Why do you care? You had no interest in the game to begin with, so why are you so interested in tracking its failure? ? is weird man. I don't really get it.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Yikes.

This was likely to happen since Japan not a fan of the vs series
  • focus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Yikes.

Yea, Japan was always gonna be the weakest region for the game, but 1/10th of MvC3's debut is abysmal.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Yikes.

Yea, Japan was always gonna be the weakest region for the game, but 1/10th of MvC3's debut is abysmal.

Yeah capcom dropped the ball...again
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game looks ugly as hell.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now for Japan...

Yikes.

Got damn even Mortal Kombat did better in japan than this game.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    how is the game? has anyone actually played it? Ill try it out once I finish Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Japan never liked MVC games, its always been pretty niche there they call it kosugo lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    how is the game? has anyone actually played it? Ill try it out once I finish Horizon Zero Dawn

It's fun. The graphics aren't great and the roster is ok, but disappointing if you were hoping for new characters or certain old characters. All that said, I think the gameplay is the best in the Vs series and if you like the Vs games you'll probably love playing this one.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean look at this stupid ass avatar
    pH4HPJQ38PEB3.jpg

What the ? is this? Also hating on Dj Paul but listening to wack ass Tyler the Creator makes you an idiot.

@genocidecutter I thought you liked Tyler the Creator? Why you don't like his music?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    This game looks ugly as hell.

THIS...

I TRIED THIS OUT W/ A FRIEND & THE ART STYLE IS SO ? & INCONSISTENT IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE.

THE GAME MECHANICS ARE REALLY GOOD...THATS NOT TO BE UNDERSTATED EITHER
    BUT THE ART STYLE IS SO BAD THAT IT DOES TAKE AWAY FROM THE GAME...
    AND I REALLY DON'T HAVE AN EYE FOR THAT ? TBH...
  • focus
    Options
    Neatherealm is just clowning Capcom at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGrT-SkClM
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Too bad injustice boring to watch