Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Teaser Trailer

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They can still do decent numbers without trying to make easy mode newb friendly gameplay and ?

Just make the game look good and the packaging nice and people will buy it lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Trying to cater to casuals is clearly not their problem. If anything, they are too far on the opposite. They are trying to cater too much to pros.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    sf4 was the start of them trying to make the games more casual friendly and every game since then has been more aimed towards casuals. SF4 ended up being super deep by mistake, people just kept discovering new things

They keep chasing that crowd that doesnt really play fighting games like that. I dont understand why you cater a game to people that only play it for a few weeks when the lifetime of the game is a decade.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Dude, they weren't chasing the casual crowd with this game. If they were, they would have done a better job with the roster, put more time into general presentation, and added more fluff like extra costumes and modes. They clearly did the bare minimum in pretty much every area other than gameplay. That's not how you attract casuals. The only thing that caters to casuals are easy combos and easy supers, and neither of those will stop you from getting your ass blown up by a good player in this game because those are not the things that make a difference.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Still in the plastic
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea it's over for Capcom
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Yooooooooo they even had Raph in the trench coat from the OG movie !!

My reaction was pretty much the same

• Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont even play injustice but damn....
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ehhh I don't think the Marvel crowd would care about this. There are plenty of Marvel and Capcom characters they'd rather have before random guests.

Lol For goodness sake, there isn't even an IJ2 topic for y'all to post this in. Y'all clearly don't give a ? about that game. You just have a weird obsession with taking shots at a game you claim not to care about.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turtles is a nice addition, but I'm not a fan of the injustice system. All i see is people spam projectiles all day which just make the game boring to watch . If that is considered high level play then i will pass
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Affirmative Sion. banned from this thread.
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Affirmative Sion. is allowed back into this thread.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol That's some real ? ? @Sion.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I like TMNT. I just wouldn't get hyped about them being shoehorned into MvCI. I'd rather have Surfer, Doom, a few Xmen characters, Asura, Captain Commando, an Onimusha rep, etc... before some random guests.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    They did. It's still a fun game and If play it over IJ2 even if IJ2 is more fan friendly.
  • focus
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like TMNT. I just wouldn't get hyped about them being shoehorned into MvCI. I'd rather have Surfer, Doom, a few Xmen characters, Asura, Captain Commando, an Onimusha rep, etc... before some random guests.

But youre not getting them either sooo...lol?

Its not like Injustice left out Batman, Superman Wonder Woman, etc. They can afford guest characters. The Turtles are comic characters first anyway.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sonicfox already king of this ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Its not like Injustice left out Batman, Superman Wonder Woman, etc. They can afford guest characters. The Turtles are comic characters first anyway.

Who knows what we're getting. If they manage to bounce back like they did with SFV, we'll still be getting new characters when IJ2 is a memory. That's not exactly guaranteed, but it's not impossible either. And yeah the Turtles are comics but they aren't DC comics and there are plenty of iconic characters that are still missing from IJ2. From what I've seen the reception has been mixed. A lot of the people who are hyped by this announcement don't even play the game. That might be a good thing though if people decide to buy the game.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who knows what we're getting. If they manage to bounce back like they did with SFV, we'll still be getting new characters when IJ2 is a memory. That's not exactly guaranteed, but it's not impossible either. And yeah the Turtles are comics but they aren't DC comics and there are plenty of iconic characters that are still missing from IJ2. From what I've seen the reception has been mixed. A lot of the people who are hyped by this announcement don't even play the game. That might be a good thing though if people decide to buy the game.

Fam Injustice ? all over MvC man it's not even close.Combat Gameplay is up to preference but content wise Injustice 2 is lightyears ahead of MvC...just check out the customization options n unlockables alone....Capcom could support MvC for the next decade and still not equal the amount Injustice offers right now fam...and if they ever would they would charge you hundreds of dollars for it lol.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just cause on this particular message board there isn't an Injustice thread it just means on this board... folks prefer to talk about MvC... it not a great gauge of what game more folks prefer overall. If we look at other criteria ( Critic Reviews, Sales and YouTube Views/Reactions to character Revealings etc) then IJ2 easily trumps MvC..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Fam Injustice ? all over MvC man it's not even close.Combat Gameplay is up to preference but content wise Injustice 2 is lightyears ahead of MvC...just check out the customization options n unlockables alone....Capcom could support MvC for the next decade and still not equal the amount Injustice offers right now fam...and if they ever would they would charge you hundreds of dollars for it lol.

All that is true. I always give NRS props for the amount of work and content they put into games. I wish Capcom would have done a tenth of that, but they didn't. At the end of the day though, NRS gameplay is trash and none of their games last very long. That's just a fact. SFV didn't come out much later than MKX, and it also had a terrible debut. It's still being support, still being played widely, and still has money behind tournaments and other promotional events. When IJ2 dropped, MKX pretty much disappeared.

At the end of the day, the extra content is dope and I wish MvCI got it, but I'll probably be playing MvCI on and off for a few years. Had I got IJ2, it likely would have been the same as when I got MKX. I'd play it for like a week and be bored.
  • focus
    Options
    SFV didn't come out much later than MKX, and it also had a terrible debut. It's still being support, still being played widely, and still has money behind tournaments and other promotional events. When IJ2 dropped, MKX pretty much disappeared.

Maybe instead of questioning why fans moved from MKX to IJ2, you should be asking why fans DIDNT move to SFV and MvCI since they both flopped.

SFV and MvCI arent being "supported" as much as they are being "finished" and subsidized by their dwindling, but loyal to a fault fanbase.

You seem to ignore that the Turtles were announced in fighter pack #3 at the Eleague Injustice 2 World Championship playoffs.

Injustice 2 looks amazing running in 4K with HDR on Xbox One X btw.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gameplay isnt trash, MK/IJ are excellent 2D fighters...I played the ? outta games like Capcom vs. SNK, double impact/3rd strike...Mark of the wolves etc on the DC and Netherrealm has an excellent combat system for a 2D fighter...

Best 2D fighter out atm imo aint SFV nor Injustice, its KOF14...

I usually play fighting games for a couple months untill I had enough of em...start em back up when friends come over...

Wish Bandai Namco would quit ? around and give us SC6 lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SFV didn't come out much later than MKX, and it also had a terrible debut. It's still being support, still being played widely, and still has money behind tournaments and other promotional events. When IJ2 dropped, MKX pretty much disappeared.

Maybe instead of questioning why fans moved from MKX to IJ2, you should be asking why fans DIDNT move to SFV and MvCI since they both flopped.

SFV and MvCI arent being "supported" as much as they are being "finished" and subsidized by their dwindling, but loyal to a fault fanbase.

You seem to ignore that the Turtles were announced in fighter pack #3 at the Eleague Injustice 2 World Championship playoffs.

Injustice 2 looks amazing running in 4K with HDR on Xbox One X btw.

I don't need to question anything. I know why MvCI wasn't picked up. Capcom gave the development team a bare bones budget. What resulted was a game that thrives largely off of fanservice that had very little fanfare. The roster was too safe, the graphics were subpar, and the game severely lacks content when compared to its most direct competitor (IJ2). Even the biggest MvCI fan admits those things.

And I don't know what you're trying to say about your support argument. People still play SFV because they like it and because Capcom continues to add on to it with arguably the best DLC system out there. And if the rumors are true about Capcom's plans for the big update, then the game will be reinvigorated going forward. The same goes for MvCI, if the big update rumors are true, then a lot of people who passed on the game will likely give it a try. So Capcom has a chance to turn things around, but nobody disputes that they were stupid to even let it get to this point.
    Gameplay isnt trash, MK/IJ are excellent 2D fighters...I played the ? outta games like Capcom vs. SNK, double impact/3rd strike...Mark of the wolves etc on the DC and Netherrealm has an excellent combat system for a 2D fighter...

Best 2D fighter out atm imo aint SFV nor Injustice, its KOF14...

I usually play fighting games for a couple months untill I had enough of em...start em back up when friends come over...

Wish Bandai Namco would quit ? around and give us SC6 lol.

Nah bruh, they are trash. I get that they have their fanbases and that's cool. But the general opinion outside of the fanbase is that they aren't that good gameplaywise. It's weird. You can go to Capcom FG boards, Tekken boards, Arcsys boards, etc... and there isn't a lot the people on those boards agree about. The one thing you will see commonly on all is the sentiment that NRS games aren't that good outside of the bells and whistles. I'm not saying that should matter to you. If you like them, do you. I'm just pointing out that this isn't just my opinion. I've seen in depth articles on why the games are terrible. It's not that serious to me, but I do understand why people feel that way. The only reason why NRS hasn't completely crushed the industry is because the gameplay isn't really respected outside of those who play the games.