Ab-Soul's "DWTW" album 12.09.16

Options

Comments

• bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he full on promoting occult stuff and devil worshipping. Seems like he's showing both sides of the coin on this album. On first few listens it looked like his messages were contradicting themselves....but done so on purpose.

Will need to give it a deeper listen tho and read up on the guy your mentioned
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    So he follows the occult, specifically a religion named Thelema created by an English guy back in the 1900's who claims he was given The Book of Law from a spirit that visited him and his wife whilst in Egypt.

I wonder if peeps even know what they are listening to??!!

I personally find it an intriguing album and not yet sure if he cosigning ? or the Devil...has a certain dark feel to it despite the obvious christian references.

But maybe that is the point. Do What Thou Wilt....worship ? and the Devil????

Listen to his interview run he just went on last week. He's not on no satanishit.

Haven't had a chance to check interviews but he mentions Aleister Crowley on one of the tracks who is the dude I was talking about and coined the phrase "Do What tho Wilt"

I don't think he is on that ? but he clearly shows an interest.

Read up on dude and then listen to the album again...it's peppered with occultisms.

He talks about all that Aleister Crowley ? in his interviews on Sway in the Morning, Breakfast Club.. all that. He broke it down..
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    I don't think he full on promoting occult stuff and devil worshipping. Seems like he's showing both sides of the coin on this album. On first few listens it looked like his messages were contradicting themselves....but done so on purpose.

And this is more point, if this is the case...it makes this album goat and comparable to Control System...which is a personal classic for me...

However, if he is subconsciously feed me some satanic ? , I personally can't ? wit it...

Not a practicing Christian but I know how I was brought up...

Been playing it non stop today and I really like it if he is offering up both sides of the coin.

But I could never listen to something I could never fully understand. Hence the homework.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Do me a favor and save all that Satanist ? "
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Beat The Case be ? with me cuz I can't sing the hook like I want to...

All I do is beat the case
    All I do is beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
    Like a runaway slave
    Get your king popped, MJ, I'm dangerous, keep away
    The doctors say what an odd autopsy
    I ain't never go to jail *mumbles*
    I ain't never gon' tell

:bawling:
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    So he follows the occult, specifically a religion named Thelema created by an English guy back in the 1900's who claims he was given The Book of Law from a spirit that visited him and his wife whilst in Egypt.

I personally find it an intriguing album and not yet sure if he cosigning ? or the Devil...has a certain dark feel to it despite the obvious christian references.

Aliester Crowley was indeed a very wicked man(who dubbed himself the beast 666 and the wickest man alive) who channeled lower realm entities thru sex magic and various white magic occult rituals..He was a Satanist at heart regardless of what fancy titles he gave himself...His deeds speak for themselves ..In his heart he yearned to be a black man..He even prayed to a picture of a black man with a long phallus during his sex magic rituals(which also included blood drinking and sex with animals)..Str8 ? white boy ?

Them Thelema witches and warlocks are novices at best in the realm of occult sciences..They are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to the occult arena...They believe in blood offering,taking drugs and low vibration sex rituals and ?

Ab-soul seemingly looks like a sell out in my eyes when eye really think about it...Why is he bigging up this sort of caucasian occultist ?..Is he involved in circles that practice sex magic?

Be careful what you listening to yall

Didn't see this earlier. I was going to @ you.

This is what I suspected. Who is the man that he mentions repeatedly? A white magician from the 1900's practising the dark arts?

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of this was on Control System.

My upbringing won't let my subconscious be infiltrated by ? ? .

But I still find this album the most intriguing ? I heard all year.

And they say the illuminati isn't real...
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Aliester Crowley was indeed a very wicked man(who dubbed himself the beast 666 and the wickest man alive) who channeled lower realm entities thru sex magic and various white magic occult rituals..He was a Satanist at heart regardless of what fancy titles he gave himself...His deeds speak for themselves ..In his heart he yearned to be a black man..He even prayed to a picture of a black man with a long phallus during his sex magic rituals(which also included blood drinking and sex with animals)..Str8 ? white boy ?

Them Thelema witches and warlocks are novices at best in the realm of occult sciences..They are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to the occult arena...They believe in blood offering,taking drugs and low vibration sex rituals and ?

Ab-soul seemingly looks like a sell out in my eyes when eye really think about it...Why is he bigging up this sort of caucasian occultist ?..Is he involved in circles that practice sex magic?

Be careful what you listening to yall

Didn't see this earlier. I was going to @ you.

This is what I suspected. Who is the man that he mentions repeatedly? A white magician from the 1900's practising the dark arts?

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of this was on Control System.

My upbringing won't let my subconscious be infiltrated by ? ? .

But I still find this album the most intriguing ? I heard all year.

And they say the illuminati isn't real...

Aliester Crowley wasn't illuminati...He was Thelema/golden dawn/theosophical society...A warlock..A pretty sub par one at that,that resorted to shock value and disgusting rituals to get his point across..

Why ab soul is using thelema doctrine beats me...but to somebody who studies the occult heavily ..Aliester Crowley is the last muthafucka eye would be repping,even subliminally

Here's a documentary on the man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt9WJy6_XZU
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think ab is fully embracing all the things that crowley said and did. But the theme of the album obviously revolves around some of crowleys philosophies.

I wouldnt discredit crowley completely but dude did die a herion junky.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Eye wouldn't discredit everything he did and said either..He did do some great things as far as opening people's minds to the occult

I'm just saying overall..He wasn't nobody eye would be promoting...he went too far left with all the drugs and sex magic..It drove him insane..Channeling entities ain't nothing to play with

Them music industry ? love pushing that Crowley do what thou wilt ? tho..Jay z was promoting it not too long ago as well
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is 100% better than his previous album. Still gotta give it some more spins. Love the intro track though.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z was promoting it not too long ago as well

who happens to be solos favorite rapper if i'm right.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religious, conspiracists, occultist, all nut jobs to me. Still have the capacity to make good art.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "But if he would've never ate that apple, he'd be mad sad

And would have never pulled the leaves off of eve, and saw all of that ass"
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how he doesnt really have a distinctive voice or flow over this

Its like he features himself on a few tracks
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wifey or wifi.....
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »
    First time ever listening to an Ab-Soul album. I've only listened to KL and SQ albums. This ? is dope. Dude just gained a new fan.

You should go listen to Control System if you dug this.

Is These Days worth it? I see a lot of flack from that album on here.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    First time ever listening to an Ab-Soul album. I've only listened to KL and SQ albums. This ? is dope. Dude just gained a new fan.

You should go listen to Control System if you dug this.

Is These Days worth it? I see a lot of flack from that album on here.

It was just a massive dissapointment coming after CS, sounded like he was throwing a lot of ? at the wall and trying to see what stuck, like dude said though there's definitely tracks on there you'll enjoy.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/KJM1C4D7fZY

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/KJM1C4D7fZY

TL:DW? They loved it
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »

How is he devil worshipping tho ? I didn't get that vibe nor message at all. If anything he is expanding on the concept of man, love, and the symbolism of power of the woman, which in the end refelct that ? maybe a woman.