Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS Light (February 10th, 2017)

Options

Comments

• KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FNL2 was good money....way better than this ? & lasers
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Youth & Tetsuo still alive
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he woulda took out the last couple of tracks, Pick up the Phone and It's Not Design, he would've had a good ass album. Those are the only two tracks I don't really like.

It's still a good album. Don't get me wrong, but throwing "light" at the end don't mean it's above critique or shouldn't be viewed as a complete album. It's almost like saying don't judge me too harshly on this because this ain't my real ? .

When I give it another listen I'll give it a score.

I like about 2/3 of the album. Hard to enjoy the rest where he's sounding like flo-rida
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha! We passed the Big Sean album thread in posts
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha! We passed the Big Sean album thread in posts

People won't admit but that Big Sean album was a let down. It's an average ass album which is why that thread is dead.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Lupe ? and complained about his record label only to drop mediocre ? after being released. Sounds like Joe Budden.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So Lupe ? and complained about his record label only to drop mediocre ? after being released. Sounds like Joe Budden.

As usual your "casual fan" ways make it that you have no idea as to what's going
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As usual your "casual fan" ways make it that you have no idea as to what's going

lol at me being a casual fan
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol at me being a casual fan

Bro I don't remember you being active in the thread for his last album (T&Y)...

Lupe fans/stans are quite well known on this forum...

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yo there're so many elements to It's Not Design that make me laugh. That song is unintentionally hilarious.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I still love it's not design
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

I do too but that doesn't make it any less hilarious. Like bruh really set out to make a disco song. I mean I know hip hop basically evolved from Disco breaks but still... That ? hitting the falsetto after each verse is ? funny, as well as the duration where Lu morphed into Will.I.Am.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do too but that doesn't make it any less hilarious. Like bruh really set out to make a disco song. I mean I know hip hop basically evolved from Disco breaks but still... That ? hitting the falsetto after each verse is ? funny, as well as the duration where Lu morphed into Will.I.Am.

Lol I feel you
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? was talking about starship stores and ? .

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

Bruh, I wanted to be surprised, but them ? went to space in Jump lol
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

Bruh, I wanted to be surprised, but them ? went to space in Jump lol

see jump is different. that was kinda funny and great storytelling.

this ? is talking about going to parsec 4 on its not designed. lol
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Man I meant to make a birthday thread for this ? . Smh. He turned 35 yesterday.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I sorta didn't like the fact Jump transitioned into some Space ? . Killed the vibe for me. Such an odd plot twist to the song lol
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    I sorta didn't like the fact Jump transitioned into some Space ? . Killed the vibe for me. Such an odd plot twist to the song lol

Very weird plot twist.

First time hearing it, I was like "is this really happening right now"
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get them intergalactic ? a clappin'
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I remember ? used to be like I ain't trying to hear Lupe talk about galaxies, dimensions and ? .

Before it was false. That's not the case now lol
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'ma keep it all the way a buck, i havent gotten past "dopamine"
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad album after listening a couple times. Fits in to what out now. I think he was trying to get some spins and reach the masses. T&Y was ahead of its time. It should have gotten the same respect and sells as J Coles and Kendrick projects of that year. I think what he is trying to do is connected to people. And since most of these songs were leftovers from the original T&Y, he said why not. Gives him more time to work on Drogas, plus he's still putting out material. You can't serve 5 star exotic food to someone who used to eating fast food. They probably won't ? with it. But if they trust the cook they just might eat and enjoy it.(ex. Mom) People trust Cole and Lamar, because at the early points the had a song or two that was easily digestible. Plus they had co signs. He's trying to to connect with more people who not mentally on a higher level as him, so when the Drogas project drops they might buy it too cause the trust his brand.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i'ma keep it all the way a buck, i havent gotten past "dopamine"

To be fair, this only track I really bump...? tuff