Marvel's The Defenders

Options

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On ep 5

I like that this is relatively short. Watching this kinda makes me wish I seen iron fist but not really
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First season was solid though there's certainly room for improvement. Between DD, Iron Fist and this I'm tired of The Hand though. Ready to see a different threat.

I think they should replace all the characters with new ones. They Def should just scrap this entire project it's not worth it
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New villains are needed
  • Beta
    Options
    Ok just finished it.
    1. I actually like Danny Rand, his character, his actor, etc. Also like his chemistry with luke (which is to be expected because of heroes for hire)

2. ? Foggy he's a straight ? I'm glad he was hardly around but they did a good job of including all the side characters from each series.

3. Um the hand was cool but after daredevil I was kinda tired of seeing them so much but at least it's the end of them.

4. Had a problem with daredevil not using his staff, club, grappling hook in combat nowhere near as much as he couldve because seeing 4 characters use hand to hand combat gets lackluster afterwhile.

5. Idk what the plans are but they should do heroes for hire after this with luke, iron fist,
    colleen, and misty with her metal arm or w/e and they should face off with black mariah, shades and another villain.

6. Liked that this was only 6 eps, he said Jessica was cool in this but neither her or DD are needed after this. I'll give this hmmmmm a 8
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    It was 8 episodes
  • Beta
    Options
    Whoops wrote 6 because I was thinking how many eps I've seen of JJ when I typed that
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just finished the series. starting later this week I plan on watching one episode of each marvel netflix series on consecutive days starting with daredevil and ending with iron fist 4 days a week.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool and I liked seeing all the characters on screen at once. Danny was so annoying even Colleen admittited he's just an immature little boy still searching for his parents. Everybody kept reminding him of how much of a pathetic iron fist he is for not protecting Kun Lao or whatever the city he was sworn to protect name is. His fighting skills are the weak point of the show. Jessica Jones was funny but her being so de powered was a let down to me also. Like someone else said we've had 2 seasons of Daredevil and 1 season of Iron Fist and folks still haven't figured out the Hand is evil lol clueless ?
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They depended on them fights in the dark a lot in the end. ? is woat
  • nickel-us P
    Options
    I was waiting for stark to intervene with Danny to talk about Mistys arm or something
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was waiting for stark to intervene with Danny to talk about Mistys arm or something

Who is stark? Iron Man is in this too? Oh ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep. 3

Stick cut off his own hand so gracefully.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They couldn't afford to pay for 30 seconds of RDJ screen time.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Movies and netflix will never mix long as they're beefing
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished Defenders earlier today. I give it 6.5/10.

It was cool to have the supporting cast from all the shows to join the show. Tbh, after watching this show it was fine but it wasn't really needed. I'm more interested in how Marvel is going build on Jessica Jones and if they will fix Iron Fist for season 2 (if there is one). Luke Cage and Daredevil are the best Marvel series on Netflix so far.

I'm ready for The Punisher by the end of the year.
  • nickel-us P
    Options

They couldn't afford to pay for 30 seconds of RDJ screen time.
    iron man1 wrote: »

Movies and netflix will never mix long as they're beefing

When they were in the hospital talking about connections n ? I had the weebay look for a min
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's dope that we've gotten to this point in media.

After 9/11, you wouldn't see simulated acts of terrorism portrayed in New York in tv and movies or even music. That Biggie line "blow up like the world trade" got muted on explicit versions of the song. Yeah it's New York so action films will always find some way to put it in fictional danger but nothing too close to what happened in real life. People are so quick to cry foul and protest until networks and studios bend...

Now it's 2017 and Marvel studios alone has portrayed New York with a foreign (alien) invasion with the Avengers, Black market sales of WMD's in Spiderman Homecoming, and now the ? heroes managed to justifiably blow up a high rise building in NYC. It's been over a week and no blowback. No way we would've seen this a decade ago.

I'm looking forward to what they do with the city going forward.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Ok just finished it.
    1. I actually like Danny Rand, his character, his actor, etc. Also like his chemistry with luke (which is to be expected because of heroes for hire)

2. ? Foggy he's a straight ? I'm glad he was hardly around but they did a good job of including all the side characters from each series.

3. Um the hand was cool but after daredevil I was kinda tired of seeing them so much but at least it's the end of them.

4. Had a problem with daredevil not using his staff, club, grappling hook in combat nowhere near as much as he couldve because seeing 4 characters use hand to hand combat gets lackluster afterwhile.

5. Idk what the plans are but they should do heroes for hire after this with luke, iron fist,
    colleen, and misty with her metal arm or w/e and they should face off with black mariah, shades and another villain.

6. Liked that this was only 6 eps, he said Jessica was cool in this but neither her or DD are needed after this. I'll give this hmmmmm a 8

Gotta disagree with point 6. DD is easily the best character and actor out of the four.
    You take him out this ? would've been bad.
  • Beta
    Options
    Ok just finished it.

Gotta disagree with point 6. DD is easily the best character and actor out of the four.
    You take him out this ? would've been bad.

Well point 6 is with heroes for hire in mind and I dont think daredevil needs to be in that at all
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
  • Beta
    Options
    I dont think this ? needs to have a season 2 lol

But DD Season 3 ( it can wait a bit) punisher, heroes for hire (which should set up blade in the future) should be the best things in line
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But DD Season 3 ( it can wait a bit) punisher, heroes for hire (which should set up blade in the future) should be the best things in line

How blade connected? My memory failing me lol
  • Beta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

How blade connected? My memory failing me lol

No I'm saying something in H4H should set up a blade series. Like I said luke and fist showed the chemistry needed for it. And I said let misty and colleen be down also. They take down mariah and shades and somewhere in between someone from blade's world

Defenders 2 ain't needed