Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017?

Options
StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in The Reason
So I made a lot of ? mad because I said that no one cares about Dr. Dre beats in 2017 in the Kendrick thread.

So @sapp08_2001 got so tight that he wanted to me to make a poll .

If the majority vote yes, I will leave the ic. If the majority say no then sappy will leave. Please see below
AggyAF wrote: »
TheGOAT wrote: »
Dre isnt out here tryn to produce hits so i dont get your argument.

Do u really think he forgot how to produce?

Where did I say that ?

Y'all said there's a demand for Dre beats and he can make a hit......so where's the hits?

Dres whole production discography is lined with hits.

U sayin what has he done lately? Hes not active... But if he wanted produce an album its common sense it would be in demand.

Dave Chappelle just dropped his 1st specials in 12yrs. They were def in demand. Ppl didnt say Dave wasnt in demand because Kevin Hart is whats poppin these days.

How did Compton do?

Very well. Thats already been proven.

But i thought we were talking Dre production?

Majority of beats on Compton not Dre beats.

Proven where?
giphy.gif
b712b7eqookj.png
vn4sfebas5tn.png

So Dr Dre going gold is a success?
I believe getting plaques in music is the definition of success.

So Dr. Dre going gold is a success?

Yup. Wheres your plaque? This aint a Dr Dre thread. If you wanna ask the same ? over and over again make a thread called "is Dr. Dre Relevant"? Put up a poll so folks can vote. If most folks vote yes then you log off for a year. If most folks vote no, you win ill take that L and I'll be ghost for a year. Bet???

So please vote and then comment with why you chose your vote.

Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017? 103 votes

Yes he is relevant in 2017
59%
Bender Rodriguez[Deleted User]dontdiedontkillanyonsapp08_2001tharealest5615th Letterblack caesarrip.dillaDarthRozayGhostdenithegawdbigbird_1coltongman82Stewhoodsavioresco sopranonohiphop1illestni99ainneDoUwant2go2HeavenMax. 61 votes
No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
40%
*~queenbee~*a.mannmiamivice305infamous114dondisoul rattlerescoeanduinrobblr86qawshunR.D.bkkbullyjmolilledoutbdbdbdokaayIceBergTaylorCapitalBits....JOHN BCabana_Da_Don 42 votes

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is. He always will be. Don't even try to play that high school girl "who's popular" ? . Dr Dre will always be relevant because his music is timeless. The chronic is still being sampled as we speak.

It's dr Dre man. Cut it out. His production is so polished.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Idk when polls close so make you all vote
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well first we have to define what it means to be relevant as a producer....
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Well first we have to define what it means to be relevant as a producer....

He claims that nobody would want a Dr Dre Beat in 2017. Blasphemy. But hey @AggyAF you got til midnight with this bet
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    But as far as the thread goes. Dre is a legend. And for that he'll never be "irrelevant" in any year.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Face of Hip-Hop production
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    This stupid ass thread. Let me raise the stakes - If the majority vote "Yes" I'm changing your name to some ? ? chosen by the good posters of the IC.

It's gotta be something Troy Ave related. Like BlackGeraldLuvsTroyAve

Ah Ah Ah
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Dre is a Hip Hop ICON WTF left does he have to Prove in this Weirdo ERA if Hip Hop

Relevancy in 2017 in Hip Hop? He is the BAR that Mike Will, Metro, Mustard and other producers have to try and live up to. Can they stay relevant as long as Dre Did and become a Hip Hop ICONS like Dre? I doubt it!

Rakim and slick rick are legends

But they not relevant

Seen?
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Droppimg a album with no singles and just hype sell 300k first week says people still see him as a relevant producer and artist.
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nowadays, Dr. Dre is more of a business man and worked with co-producers on his last project. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes when you have a million and one things going on - Aftermath Entertainment, Beats Radio Show, the headphones, TV shows, etc. It's not the Ruthless and Death Row days where he could just focus on the music.

But I think he's still capable of producing a hot album with no co-producers (or just a few) if he really wanted to. I would like for this to happen with Snoop. But if he was to do this, it would be with Kendrick. It would be a dope project. Dre is known to bring the best out of people and Kendrick is not shy about telling a producer if he's not feeling his beat.

This clip from 2016 with LL shows that he still can make a beat. It's OK, but it's not like Dre was trying to sell this beat to him or have it on his next album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10vpMVLhvHo

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Michael Jordan hasn't played since 2003, is he "irrelevant" to basketball today? So Dre isn't relevant because he doesn't have any hits on the billboard charts? That's a wild criteria.

Michael Jordan is a relevant player in the NBA? In 2017?

It don't matter now. You about to have your name changed to something Troy Ave related very soon.

If that's the case I will log off indefinitely

I don't want to associated with that wasteman
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    Michael Jordan hasn't played since 2003, is he "irrelevant" to basketball today? So Dre isn't relevant because he doesn't have any hits on the billboard charts? That's a wild criteria.

Michael Jordan is a relevant player in the NBA? In 2017?

It don't matter now. You about to have your name changed to something Troy Ave related very soon.

If that's the case I will log off indefinitely

I don't want to associated with that wasteman

Almost midnight lol
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
    Well it's been real

@AggyAF deuces