Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017?

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    Put it like this, I wouldnt see a new rapper out now not wanting a Dre beat. Its more a factor of him just not doing too much. Doesnt mean everything he does is a monster hit...
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    like i mean is Kendrick even hollering at Dre for beats? after Dre laced him with some dope ? for GKMC
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He asked if Dre decided to produce a whole album by himself would it be in demand in 2017?

Obviously the answer is yes.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    He asked if Dre decided to produce a whole album by himself would it be in demand in 2017?

did he produce the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack? ? that ? was aaaiiiiigt....barely a 7 outta 10
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »

did he produce the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack? ? that ? was aaaiiiiigt....barely a 7 outta 10

Majority was produced by others. Credits are on Wiki

But i disagree. Albums is fire. Maybe 2 tracks i skip.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre is Jordan status..
    he's the greatest..

but he get his old ass on ghe court if he want to..
    these young producers got somethin fir his ass. lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dre is Jordan status..
    he's the greatest..

Huh like who? And who is judging this? Sarah from Nebraska?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Dre is Jordan status..
    he's the greatest..

Huh like who? And who is judging this? Sarah from Nebraska?

? these ? is mumblin on tracks and ? hard!! it aint the bars ? ..

i love Dre beats like the next..
    but nah.. that ? had its day..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    and @Stew maybe that analogy went over ur head..
    not sayin these ? is better but Dre is dated..

Jordan will get ran off the court by Clay..
  • Stew
    Options

Word, just Makin sure. Dre being "dated" is like saying it's not cool to listen to a Quincy Jones produced Michael Jackson track in the Hip Hop community. Cut it jack.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If

It hasn't happened tho

Y'all caught feelings over nostalgia, what bruh said was right as a producer he is not relevant, in life period of course he is.

Yall must confused "beats by Dre" with him Actually Makin beats in 2017
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he aint sorry but no.
  • CapitalB
    Options

Word, just Makin sure. Dre being "dated" is like saying it's not cool to listen to a Quincy Jones produced Michael Jackson track in the Hip Hop community. Cut it jack.

? WE grew up in that era so itll never be dated to US... but these kids aint tryin to hear that ? ..
    stop it.
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm proud of The Reason for this thread. Thanks @FaggyAF :joy: I'm gonna have fun using that @ all week. Shout out @Sion
  • CapitalB
    Options

? WE grew up in that era so itll never be dated to US... but these kids aint tryin to hear that ? ..
    stop it.

Poor kids

true but doesnt change the fact..
    ? up world we live in. lol & smh
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean everytime he drops somethin hes automatically got a fan base that will check for it off top. Does he get less attention than in the past? Yeah...but he can still come out the wood work whenever he feels like.

If kanye doesnt drop anything this year does that mean hes no longer relevant? Or is it just a matter of WHEN he drops the ? ?

When youre "washed up" or retire u lose the relevancy imo but he still puts ? out every now and then n ppl still check for it off HIS NAME ALONE
  • TheGOAT
    Options

If

It hasn't happened tho

Y'all caught feelings over nostalgia, what bruh said was right as a producer he is not relevant, in life period of course he is.

Thats what AggyAF said... IF dre dropped an album all produced by him that nobodt would care.

Yall can keep tiptoein back n forth over the definition of relevent but IF he dropped an album ppl would care.
  • CapitalB
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    I mean everytime he drops somethin hes automatically got a fan base that will check for it off top. Does he get less attention than in the past? Yeah...but he can still come out the wood work whenever he feels like.

If kanye doesnt drop anything this year does that mean hes no longer relevant? Or is it just a matter of WHEN he drops the ? ?

When youre "washed up" or retire u lose the relevancy imo but he still puts ? out every now and then n ppl still check for it off HIS NAME ALONE

his bas..
    u know what..

nevermind..

yall enjoy yall weekend..
    im headed to LA for a couple days.. peace & love..

i aint got time for this ? !!

100th post by the way! lol
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heaint the hottest today or all over the place or anything but that soesnt mean he isnt "relavent" to me. I dont try to analyze what the next person cares about, he aint on the top of thecharts but thats different than being "irrelevant" he's relavent to me as far as what i listen to thats all that matters...in 2017. That TI songwas a lil hit Im in Georgia and its TI so there is that, but that alone proved his current relevance. Irrelevant means nobody is listening to, or checking for you. That aint Dre by a long shot. He set the bar high though. Again not saying he's the hottest producer out, but he aint "irrelevant". I still listen to him=relevant in the only way that matters.
    Ya know I guess this is a personal opinion thing because he's relevant to some and not to others so there is no definite answer but the fact he still has plenty of listeners means he's relevant. And there are definitely new rappers would fck with him if they could.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If

It hasn't happened tho

Thats what AggyAF said... IF dre dropped an album all produced by him that nobodt would care.

Yall can keep tiptoein back n forth over the definition of relevent but IF he dropped an album ppl would care.

Might as well say everyone relevant then whether they currently active or not, every one has a certain amount of folks that will care about something
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options

If

It hasn't happened tho

Might as well say everyone relevant then whether they currently active or not, every one has a certain amount of folks that will care about something

No. Jimmy Jam and Terri Lewis are irrelevant today. Arguably the biggest rapper in the game right now signed to this dudes label. He dropped an album that nobody knew about other than us die hard Hip Hop fans and almost went Gold in a week with 0 promotion. Them cats can't do that unless the song they put out is super flames from a popular artist.