Options

Comments

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    He asked if Dre decided to produce a whole album by himself would it be in demand in 2017?

Obviously the answer is yes.

If

It hasn't happened tho

Y'all caught feelings over nostalgia, what bruh said was right as a producer he is not relevant, in life period of course he is.

Yall must confused "beats by Dre" with him Actually Makin beats in 2017

Thats what AggyAF said... IF dre dropped an album all produced by him that nobodt would care.

Yall can keep tiptoein back n forth over the definition of relevent but IF he dropped an album ppl would care.

Might as well say everyone relevant then whether they currently active or not, every one has a certain amount of folks that will care about something

I think it depends on whether or not said artist has been categorized as "fell off".

Like Bone thugs...they fell the ? off, everything they release struggles, regardless of how strong their fan base.

Dre never fell off when he comes back its never to save his career or respark it cuz he dont need to
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's still relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK_7_amS0EI
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bad question, people voting YES like the question is "is Dr Dre a legend & GOAT"

that's ? ridiculous, nobody's questioning his relevance as far as being a cultural icon and industry behemoth, nobody's taking away that ? -tier work he did on No One Can Do It Better, Niggaz4Life, The Chronic, ? , 2001. Any hip-hop head that leave him out of a production Top 5 DOA deserves hands.

But....its 2017.

Cmon-Son.gif

I listened to that Compton album like twice and forgot about it. So did most of ya'll.

How many bangers, DOPE BEATS, "this ? is crazy...", production work has Dre given us in the past 8 years?

Did ya'll love them beats on Relapse? ? NO. Well that's the last album he did front to back.

You know why Detox never dropped? It wasn't up to Chronic/2001 standard and he knew it. Not even close. Remember those songs that leaked, like the one with T.I? Lukewarm.

Ya'll can sit in here and argue he ain't lookin Flabby & Sick, but ya'll look like them ? that keep gassing up their favorite washed athlete........
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre is relevant by virtue of the fact that this thread exists.

If there were no threads about Dre then he'd be irrelevant, but somebody made this thread and its on page 5, so yes he must be relevant.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    He asked if Dre decided to produce a whole album by himself would it be in demand in 2017?

Obviously the answer is yes.

If

It hasn't happened tho

Y'all caught feelings over nostalgia, what bruh said was right as a producer he is not relevant, in life period of course he is.

Yall must confused "beats by Dre" with him Actually Makin beats in 2017

Thats what AggyAF said... IF dre dropped an album all produced by him that nobodt would care.

Yall can keep tiptoein back n forth over the definition of relevent but IF he dropped an album ppl would care.

Might as well say everyone relevant then whether they currently active or not, every one has a certain amount of folks that will care about something

Jimmy Jam and Terri Lewis are irrelevant today.

They both produced Janet Jackson's last album released in 2015 and it went #1 on Billboard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_(Janet_Jackson_album)

Y'all ? though =)

I stand corrected. What I get for talkin about something I don't follow lmao BUT I did say this...

"Them cats can't do that unless the song they put out is super flames from a popular artist"
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    @AggyAF I know you were a big supporter of ATCQ's last album released in 2016 and wholly produced by Q-Tip (who BTW is not or wasn't visible a lot in the current era of rap)... it was the group's first album in 18 years. A long time in rap to space album releases

That same album was critically acclaimed and did commercially well. You named it album of 2016...

So why a different approach when viewing Dr. Dre's credentials?

Relevance or irrelevance in HipHop music should be a non factor as fa as I'm concerned as far as the music is dope...

I feel like people (well most people) dont even understand the basis of his argument. It stems from @sion saying "Kendrick hasnt used his Dr.Dre cheat code" which is a full blown produced Kendrick album by Dre. I firmly believe that news of a Dre produced Kendrick album wouldn't garner that much more attention than it would already achieve.... in 2017. Had this been before Compton dropped, maybe. Back in 2010, definitely. In 2017, I can't see how much more it would boost Kendrick's overall album sales.

Somehow the rest of this argument went totally left and now we are here.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how this ? in ine breath talk about Mike and Quincy forever bein relevant to us THEN go on to talk ? about Janet Jimmy Jam and Terry!!? hahahaha

must be two sides..

okay im gone! *runs out*
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Options
    This is actually a tough question to answer...

Are newer artists callin Dre for the projects they're workin on? ...Ehh, probably not...

BUT..... If Dre called THEM and said "Aye, I got some HEAT for you!" would they turn him down like "Nah........I'm good..."? ...I got a hard time believin they would... At least not if they got ANYbody in they camp wit a little bit of wits...

I mean take this same equation and apply it to, lets say...Beats By The Pound...

So I think in a sense that makes him still "relevant"...just not highly sought after...if that makes any sense...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AggyAF I know you were a big supporter of ATCQ's last album released in 2016 and wholly produced by Q-Tip (who BTW is not or wasn't visible a lot in the current era of rap)... it was the group's first album in 18 years. A long time in rap to space album releases

That same album was critically acclaimed and did commercially well. You named it album of 2016...

Relevance or irrelevance in HipHop music should be a non factor as fa as I'm concerned as far as the music is dope...

I feel like people (well most people) dont even understand the basis of his argument. It stems from @sion saying "Kendrick hasnt used his Dr.Dre cheat code" which is a full blown produced Kendrick album by Dre. I firmly believe that news of a Dre produced Kendrick album wouldn't garner that much more attention than it would already achieve.... in 2017. Had this been before Compton dropped, maybe. Back in 2010, definitely. In 2017, I can't see how much more it would boost Kendrick's overall album sales.

If Dre produced Kendrick's new album people in their 40s and 50s would cop.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Yeh........

We'll agree to disagree.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Yeh........

We'll agree to disagree.

Where is your partner @FaggyAF yall out here flabby and sick
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

How much that's going to boost his sales though? He already sales. The people who MIGHT buy the albums cuz of dre won't do enough lol. It's not a cheat code.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How much that's going to boost his sales though? He already sales. The people who MIGHT buy the albums cuz of dre won't do enough lol. It's not a cheat code.

U must be smokin ? . If Dr Dre announces hes gonna produce for Lil yachty, 21 savage young thug or anyone for that matter people would cop it in a heartbeat. Look at how many producers release albums these days and the ? wont even hit Gold. Dre dropped Compton and it sold. But Dre is irrelevant? Lay off the pipe
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Name the albums Dre has actually produced

All classics

Thats why an album produced solely by Dre would be a "cheat code"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I think we can all agree irrelevant was the wrong word to use

Legends can't be irrelevant
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Dre is Jordan status..
    he's the greatest..

but he get his old ass on ghe court if he want to..
    these young producers got somethin fir his ass. lol

Huh like who? And who is judging this? Sarah from Nebraska?

An ur stew from atl. What is sayin guy? Your opinion is more vaild than sarah Becky and bobby cuz????
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    I mean everytime he drops somethin hes automatically got a fan base that will check for it off top. Does he get less attention than in the past? Yeah...but he can still come out the wood work whenever he feels like.

If kanye doesnt drop anything this year does that mean hes no longer relevant? Or is it just a matter of WHEN he drops the ? ?

When youre "washed up" or retire u lose the relevancy imo but he still puts ? out every now and then n ppl still check for it off HIS NAME ALONE

his bas..
    u know what..

nevermind..

yall enjoy yall weekend..
    im headed to LA for a couple days.. peace & love..

i aint got time for this ? !!

100th post by the way! lol

Bruh all i gotta do is say some smart ? n u will be back in here responding in no time.

"Yall made me stop my workout"
    "Now lemme get back to my daughter"
    "Its too nice out here to be goin back n forth with yall"

*proceeds to go back n forth*

End up with the 200th post n 300th post n all

I know how u do!!

Is u sayin that ? be lyon like lucious #bars
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    I mean everytime he drops somethin hes automatically got a fan base that will check for it off top. Does he get less attention than in the past? Yeah...but he can still come out the wood work whenever he feels like.

If kanye doesnt drop anything this year does that mean hes no longer relevant? Or is it just a matter of WHEN he drops the ? ?

When youre "washed up" or retire u lose the relevancy imo but he still puts ? out every now and then n ppl still check for it off HIS NAME ALONE

his bas..
    u know what..

nevermind..

yall enjoy yall weekend..
    im headed to LA for a couple days.. peace & love..

i aint got time for this ? !!

100th post by the way! lol

Bruh all i gotta do is say some smart ? n u will be back in here responding in no time.

"Yall made me stop my workout"
    "Now lemme get back to my daughter"
    "Its too nice out here to be goin back n forth with yall"

*proceeds to go back n forth*

End up with the 200th post n 300th post n all

I know how u do!!

Is u sayin that ? be lyon like lucious #bars

34orn8g.jpg

lyin about what exactly!!?