Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017?

Options

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    Post dre biggest hits in 2016 2015 2014 an then tell me is he relivent in 2017

Sold half a million in 2015 this will be the last time I'm saying this
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    @AggyAF I know you were a big supporter of ATCQ's last album released in 2016 and wholly produced by Q-Tip (who BTW is not or wasn't visible a lot in the current era of rap)... it was the group's first album in 18 years. A long time in rap to space album releases

That same album was critically acclaimed and did commercially well. You named it album of 2016...

So why a different approach when viewing Dr. Dre's credentials?

Relevance or irrelevance in HipHop music should be a non factor as fa as I'm concerned as far as the music is dope...

Dr Dre's music isn't dope anymore, he's washed
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On an album where he had a number of producers. Yes, I went there. Cause yall LOVE going there when it comes to Kanye.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

On an album where he had a number of producers. Yes, I went there. Cause yall LOVE going there when it comes to Kanye.

Y'all asking about relevance though nobody brought the album for the other producers

Idk the rules about the multiple producer thing but there's a video of him working with extra producers and if I remember correctly they describe how Dre is like the choir director he is still heavily involved in the production

Kanye started doing this and we got yeezus......

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    No one is waiting on any Dr Dre material in 2017.

N whos sayin "man i cant wait for yung berg to co write that next big sean track"?

"Yo when jazze pha comin out with somethin?"

Better yet....u say any of those 2 dudes workin on something vs dre workin on somethin...dre will probly be more anticipated.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Bottomline is the man can say hes going to work with anybody poppin at any given day and people will check for it regardless. Nobody would dare say Prince Michael Jackson The Rolling Stones are irrelevant just because they havent released material in a while. Gotta show respect for their work and the milestones theyve achieved. But for some odd reason Hip Hop fans in this era dont give a damn.

hiphop fans nowadays have that fast food mentality. Future drops 10 "albums" in one year and they try and label each tape a classic. meanwhile the ? has no impact.

look how they treat lil wayne now. poor wayne couldnt even get out the first round in Stews thread against big Krit. a ? who is basically a mixtape rapper. i dont like to dab in southern affairs but damn.

Krits mixtapes are albums he produced over original production. He raps about way more mature topics than Wayne. But we dont need to rehash that in here.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thing Kanye has popped up in the convo...

Now Ye appeals to a large demographic of HipHop fans (teens, 30 year olds to middle aged people) as a mainstream artiste. He's a guy who's still very much commercially viable and relevant (LOL)

But as a recording artiste peep the producers who he works with on his albums: Pete Rock, DJ Premier, MadLIB, Q-Tip, Rick Rubin, Havoc, Mike Dean, RZA, No ID. ... you get the drift

These producers I listed would be branded 'irrelevant' by the newer generation today.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Bottomline is the man can say hes going to work with anybody poppin at any given day and people will check for it regardless. Nobody would dare say Prince Michael Jackson The Rolling Stones are irrelevant just because they havent released material in a while. Gotta show respect for their work and the milestones theyve achieved. But for some odd reason Hip Hop fans in this era dont give a damn.

hiphop fans nowadays have that fast food mentality. Future drops 10 "albums" in one year and they try and label each tape a classic. meanwhile the ? has no impact.

look how they treat lil wayne now. poor wayne couldnt even get out the first round in Stews thread against big Krit. a ? who is basically a mixtape rapper. i dont like to dab in southern affairs but damn.

Krit wouldn't had beatwayne anywhere else lol just here.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? man...
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same thing for Lupe beating Kanye
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

? basing their musical outlook on millions of casuals then come here wondering why the outlook isn't the same this site ain't for casual listeners
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wrv8e5brkol8.jpg
    Welp, it was nice getting to virtually know you @FaggyAF! The I.C. was boring and dull until your presence captivated my attention. Within 6 1/2 years, you have managed to accomplish what so many failed to deliver. Just for that, I will miss and cherish those moments! Goodbye and take care my love! <3<3<3<3

Dear slim, I wrote you but you still ain't callin'
  • LUClEN
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Now remember the logic is that billboard determines relevancy. So y'all young ? better not say ? when I use y'all logic against one of y'all generations rappers.

shots fired @ XXXtentacion
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sold half a million in 2015 this will be the last time I'm saying this [/quote

Post tha track an actual sales an artist…

? basing their musical outlook on millions of casuals then come here wondering why the outlook isn't the same this site ain't for casual listeners

Ya bias on here I ain't tryn hear no casual listener
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    For somebody who isn't relevant in 2017, its ironic that there's a thread thats 8 pages about him.

Yea he's been out 25plus years it b ashamed of it didn't
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For somebody who isn't relevant in 2017, its ironic that there's a thread thats 8 pages about him.

Sion wrote: »
    gaufvrr14xzm.gif

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

So why aren't there any threads about other rappers from 25-30 years ago?
  • LUClEN
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

So why aren't there any threads about other rappers from 25-30 years ago?

What about that thread about Melle Mel thinking he's better than Jay Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoOs26gy1PM
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? ass dre

You have to use yours words better

you must caught feelings