Is Dr.Dre A Relevant Producer in 2017?

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    No Dr.Dre is not a relevant producer in 2017
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Post dre biggest hits in 2016 2015 2014 an then tell me is he relivent in 2017

Sold half a million in 2015 this will be the last time I'm saying this

On an album where he had a number of producers. Yes, I went there. Cause yall LOVE going there when it comes to Kanye.

Bottomline is the man can say hes going to work with anybody poppin at any given day and people will check for it regardless. Nobody would dare say Prince Michael Jackson The Rolling Stones are irrelevant just because they havent released material in a while. Gotta show respect for their work and the milestones theyve achieved. But for some odd reason Hip Hop fans in this era dont give a damn.

hiphop fans nowadays have that fast food mentality. Future drops 10 "albums" in one year and they try and label each tape a classic. meanwhile the ? has no impact.

look how they treat lil wayne now. poor wayne couldnt even get out the first round in Stews thread against big Krit. a ? who is basically a mixtape rapper. i dont like to dab in southern affairs but damn.

Krit wouldn't had beatwayne anywhere else lol just here.

? basing their musical outlook on millions of casuals then come here wondering why the outlook isn't the same this site ain't for casual listeners

? you can ask that any other hip hop board and Wayne would win lol . The reason always has a bias to rappers who are not as mainstream as others.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Yes he is relevant in 2017
    LUClEN wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    For somebody who isn't relevant in 2017, its ironic that there's a thread thats 8 pages about him.

Yea he's been out 25plus years it b ashamed of it didn't

So why aren't there any threads about other rappers from 25-30 years ago?

What about that thread about Melle Mel thinking he's better than Jay Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoOs26gy1PM

Cool keep naming more.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For somebody who isn't relevant in 2017, its ironic that there's a thread thats 8 pages about him.

8 pages, not one about music

Sonned yourself

I understand why y'all think it's debatable but it's not

50 cent is relevant, is his music
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Sonned yourself

They don't hear us man

I wouldn't have used jazze pha but I agree with the sentiment
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    I think we can all agree irrelevant was the wrong word to use

Yeah of course Dr. Dre is not "irrelevant". Thats decided. Its not his heyday but he's not some nobody. Even though it's not his heyday he's probably the biggest and most famous Producer in Rap history haha. His name still rings bells and people would still work with him. But there is the thing of him not Hcoming out very often.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On an album where he had a number of producers. Yes, I went there. Cause yall LOVE going there when it comes to Kanye.

Bottomline is the man can say hes going to work with anybody poppin at any given day and people will check for it regardless. Nobody would dare say Prince Michael Jackson The Rolling Stones are irrelevant just because they havent released material in a while. Gotta show respect for their work and the milestones theyve achieved. But for some odd reason Hip Hop fans in this era dont give a damn.

hiphop fans nowadays have that fast food mentality. Future drops 10 "albums" in one year and they try and label each tape a classic. meanwhile the ? has no impact.

look how they treat lil wayne now. poor wayne couldnt even get out the first round in Stews thread against big Krit. a ? who is basically a mixtape rapper. i dont like to dab in southern affairs but damn.

? basing their musical outlook on millions of casuals then come here wondering why the outlook isn't the same this site ain't for casual listeners

? you can ask that any other hip hop board and Wayne would win lol . The reason always has a bias to rappers who are not as mainstream as others.

How you a mod with this shity view of rap

in a thread about relevance lil Wayne can't put out a album

lil Wayne can't​ string together 2 good back to back verses

not album not mixtapes Or singles but verses

Lil Wayne has been musically washed and irrelevant for a long time

I guess I'ma speak for the people who voted for Krit

If I am a unbiased fan and I like both artist and we have to go by "relevancy of good music"

Lil Wayne is dead and stinking Because he hasn't put anything out that's musically relevant in a long time but Krit has

Like dam lil Wayne has a good verse on solange album and chance the rappers for a ? still putting music out what kind of ? is that if y'all ? Gona be feeble and going to go with the " what have you done for me lately" ? then you can't ? complain about ? voting for Krit over Wayne
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout 8 months ago dre surpassed 15 mil records sold off 3 albums alone.

Jay did 55 mil with 12 albums dre wouldve been on that pace had he kept releases going. We all know how anticipated detox was.

Like it or not beats by dre and the nwa movie kept him relevant n ppl continue to purchase his music. Everytime u watch a vid of your fav radio dj on youtube u see Dre's name on their ears.

Anderson paak who was on compton spoke about how dre does a lot of work but barely releases anything n being on the compton album opened a lot of doors for him.

Yall can spin it however ya want.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Sonned yourself

They don't hear us man

The mula joint by greatness was killing last year...I don't know the numbers but was one of my favorite songs on radio last year

Some ? namedropped some ? called Dope that got something to do with Dre, idek what the ? that is, it wasn't on my radio

When Dre last consistent radio play...How we do?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoooooooooo @ @FaggyAF lolololololol hold that L bruh
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottom line, if Dre called any MC in America and said, "I want to produce your album" that MC would be a fool to say no.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? ass dre

Yaaaassss @x the unknown ? , I live!!!!!!
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited April 2017
    Options

Sonned yourself

They don't hear us man

The mula joint by greatness was killing last year...I don't know the numbers but was one of my favorite songs on radio last year

Some ? namedropped some ? called Dope that got something to do with Dre, idek what the ? that is, it wasn't on my radio

We using the dinosaur that is local radio as a bar for relevance now? We evolved into so many music mediums and your going to use the radio to question relevance the same radio that's being strangled by music corps to pump out their payola tapes.

I don't here Cole on the radio like that but the ? sold a milli with a album that can only relate to a small population of people

? weak ass argument getting worse and worse
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

How you a mod with this shity view of rap

in a thread about relevance lil Wayne can't put out a album

lil Wayne can't​ string together 2 good back to back verses

not album not mixtapes Or singles but verses

Lil Wayne has been musically washed and irrelevant for a long time

I guess I'ma speak for the people who voted for Krit

If I am a unbiased fan and I like both artist and we have to go by "relevancy of good music"

Lil Wayne is dead and stinking Because he hasn't put anything out that's musically relevant in a long time but Krit has

Like dam lil Wayne has a good verse on solange album and chance the rappers for a ? still putting music out what kind of ? is that if y'all ? Gona be feeble and going to go with the " what have you done for me lately" ? then you can't ? complain about ? voting for Krit over Wayne

Based on their criteria Krit is irrelevant.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao...

Don't hear it on my radio station so it must be irrelevant...

? cornballs; marching to the tune of corporate oppression...

Lame af...
  • R.D.
    Options

Sonned yourself

They don't hear us man

We using the dinosaur that is local radio as a bar for relevance now? We evolved into so many music mediums and your going to use the radio to question relevance the same radio that's being strangled by music corps to pump out their payola tapes.

I don't here Cole on the radio like that but the ? sold a milli with a album that can only relate to a small population of people

Lmaooo @ cole album only relating to a small amount of people. What album is that? What the ? are you talking about? Cole was across the world selling out outdoor venues

I'm on the IC, I'm online. I don't know what Dope is. Never seen it online, never heard it on the radio... you jumping around looking for an opening that don't exist

Choose your next words carefully, you're bordering idiot territory
  • R.D.
    Options
    40 years old telling the current generation what's relevant lmaooo
  • R.D.
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Dope was getting mad play out here and I'm in Canada, you must a been living under a rock if you missed that joint.

Let me find and up the thread, a lot of ? gon get exposed saying they wasn't feeling it....

? your country ain't relevant

We don't give af about the Raptors or the Maple Leafs over here

Ditto for the Blue Jays

So, I googled Dope to settle this

12 million views on YouTube

Young Greatness-Moolah 27 million views

Old, corny, out of touch, dinosaurs...take ya pick
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

Sonned yourself

They don't hear us man

Lmaooo @ cole album only relating to a small amount of people. What album is that? What the ? are you talking about? Cole was across the world selling out outdoor venues

I'm on the IC, I'm online. I don't know what Dope is. Never seen it online, never heard it on the radio... you jumping around looking for an opening that don't exist

Choose your next words carefully, you're bordering idiot territory

What does Cole selling millions have to with his album relating to people?

I didn't know millions of people had dead drug dealing homies with daughters that ? ain't relatable to 99% of the people that brought it

And that's literally the whole album unfortunately I relate to the album about 90% but if I didn't I couldn't feel I huge majority of the album that ? speaks to me

I never heard dope until the ic either but I also wasn't checking for the t.iI'm not even close to the biggest t.i fan but it has 12 million views so that's on me not t.i you can't hope music Gona find you

And how the ? you Gona tell me to choose my words carefully and your ? ass said jazzy PHA out of all people is more relevant than Dre foh

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Dope was getting mad play out here and I'm in Canada, you must a been living under a rock if you missed that joint.

Let me find and up the thread, a lot of ? gon get exposed saying they wasn't feeling it....

? your country ain't relevant

We don't give af about the Raptors or the Maple Leafs over here

Ditto for the Blue Jays

Old, corny, out of touch, dinosaurs...take ya pick

The number 1 rapper in Hip-hop and in YOUR country is Canadian BWAHAHAHAHHA

dipz7gl1yuve.gif

LMFAO yo wtf is that gif from I'm in tears

• GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mane bottom line if you can drop a gold+ selling album you relevant ain't no gold+ selling artist irrelevant that ? don't even match up
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How does this prove dre's irrelevancy?
  • R.D.
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Drake ain't a rapper

As for the other ? , if all you got from that album is a dead homie and his daughter, you missed it

Meanwhile every time one of y'all weak arguments fails, ? on point see you jump to another one

Jazze pha produced moolah with new artist 27 mil
    Dre produced Dope with established Rap veteran/star 12 mil

You ask "is Dre a relevant producer in 2017"

I say " is Jazze Pha" ;)
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@sapp08_2001 just shut the thread down with this gospel. New ? not gonna like it but you can't deny the truth :+1:

Its all good let them have their opinions. Real Hip Hop fans know whats up.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Drake ain't a rapper

As for the other ? , if all you got from that album is a dead homie and his daughter, you missed it

Meanwhile every time one of y'all weak arguments fails, ? on point see you jump to another one

Jazze pha produced moolah with new artist 27 mil
    Dre produced Dope with established Rap veteran/star 12 mil

You ask "is Dre a relevant producer in 2017"

I say " is Jazze Pha" ;)

Dre getting named drop and doing work with arguably the best "new generation" rapper in the game

Jazzy PHA had a hit song with a one hit wonder that nobody's knows I thought that was a future or a young thug song I never knew who young carbon copy was until now you just took away the only song by young thug I thought I liked