So certain females are mad @ Jesse Williams for divorcing his wife & then supposedly upgrading to...

Options

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Agreed with most of what you put @jono

Ex wife ain't ugly she might not be drop dead gorgeous but she ain't busted by any means.

Cats get with these women based on looks only and that ? fades quickly. Give a man any attractive woman and if that is all she bringing to the table within a year or less he's going to be tired of hitting that.

Good personality, career driven, qualities of being a good mother, etc go a lot further than simply being attractive with some good cat. A lot of these cats got some growing to do.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Damn, @obnoxiouslyfresh be dismissing people for everything these days. Her man better not mess around and annunciate his words too much or that ? might be out the door. lol

I aint gotta throw a parade about it or send him no hate mail, but all these frauds are expendable these days. I aint gotta watch yo ? , buy yo ? , eat you ? . He can go in the trash wit Shea Moisture.

Serena? Shonda rhimes? Eve? Janet?

@obnoxiouslyfresh stop avoiding
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »
    so I had this arguement with my pops about this yesterday at work... He told us what's up with this dude he is so pro black but now he leaves his wife for a white chick so ? him....

Am like so being pro black means you cannot practice intermarriage? What does him being pro black have to do with his personal life and or conjugal relationship?
    I told him is bizarre. My pops (stepfather) is black and my Mom Hispanic. This man is very pro black but he married my Moms and had my little sister. Trust me when I say this is the best thing that could have happened to our family my moms is happy we have a great relationship they gave us our little sister I mean I could go on. So yesterday he told me this it baffles me I mean I gotta be missing something here yo I see nothing wrong with Jesse change of wife, that's a. Issue he has outside of his movement imo

There are Black Hispanics though. I don't know of any Black Whites. Not sure how your pops situation is the same.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life has taught me that basic ? have horrible taste in character. The fact that these chicks are salty from a TMZ story and an IG post is indicative of small minds at play. I don't entertain stories of doubtful authenticity and most women who are woke don't either.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Kai wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Personally any pro black person that dates non black people looks silly to me though
    Harry-Belafonte-and-wife-Pamela.jpg
    87f61b9cdcb69e668f8619f79cb11ab9.jpg
    2de5f8cc4a45590af3ee0a8d2e90dfec.png

Now tell me how your achievements for your race stack up to these silly people

i can still appreciate their achievements while still being of the opinion that it would be better for our community if we focused on the black family and building black love. the two are not mutually exclusive. saying that i think highly of some of their contributions does not mean i can't be critical of other actions they took. mfs on the ic never surprise me, it's like y'all can't comprehend the idea of having more than one opinion or nuanced opinions at the same time. it's quite possible, and if you can't see how that speaks to your level of intellect

Cosign Kai!

Add that to the fact that this ? aint Sydney Poitier. He aint Belafonte either. He is a television series actor whose fundamental claim to fame has been a somewhat one trick pony role on an evening soap opera. That ? cancelled in my book.

you all out of pocket for this and are soo off base

really surprised this coming from you tbh

Outta pocket how? I aint gotta ? with Jesse Williams. I hope he goes on to do great things. I aint gotta ? with him tho. What's it to you?

b/c your pov seems extremely limited

so what hes not Belafonte or Portier. NO ONE ELSE IS

thats the problem with black folks today

everyone is looking for the next Malcolm or next Martin...

dude legit trying to uplift black folks on the various platforms he has, but let it come out he is rumored to have marital issues and all of a sudden ? him? really?

he's doing his part which is more than you can say for a lot of other people who have a platform equal or greater than his

i just thought your post was a bit baseless and disingenuous b/c the same people you are comparing him too are also actors and activists. I just didnt get your angle
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, @obnoxiouslyfresh be dismissing people for everything these days. Her man better not mess around and annunciate his words too much or that ? might be out the door. lol

I aint gotta throw a parade about it or send him no hate mail, but all these frauds are expendable these days. I aint gotta watch yo ? , buy yo ? , eat you ? . He can go in the trash wit Shea Moisture.

Serena? Shonda rhimes? Eve? Janet?

@obnoxiouslyfresh stop avoiding

None of those women have recently sprouted to stardom as social activists, if I remember correctly :relaxed: If they did, they'd also get a side eye. I'm not about to go back and forth with you when I cosigned your post above, which is the crux of what I am getting at. When you're with a white person, at some point you'll have to center them. If you aren't centering your partner, then you aren't a good partner. So I do think it clouds things if you are an anti-white supremacy social activist while centering a white person, which is EXACTLY what you said above... which I agree with... so this argument is dead.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally any pro black person that dates non black people looks silly to me though

i can still appreciate their achievements while still being of the opinion that it would be better for our community if we focused on the black family and building black love. the two are not mutually exclusive. saying that i think highly of some of their contributions does not mean i can't be critical of other actions they took. mfs on the ic never surprise me, it's like y'all can't comprehend the idea of having more than one opinion or nuanced opinions at the same time. it's quite possible, and if you can't see how that speaks to your level of intellect

Cosign Kai!

Add that to the fact that this ? aint Sydney Poitier. He aint Belafonte either. He is a television series actor whose fundamental claim to fame has been a somewhat one trick pony role on an evening soap opera. That ? cancelled in my book.

Outta pocket how? I aint gotta ? with Jesse Williams. I hope he goes on to do great things. I aint gotta ? with him tho. What's it to you?

dude legit trying to uplift black folks on the various platforms he has, but let it come out he is rumored to have marital issues and all of a sudden ? him? really?

he's doing his part which is more than you can say for a lot of other people who have a platform equal or greater than his

i just thought your post was a bit baseless and disingenuous b/c the same people you are comparing him too are also actors and activists. I just didnt get your angle

Save your writing. OB is just going to ignore your points and tell you that she doesn't have to watch his shows and you should go watch them if you like him so much.
  • Copper
    Options
    Aint nobody arguing with yo ass it was a question with an expected answer.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

Cosign Kai!

Save your writing. OB is just going to ignore your points and tell you that she doesn't have to watch his shows and you should go watch them if you like him so much.

? . This man really knows me :scream:
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I don't really want to get into the muck and mire of all this but I do want to make a few statements.

1: His ex wife is not ugly. I don't know why this is somehow the narrative to run with.

2: Even if she was ugly (or your opinion is that she's ugly) what makes a person isn't on the outside anyway. The looks and the body are the first thing to go with age. You marry someone you're in for the long haul. At some point you gotta grow up and get over the looks.

3: If you consider yourself pro-black, you should have a black family. I'm not going to knock the ? for dating a white woman though, because he knows her better than I do and she might be a dope ass white woman.

4: The chief issue I have with this is the concept that dude is "upgrading" to a white woman. This furthers the stereotype that white women are cultural trophies for ? .

5: The white woman is actress. Any kind of beauty she has is manufactured by having personal trainers, make up artists and hairdressers making sure she's on point for these glamor shots y'all keep posting. If his wife was an actress and had access to all that assistance y'all probably wouldn't be calling her unattractive.

6: We don't know dude and his wife's relationship. Black or white when things get toxic or bad for you then its time to bounce. Also the ? not obligated to date sisters. It should be preferred but he's not obligated.

I think you make very valid points but on #3: it says
    "If you consider yourself pro-black, you should have a Black family.

Then it says at #6: " Also the ? not obligated to Date sisters. IT SHOULD BE PREFERRED but he is not obligated".

Now am not trying to mock what you wrote or anything like that like I said you have valid points there.

My question is: if you consider your self pro-black, you are required to have a black family. WHY? Whose rules are these and again WHY?

I don't understand.

I'm multiracial and have a lot of black siblings.
    I love the mixture in my blood I love my family I consider myself pro black and pro Hispanic matter fact I am pro-justice period. My wife is Hispanic and I've never dated a black woman. I've been attracted to many but never had the experience. That does not mean that in the future things don't work out between me and my wife and I happen to marry a black woman that I'm no longer pro Hispanic or what not. NO it's absurd. I've tried my chances with a beautiful black woman who happened to have been already in a relationship and she is faithful to her man who I didn't know at the time she was already dating. I mean the situation for this guy can be so broad I don't understand what is the big deal. Not you @jono am just saying in general

If it were a pro black woman who left her black male s/o
    For a white man well ? so be it. Why should it take away anything from them. You Love who you love and that's that.
  • Copper
    Options
    Alot of women have a do as we say not as we do stance on interracial couples
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As do men.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just mad bruh apparently chose a known ? to leave his wife for. Somebody posted Minkas hollywood body count in the other thread and its laughable.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

As do men.

Some, but generally speaking of theyre against interracial couples its across the board. They go hard at other men. Havent seen women call each other sellouts over it the way men do.

Why am i talking to you about this anyway?
  • Kat
    Options
    Stop caping haf.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you right, its lunch time anyway
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    why she a ? ?

Because the word thot aint strong enough
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    felliwonda wrote: »
    so I had this arguement with my pops about this yesterday at work... He told us what's up with this dude he is so pro black but now he leaves his wife for a white chick so ? him....

Am like so being pro black means you cannot practice intermarriage? What does him being pro black have to do with his personal life and or conjugal relationship?
    I told him is bizarre. My pops (stepfather) is black and my Mom Hispanic. This man is very pro black but he married my Moms and had my little sister. Trust me when I say this is the best thing that could have happened to our family my moms is happy we have a great relationship they gave us our little sister I mean I could go on. So yesterday he told me this it baffles me I mean I gotta be missing something here yo I see nothing wrong with Jesse change of wife, that's a. Issue he has outside of his movement imo

There are Black Hispanics though. I don't know of any Black Whites. Not sure how your pops situation is the same.

Well my pops is Haitian and you probably know the history of Haiti and how proud a black people this is and let me tell you Haitian folks are true warriors when it comes to this but women or men it don't matter when you love some one looks and ethnicity goes out the window.
    And as far as Black Hispanics look at the situation in DR for instance you got black men and women who want nothing to do with black period and as crazy as it sounds they are totally ignorant to pro black and or pro white pro Hispanic all of that...

Then again all through Latin America and throughout history you also had pro black activists,musicians athletes and so forth and so on who have intermarried.
  • Kat
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

As do men.

Some, but generally speaking of theyre against interracial couples its across the board. They go hard at other men. Havent seen women call each other sellouts over it the way men do.

Why am i talking to you about this anyway?

? . We don't even have to leave the IC to see the blatant double standard.
  • Copper
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Im just mad bruh apparently chose a known ? to leave his wife for. Somebody posted Minkas hollywood body count in the other thread and its laughable.

Derek jeter is the only one I know about
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    edited April 2017
    Options

Cosign Kai!

You are taking it further than I am. Jesse Williams is cancelled in terms of like... "Ok ? I see you". There are varying degrees of cancellation. Jesse is canceled indefinitely, pending further vetting. Chrisette Michelle is perma-cancelled. I dont think this invalidates his activism, but I don't gotta like it either and l don't wanna see his green-eyed, yellow face. They play the same games over and over. All these color struck, white girl chasing celebs can suck a nut. Get on my damn nerves