Boston Sports Fans Yell Racial Slurs at Adam Jones

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
The worse sports fans in the country and i am a patriots fan myself.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19291263/adam-jones-baltimore-orioles-says-was-target-racist-abuse-fenway-park?sf75153595=1

Orioles center fielder Adam Jones says he was subjected to a torrent of N-words and other racist taunts at Fenway Park during Baltimore's game against the Boston Red Sox on Monday night.

"A disrespectful fan threw a bag of peanuts at me,'' Jones said, according to USA Today. "I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight. Thanks. Pretty awesome.''

Jones, one of just 62 African-American players on the Opening Day rosters of the league's 30 teams this year, said he was the target of further taunts as the game continued.

"Very unfortunate," Jones said. "I heard there was 59 or 60 ejections tonight in the ballpark. It is what it is, right. I just go out and play baseball. It's unfortunate that people need to resort to those type of epithets to degrade another human being. I'm trying to make a living for myself and for my family."

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't be surprised when you hear that people of Boston was being racist.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is it with people in Boston & their ? up history with black athletes?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

Boston has many great people. But the city has a my way or the high way approach culturally. It can be negative and anger driven and many of the working class people have a napoelon complex and are insecure. So if you are bill russel or david ortiz or paul pierce you get a pass. But any player that beats them they have a strong hate for.

You can't really say things to trigger or ? off white guys who beat boston sports teams. But when it comes to black players you can yell racial slurs. Hence the hate for Magic and Lebron and any other talented black player who destroys the boston teams. Then when more ? started playing hockey like Joel Ward of the Capitals it got to hockey. Same with PK Subban.

My dad lived in segregated Virginia in the 60's. He moved to Boston in the late 60s and saw more racism in Boston than in the south. Reason being integrating schools and educating minorities threatened the white people in Boston. My dads other brother had to literally fight everyday to defend himself in suburban boston during that time.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh...who ever said it wasn't?

point me to a city that isn't. doesn't excuse this ish that went on at the ballpark though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Boston has many great people. But the city has a my way or the high way approach culturally. It can be negative and anger driven and many of the working class people have a napoelon complex and are insecure. So if you are bill russel or david ortiz or paul pierce you get a pass. But any player that beats them they have a strong hate for.

Hmm interesting..I think out of state fans adopted this mentality
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Hmm interesting..I think out of state fans adopted this mentality

The short working class Irish Catholic part of Boston/Fall River has always felt inferior to the upper class and wealth in Boston. In many ways they were living in the hoods of Boston and the Eastern portion of boston before Rhode Island. They are rough tough and aggressive but never were able to find a way out their hood/area.

This is why the working class folk loved Larry Bird given his Midwestern French Lick Indiana upbringing. This is why hockey is a staple in the boston area. The way they have self esteem is by forwarding hate toward the mostly black Lakers or during the 50s when black people were bought into white schools throwing bananas and yelling racial slurs. It's very close to the feeling of poor whites during plantation and post civil war eras feeling less than the wealthy white and preying and attacking black folk.
  • ghost!
    Options

You can't really say things to trigger or ? off white guys who beat boston sports teams. But when it comes to black players you can yell racial slurs. Hence the hate for Magic and Lebron and any other talented black player who destroys the boston teams. Then when more ? started playing hockey like Joel Ward of the Capitals it got to hockey. Same with PK Subban.

My dad lived in segregated Virginia in the 60's. He moved to Boston in the late 60s and saw more racism in Boston than in the south. Reason being integrating schools and educating minorities threatened the white people in Boston. My dads other brother had to literally fight everyday to defend himself in suburban boston during that time.

Come on bruh! I agree Boston is racist LIKE ANY OTHER CITY, and I'm not saying you or your dad didnt experience racism here in boston. But boston fans generally hate rival athlete's just the same as any other city's fans hate rivals who play for boston..you can't say..they hate "this" and "that" minority, but they accept "this minority because blah blah.. " A racist is a racist...ignorance is ignorance....and ? that happened in the 60s aint happening now...I don't see anyone in boston hating Magic Johnson, or ever...probably not liking him when he played for the lakers and went up against bird and the Cs naturally but i NEVER got that vibe from anyone in boston hating Magic, and lebron his hated by PLENTY OF FANS BLACK AND WHITE....sh*t check the playoff threads each year he is in he finals....

back to Magic n boston, i can remember i went to a laker vs celtics preseason game when Magic was still playing and can remember mad people(black and white people ) waiting right in front of the laker bus for Magic's autograph.....

i think this incident here is a few ? heads ? who are just ignorant..but that doesnt mean boston is the most racist sport town.

David Price complained a couple years back about racial slurs from boston fans...but he's playing here right now..i agreee this sh*t is ugly and it doesnt make the city look good, no doubt. But katz, especially out of town'ers twist ? even more...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

Come on bruh! I agree Boston is racist LIKE ANY OTHER CITY, and I'm not saying you or your dad didnt experience racism here in boston. But boston fans generally hate rival athlete's just the same as any other city's fans hate rivals who play for boston..you can't say..they hate "this" and "that" minority, but they accept "this minority because blah blah.. " A racist is a racist...ignorance is ignorance....and ? that happened in the 60s aint happening now...I don't see anyone in boston hating Magic Johnson, or ever...probably not liking him when he played for the lakers and went up against bird and the Cs naturally but i NEVER got that vibe from anyone in boston hating Magic, and lebron his hated by PLENTY OF FANS BLACK AND WHITE....sh*t check the playoff threads each year he is in he finals....

back to Magic n boston, i can remember i went to a laker vs celtics preseason game when Magic was still playing and can remember mad people(black and white people ) waiting right in front of the laker bus for Magic's autograph.....

i think this incident here is a few ? heads ? who are just ignorant..but that doesnt mean boston is the most racist sport town.

David Price complained a couple years back about racial slurs from boston fans...but he's playing here right now..i agreee this sh*t is ugly and it doesnt make the city look good, no doubt. But katz, especially out of town'ers twist ? even more...

Boston is not like any other city that is the issue. It is one of the most segregated cities in the country low key. There is a very very small black population period that live in the boston area. finding a black barber in boston is like trying to find snow in Texas. The lack of black folk only adds to the level of hatred for minorities.

Racism is everywhere yes but most mid size or major cities have sizeable black populations that make the overall urban population diverse. I have experienced this recently in Kansas City this year and Houston last year. I have seen this in cities like Atlanta as well and a little in Orlando and Jacksonville. Up by me Philadelphia and New York have cultural diversity as well. Most major cities have their racism issues but as a black man you can live in a nice area and or anywhere in the city without overt hate and racism.

Boston is a my way or the highway city. If you are not white and not irish or italian you don't belong. There are literally 2 black churches left in the city part of boston the rest have folded or collapsed. There is a reason why there aren't thousands upon thousands of successful black people who stay in Boston. But every other major city has a community or part of the city where black people grow and can succeed. Boston's racism and hate is much different than the rest of the country.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston went Boston.

Hell, Bill Russell's the greatest champion in the history of that city and he got treated like ? on the regular.

This led to Bill Russell's storied cold / stand-offish attitude with the Boston press
  • ghost!
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Come on duke. What to part of boston are you talking about. Name towns? Bruh not the actually city. Other than Southie, what part of boston is actually segregated like that?

I go into boston almost on a daily and i can hit up a black own barbershop or hair salon easy..blacl churches too??

Yo where did you travel in boston? ? reading your post you would think its the white cops shooting us like that..but ahh no. You getting that ? in the south.

Sorry for whatever experience you n your dad had here..but ? aint like what you describing now....n i live in this ?

JohnB

You live here too..is it like that for you?

And ? ? me w the bill russell ? , like he dont still come thru here...

everytime racism n boston come in. ? are quick to bring up B.Russell.. like he dont got a statue here...of course he experienced racism...but he doesnt hate boston.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta defend the city lol.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    @MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Come on duke. What to part of boston are you talking about. Name towns? Bruh not the actually city. Other than Southie, what part of boston is actually segregated like that?

I go into boston almost on a daily and i can hit up a black own barbershop or hair salon easy..blacl churches too??

Yo where did you travel in boston? ? reading your post you would think its the white cops shooting us like that..but ahh no. You getting that ? in the south.

Sorry for whatever experience you n your dad had here..but ? aint like what you describing now....n i live in this ?

JohnB

You live here too..is it like that for you?

And ? ? me w the bill russell ? , like he dont still come thru here...

everytime racism n boston come in. ? are quick to bring up B.Russell.. like he dont got a statue here...of course he experienced racism...but he doesnt hate boston.

The only black church in the city limits of Boston is really Ebenezer Bapist Church. Went there with my grandparents last year. All the other churches have moved out of the city limits and or folded due to financial issues.

Case in point of the segregation is when my Grandfather took over about 10 years ago as an interim pastor at a Church and Medford just north of the city. It was a longtime black church but 90% of the church didn't live in the mostly white Medford area of Boston. Most of them had to drive from Chelsea where Blacks over decades were boxed into living giving the segregation and prestige of Medford. So this old historic church that used to have more black people living within walking distance now had most of it's base from another section of the greater Boston area.

Most cities in the country are a hub of cultural diversity. But a wealthy black professor like Henry Louis Gates gets questioned for living in Cambridge because he is black. ? my aunt worked downtown and did overtime someone called the cops on her thinking she was "breaking in" to a building. White people are just ignorant when it comes to black people in Boston because there aren't many there.

Yes every city has racism and biases and segregation. But if you live in Houston or Atlanta you can find an upscale place to live as a young black man without be questioned. White people in other cities have to interact with so many more black people that have high titles. In Boston there isn't much diversity outside of International students at the ritzy schools like BU or BC. And when it comes to black people there isn't a large %.

So the fact they don't need to work with interact or co exist with many black people to live makes it easier to be bias and prejudice toward black people. Most times it is not as clear as racial slurs yelled at Bruins or Red Sox games in the last few years. Many times it is covert and as subtle as a jay z diss. But Boston has always has and still has a racism problem worse than nearly every other city.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Also Boston is the only modern city in United States history to have consistent hate and racial slurs be used to black sports players on a year by year basis. While most racism in Boston is subtle they lose their ? when their teams lose a big playoff game.

Joe Ward a black hockey player scored in overtime in 2012 against the bruins: racial slurs threats and anger online and at the TD garden

PK Subban another black player who played for Montreal gets racial slurs thrown at him after his team beats boston in the playoffs Racial slurs left and right in the venue and online

Nevermind here is a better track of history

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/05/ugly-history-boston-being-most-racist-sports-city-america

• ghost!
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I go(for an ex) into Mattapan and hit black baptist churches quite a bit. right before I get onto mass ave. I hit a black own barber shop and right across from it is a black baptist church. I disagree with your statement that boston's racism is worst than any other city...especially when we just went through/are going through everything with black lives matter and police shooting black men...none of that was//is close to boston.

and there are well off black people living in Newton, Milton, Watertown, Cambridge etc...my girl's cousin just became the new fire chief of mass port in Boston. and that's Mass port..not just any reg. ole town fire chief. And he is black, replacing a white man.
  • ghost!
    Options
    Also Boston is the only modern city in United States history to have consistent hate and racial slurs be used to black sports players on a year by year basis. While most racism in Boston is subtle they lose their ? when their teams lose a big playoff game.

Joe Ward a black hockey player scored in overtime in 2012 against the bruins: racial slurs threats and anger online and at the TD garden

PK Subban another black player who played for Montreal gets racial slurs thrown at him after his team beats boston in the playoffs Racial slurs left and right in the venue and online

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/05/ugly-history-boston-being-most-racist-sports-city-america

I already knew of this..but Hey did you know that PK Subban incident...those comments got tracked and traced and come to find out...it was internet trolls and none of them even lived in boston..again...never said boston wasn't racist..just saying...the truth gets twisted a bit too much.

same with the adam jones thing..there werent 50/60 ppl yelling and screaming racial slurs...there was one to possibly a very small group that got thrown out...he played the next day to a standing O in boston. again ? racist white ppl all day...but the outside world twist this ish too much..

if boston was that racist..black athletes wouldnt come here to play...and we all see, they do.

david price, al horford, I.Thomas. Richard Sherman and Marshawn lynch possibly teased coming here..as well and Adrian Peterson...to name a few.

still at the end of the day, i agree with everyone..f all the racist fans of Boston, and other cities.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

I already knew of this..but Hey did you know that PK Subban incident...those comments got tracked and traced and come to find out...it was internet trolls and none of them even lived in boston..again...never said boston wasn't racist..just saying...the truth gets twisted a bit too much.

same with the adam jones thing..there werent 50/60 ppl yelling and screaming racial slurs...there was one to possibly a very small group that got thrown out...he played the next day to a standing O in boston. again ? racist white ppl all day...but the outside world twist this ish too much..

if boston was that racist..black athletes wouldnt come here to play...and we all see, they do.

david price, al horford, I.Thomas. Richard Sherman and Marshawn lynch possibly teased coming here..as well and Adrian Peterson...to name a few.

still at the end of the day, i agree with everyone..f all the racist fans of Boston, and other cities.

Lol David price getting on average 31 Million a year to play in boston
    Al Horford was a role player who signed with boston not a superstar
    Isiah Thomas is an emerging star but he was traded to Boston
    Lynch and Sherman didn't sign here hella star athletes have teased Boston but didn't sign

The point is the spirit of the city is making it so star black athletes aren't signing there. They would rather sign in the deep south over Boston despite the racial tensions and histories of the old Jim Crow south. Boston is the Michael Jordan of racist sports cities.
  • ghost!
    Options

Lynch and Sherman didn't sign here hella star athletes have teased Boston but didn't sign

The point is the spirit of the city is making it so star black athletes aren't signing there. They would rather sign in the deep south over Boston despite the racial tensions and histories of the old Jim Crow south. Boston is the Michael Jordan of racist sports cities.

can't have it both ways, or twist the argument to fit your point. you just made mine. thank you.

and PS: if the pats wanted Sherman or A.P. dont act like they couldnt get them...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

can't have it both ways, or twist the argument to fit your point. you just made mine. thank you.

and PS: if the pats wanted Sherman or A.P. dont act like they couldnt get them...

The point is either a ? needs to get paid a ? ton of money or be part of one of the most dominant runs in NFL history (Pats the last 15 years) to even consider boston. In the end none of those football players signed and David Price is the only star Black player to sign in the city out of dozen of black stars in pro sports.

That means unless a ? getting paid 31 million dollars a year again they not going to the toxic my way or the highway city.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

point me to a city that isn't. doesn't excuse this ish that went on at the ballpark though.

Why u always gotta do that? Well other cities are racist too... both that don't excuse the specific Boston ? ? that's currently being discussed. It's like since u from there u gotta go super hard to defend /deflect
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Why u always gotta do that? Well other cities are racist too... both that don't excuse the specific Boston ? ? that's currently being discussed. It's like since u from there u gotta go super hard to defend /deflect

What about black on black
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited May 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Literally is hilarious the excuses white liberals are making for the racial slurs here locally in Connecticut/Massachusetts

Some of these idiots are blaming Trump for what has been happening in Boston. Like real people are using this as a way to bash trump just shows you how out of touch they are. White people been doing this in boston since black people arrived via slavery has nothing to do with trump.

Then others sound like ghost saying "well other cities are racist too". ? that is not the ? point lmao. Stop deflecting off the years of modern history between Boston fans and black players. The older i get the more i realize how stupid and ignorant some white people are in blue states like Mass and CT. They love black people until a ? either beats them in a sport, marries their kid or moves into their neighborhood. I can't tell you the amount of people in CT that are liberal voted for Obama but would freak if 1 black family moved into their neighborhood.