Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    It's worst, not worse
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show me a majority white city (which is most cities) that don't have racist people.

That's not the point. The point is that it is the worse in Boston and their fans are the quickest to start calling people "? ". Black players sign to teams across the country that are mostly white. But if you ask players which city is the worse most of them say boston.

Lol u sound dumb
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Show me a majority white city (which is most cities) that don't have racist people.

That's not the point. The point is that it is the worse in Boston and their fans are the quickest to start calling people "? ". Black players sign to teams across the country that are mostly white. But if you ask players which city is the worse most of them say boston.

Lol u sound dumb

Not really. Name 1 superstar NBA free agent under 30 that has recently signed with the Celtics ill wait. And lightskinned price is already having issues in the minors with the sox. Boston is the last place black superstars want to sign.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What athletes didn't come here because it's a racist town?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    What athletes didn't come here because it's a racist town?

Clearly you didn't read the article on page 1

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/05/ugly-history-boston-being-most-racist-sports-city-america

Barry Bonds for sure. Other haven't even considered it because of the racism. Reporters and players have both said conversations they have with black players shows that many know and have experienced hate here and don't like the city. ? the only reason KG and Allen came was because they were old and wanted a title.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ? no I didn't read that stupid article, I'm not invested in this ? like you, but I don't remember them trying to sign Barry Bonds, if you want to get into Patriot and Celtics signings we can
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    So racism didn't matter once KG and Ray got older?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    So racism didn't matter once KG and Ray got older?

Pretty much Ray went to Miami and KG went to BK. You refuse to read an article that lays down multiple examples of players despising the racism and hatred toward black players. ? even bill russel hated how he was treated in boston despite winning hella titles.

There is a reason that every time a black hockey players beats boston he gets called a "? " in boston and via social media. ? even in other NHL cities doesn't happen to the likes of Joel Ward and PK Subban who is about to play in the Cup Final next week.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm not ignoring that or defending that I'm just calling out your blatant either lies or stupidity
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    KG got traded to bk, Ray didn't leave because of racism, see how you keep making ? up to fit your agenda?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    KG got traded to bk, Ray didn't leave because of racism, see how you keep making ? up to fit your agenda?

I never disputed their reasons for leaving were because of racism but my point is they left. But when it comes to both the Celtics during the big 3 period and the current Pats players went and wanna go there because they had a chance for a title. In those cases they cared less about racism because they wanted titles.

However no young in their prime black NBA player has signed with Boston via free agency. When it comes to the Red Sox they followed Carl Crawford racial profile style before deciding to pay him a ton of money and it didn't work out. Now David price gets around 30 mill a year on average and he is struggling in Boston.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Players are treated like royalty out here bruh, unless you suck like David Price of course, you're just flat out wrong, Brandon Meriweather was just on the radio saying he never experienced racism out here and the most racist place he played was West Virginia, and the only time the Celtics were really struggling to get players to come here is when we were irrelevant for so long, you throw bad weather and a ? nightlife on top of it yea no one is going to come here, and all I can think of is Iverson when Pierce was trying to recruit him
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Players are treated like royalty out here bruh, unless you suck like David Price of course, you're just flat out wrong, Brandon Meriweather was just on the radio saying he never experienced racism out here and the most racist place he played was West Virginia, and the only time the Celtics were really struggling to get players to come here is when we were irrelevant for so long, you throw bad weather and a ? nightlife on top of it yea no one is going to come here, and all I can think of is Iverson when Pierce was trying to recruit him

How am i wrong when there is proof Crawford was literally profiled by the red sox. Bruins fans on twitter were calling PK Subbans brother and PK the n work and his brother Malcom was drafted by the Bruins and on the Providence Bruins minor league team at the time!

Of course winners like Ortiz and Meriweather are treated well when they win. But if they get traded or if they lose they are hated and booed unless they get forced out like Wilfork. And I personally talked to Anson Carter on the phone (former black Bruins player) when the Joel Ward racial tweets were happening. People were clalling him a "? " despite him being a beloved bruins player. Some of those kids went to my school and played on my team with ties to the Boston area. Boston love when black atheltes stay in their lane and do their job. But if they sign to another team for more money or make a business move not approved by the fans they are hated. Plain and simple.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

How am i wrong when there is proof Crawford was literally profiled by the red sox. Bruins fans on twitter were calling PK Subbans brother and PK the n work and his brother Malcom was drafted by the Bruins and on the Providence Bruins minor league team at the time!

Of course winners like Ortiz and Meriweather are treated well when they win. But if they get traded or if they lose they are hated and booed unless they get forced out like Wilfork. And I personally talked to Anson Carter on the phone (former black Bruins player) when the Joel Ward racial tweets were happening. People were clalling him a "? " despite him being a beloved bruins player. Some of those kids went to my school and played on my team with ties to the Boston area. Boston love when black atheltes stay in their lane and do their job. But if they sign to another team for more money or make a business move not approved by the fans they are hated. Plain and simple.

Boston fans don't like when white players leave for more money either, what type of ? do you think Johnny Damon was hearing in centerfield? You keep bringing up hockey I'm not arguing the ? didn't happen but I can't speak on black hockey players not signing here because there's like 2 of them, it's just funny to me how you mention "players under 30" so once you reach 30 racism all of the sudden doesn't matter?
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That ? about 1 black church was a lie too, your invested in this because your dad was profiled out here im assuming but you're making up a lot of ? that just isn't true, in reality Adam Jones was antagonizing the crowd and a couple ? racist cacs probably not even from Boston starting using racial slurs, one threw peanuts so he got mad and went to media, also said he's enjoyed playing Boston but they leave that out, but then you come and paint a picture like he's playing at a kkk rally and 30000 people are screaming and throwing things, it's just not true
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    That ? about 1 black church was a lie too, your invested in this because your dad was profiled out here im assuming but you're making up a lot of ? that just isn't true, in reality Adam Jones was antagonizing the crowd and a couple ? racist cacs probably not even from Boston starting using racial slurs, one threw peanuts so he got mad and went to media, also said he's enjoyed playing Boston but they leave that out, but then you come and paint a picture like he's playing at a kkk rally and 30000 people are screaming and throwing things, it's just not true

What i said about the churches is 100% the truth. Ebenezer Baptist Church on W Springfield Street is the only black church left in the Heart of the city of Boston. The rest of them have moved out of the city limits to other communities like Morning Star Bapist.

Young black players (which is why i say under 30) don't even consider playing in boston due to the attitude and racism which again if you read the damn link you would see facts. Older players like Shaq KG, and i think even Jermaine O'Neal who just wanna play in front of a passionate fanbase overlook the racial situations in Boston and play a few years there for titles (KG and Allen) or just to have fun like Shaq.

You just are clearly disconnected from the overt racism that is different in Boston and worse in the sports venues than even the Southern sports markets for pro sports. There have been numerous occasions where at the venues and on social media the first thing boston sports fans think to say to black players is the n word. Doesn't meant other fans in other markets don't think it or even tweet about it after boston situations. However there are clear cut examples some shared and some unshared that puts Boston at the top as far as being the racist pro sports town in the country.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    You been to the touristy part of Boston and think that's the whole city that's whT your problem is, but 1 black church in the "heart of the city" fits your agenda again, what about Roxbury? Dorchester? Mattapan? East Boston? Etc... black churches all over

Until you give me examples of players not coming here because of racism I'm calling ? , while I don't think black players look at Boston as the ideal place to play look at players like Pierce, KG and now IT who rave about Boston after they have played here, black players have signed but since no superstar players who usually don't leave their respective team till later in their careers never did you want to use the "under 30" as a way to fit your agenda again

I'm just calling out "your" fallacies never said the ? never happened
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I have been all round boston in my life and my grandfather had been an intern pastor/mentor of churches for the last 20 years in the Boston and Providence markets. My aunt used to live in Roxbury (who got the cops called on her for breaking into a building when she was working overtime at a social work state job). Medford, Chelsea, Roxbury/ West Roxbury, Kenmore, Sommerville, East Boston, Quicy I have been around the city. The issue is downtown used to have more black churches but for different reasons had to move and relocate except Ebineezer.

I literally posted and entire article giving examples of players who hated boston and you refused to read it. And as soon as the Adam Jones situation broke CC Sabathia and others talked about the ? they faced in boston that didn't happen in other cities. You can't ask me to post examples then you refuse to read them. You can't call ? on my position when the legendary Bill Russel to this date hates the fans of Boston.

And yes a a black man whose fathers family moved to Boston in the late 60's it is personal. They segregated my fathers Virginia schools in the early 60s and despite disagreement the ? went down and eventually schools were integrated. When the fam moved just outside Boston people in the City of Boston were hold Bananas and were mad that the very very very small population of black people in the city were being integrated into white schools like it was Little Rock Arkansas. Stop caping for the most racist sports city in America. ? is petty.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    There's black churches all over Boston

Who didn't come here?

I give a ? about your life story, never said the city wasn't racist
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    There's black churches all over Boston

Who didn't come here?

I give a ? about your life story, never said the city wasn't racist

The question is what star black athletes in their mid to late 20s signed with the Celtics in their prime?

That is the indictment on the city and it's racism and lack of black culture. I can't think of one black susperstar in the NBA that signed with the Celtics in their prime with the C's. KG and Allen were toward the end. But every other player that has visited the city during the offseason has not signed.

As far as the racial accusations in Boston: Byron Scott in 2003 as a coach talked about how terrible Boston treated and treats black players on the road. Barry Bonds in 2004 said he would refuse to play with the Red Sox when asked if he would ever DH in the AL. In 2007 Garry Matthews Jr talked about racial comments he heard in Boston. In 2008 Torii Hunter talked about his first 5 years playing on the road in Fenway being called the N word. 2012 you had Joel Ward and the ? he went through. 2013 a woman told a tigers fan at fenway that he was prince fielders crackhead brother and spewed racial slurts and mocked Trayvon Martin. 2014 pk subban was called racial slurs and got ? thrown at him. This is excatly why black players don't even consider playing in boston who are good enough to choose what city to sign in.

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea you can't answer the question
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Yea you can't answer the question

Well lets take star players who had tours of teams and could have gone to boston from the east. We will take lakers out of it since that's the rival.

Lebron was a free agent after his first stretch with the Cavs and he didn't sign there
    Carmello when he wanted a trade from denver never went to the Celtics either
    Kevin Love who is white visited Boston and passed
    KD had his tour last year and he didn't sign with the Celtics

Those are just stars off the top that had the pull to be traded and or sign with the Celtics when they had expired contracts or had worn out their stay at a team.

But again tell me what star black NBA player in their prime that signed with the celtics in the last 15 years.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lol this is getting ridiculous, you just keep making ? up, yea Lebron didn't sign here because of racism that's exactly what happened
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    you couldn't be more full of ? that last post just proved it
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Name a player otherwise you point makes 0 sense. I gave clear cut examples of players who have singled out boston for racist fans. Then i gave you examples of players who could have signed anywhere and didn't choose boston. But again name a star nba player in their prime that signed in Boston lol ill wait.