Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    A medium rare steak is cool, but a medium steak is just right. Had a cookout the other day where I had some of my bros over. One of them ? had the audacity to tell me he wants his well done. Told him naw...not even gone waste one of my steaks doing that.

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ? . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

Medium rare has more flavor and isn't as dried out and tough as well done is.

I don't ? with rare, though, and especially don't ? with blue.

I've had blue rare before. I've had steak every way, which is why I know for me, medium rare is the sweet spot.

b1s6x26rsb7n.jpg
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    A medium rare steak is cool, but a medium steak is just right. Had a cookout the other day where I had some of my bros over. One of them ? had the audacity to tell me he wants his well done. Told him naw...not even gone waste one of my steaks doing that.

I only eat well done.I ain't eating no raw meat. I swear growing up no black folk ate raw ? . Now everyone talking bout medium is the best. Any red or pink I'm not eating shrugs

Medium rare has more flavor and isn't as dried out and tough as well done is.

I don't ? with rare, though, and especially don't ? with blue.

I've had blue rare before. I've had steak every way, which is why I know for me, medium rare is the sweet spot.

b1s6x26rsb7n.jpg

Yup, medium rare, imo, really is the goldilocks zone.

So I don't overcook it, I use a meat thermometer to make sure it's slightly under the internal temp for medium rare and then let it come to the medium rare temp during the resting period after taking it off and plating it.

The pink scares people, but you get all the flavor, avoid the toughness/dryness, and the steak is at a safe temperature for consumption.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what's the gas station down south with the yellow chicken with the red cowboy hat on, they got some fire ass patatoe wedges and fried chicken

@king hassan That's Charlie Biggs chicken. They sell them out of the Shell gas station
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would make sense. Unless you get to the gas station early, them hot and sausage dogs be over cooked.

A great steak should require you to not have to dress it with anything. Well done gang probably soak that piece of rubber with A1
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would make sense. Unless you get to the gas station early, them hot and sausage dogs be over cooked.

A great steak should require you to not have to dress it with anything. Well done gang probably soak that piece of rubber with A1

They got to bruh, It's dry as ? !
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

x2

Just had some medium lamb from Poor Calvin's last night. It's the best way to go when cooking those types of meats imo!

Mane, how was that lamb? I ain't never tried any but I picked up a few at the grocery store since they were on sale. Figured I'd slap em on the grill and try them out.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If yall ever in KC yall need to try the lamb ribs at Jack Stacks. They fire
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess the South/South FL has spoiled me cause when I go in a corner store I'm expecting to see

Wings, fries, pizza , boiled peanuts , schit sometimes even breakfast options lol

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Not a gas station but the worst thing i ever did was order a rare steak at iHop :s

It's IHOP ? , not a steak house haha

I went there and didnt want breakfast. And i already knew their chicken was garbage. So i rolled the dice on the steak.... ? up ordering it rare tho. Thats on me.

You ? up wanting a rare steak anyway

Thats how u sposed to eat steak

...just not at iHop

Ok keep that ? and you gonna have maggots and ? coming out your mouth and eyes
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a gas station but the worst thing i ever did was order a rare steak at iHop :s

It's IHOP ? , not a steak house haha

I went there and didnt want breakfast. And i already knew their chicken was garbage. So i rolled the dice on the steak.... ? up ordering it rare tho. Thats on me.

You ? up wanting a rare steak anyway

Nah, rare steak is good as ? . But medium rare is home haha

Wrong again smh I know y'all stomachs stay ? up
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Medium rare is the correct way. Well done is trash. I hope yall who are scared of medium rare steak aren't the same ones eating gas station meat

I know what I eat bruh and it's damn good. Yall either trash cooks or eat from trash places
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. Steak be juicy and tender. Step your steak cooking game up bruh.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

i went to this restaurant the other day with my homies and they ordered 2 tomahawk steaks ($125 a piece) well done.

i tried to talk em out of it but ? was convinced. smh.

bruh that ? is annoying as hell. Well done steak taste like liver.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

i went to this restaurant the other day with my homies and they ordered 2 tomahawk steaks ($125 a piece) well done.

bruh that ? is annoying as hell. Well done steak taste like liver.

Peep.

j8dt97vs4cwx.jpg

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Seafood caught my eye over the steak. I am really not a Beef or pork person. That nice steak ruined damn!

At least it still had some gristle to it.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cook in the back prolly saw that ticket and laughed. Shook his head while whispering "? " under his breath

we had a full blown discussion about the ? at the table.

i told my homies girl "i like my steaks medium rare or medium" and she was like "not you too."

atleast they got their steaks butterflied..

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I eat medium well. Cant do that rare ?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They got to bruh, It's dry as ? !

I've said it before, well done from a good restaurant is nice and juicy. You can't expect Denny's to make a decent well done steak.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all do realize that eating steak rare is a European thing, right? Euros like to be a lil "daring" when they eat meats, and as the decades roll on the definition of "rare" has become increasingly closer to raw thanks to white Europeans.

If you were to take a look at a cook book from, say, the 30's or 40's versus today you see the trend. I ran across an article not long ago discussing this change but I can't find it for ? , but basically European influence is what's got you eating your meat like that.