OBJECTIVELY is Eminem Top 10 DOA?

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Objectively Eminem is NOT Top 10 DOA
    "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that ? ? /I'm just here to make a bigger hit."
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She'll be back

I'm surprised it took this long for her to come back.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Objectively Eminem is Top 10 DOA
    Lmao "em top 5 so the racist ? don't matter cuz everyone else is racist!"

This ? is sad

The racist ? was acknowledged in the thread about the racist tapes.

Racism has nothing to do with talent at a craft.

? has nothing to do with mj or kells singing skills. Irrelevant to the convo of his skill level.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

This ? is sad

? has nothing to do with mj or kells singing skills. Irrelevant to the convo of his skill level.

...? sad
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? is sad

You're right and that's why I framed the question in the manner that I did.

1. Skills
    2. Catalog/Discography compared to Jay, Nas, Big, Pac
    3. Impact (sales, popularity, etc.)

But @za'kiss made a good point on page 6 of this thread. He brought up subject matter, which can be discussed objectively.

Eminem is skilled at wordplay and punchlines, but he raps about things that I find uninteresting. 2Pac on the other hand didn't focus on wordplay like Eminem but his content is more appealing to me. Eminem puts words together that would best be described as "multis" meaning: there is an internal rhyme structure thats more complicated than AA/BB/CC/DD.

But the problem is that when he uses these complicated rhyme patterns his subject matter suffers. It suffers to the point that he's not really saying anything. Which leads us to subject matter/content.

If I could remake this thread I'd make Content the 4th criteria.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? is sad

Lmao he rapped some racist ? but "it has nothing to do with the craft"

Pathetic
  • Go figure
    edited June 2017
    Options

This ? is sad

Lmao he rapped some racist ? but "it has nothing to do with the craft"

Pathetic

Yet threadstarter says...
    5 Grand wrote: »

This ? is sad

You're right and that's why I framed the question in the manner that I did.

1. Skills
    2. Catalog/Discography compared to Jay, Nas, Big, Pac
    3. Impact (sales, popularity, etc.)

So......
    Is Em a top 10 rapper?

Your fav artist: "Yes"

IC: no he is racist

Did yall get thru high school?
    Mfs purposely ignored the word OBJECTIVE or just dont know what it means
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's not top 10 besides the racism ? anyway. ? always wanna talk Lyrics like he well rounded .

Multis he's ill, he used to be able to flow, good at telling stories.

His Metaphors and punches are ? wack. Content is ass.

That's just on the lyrics side.

The artistry/songwriter side he's mediocre as hell all around.

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No more Eminem threads after this please.
  • dwade206
    Options

This ? is sad

It's a Black craft, the ? -boy played us, and y'all bed ? ass ? still caping. Lmao, backward time we live in.
  • Go figure
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

This ? is sad

It's a Black craft, the ? -boy played us, and y'all bed ? ass ? still caping. Lmao, backward time we live in.

U missed the premise of the thread. If OBJECTIVE wasnt in the title i wouldnt argue none of the ? ur sayin.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    "He played us" :joy: I'm dyin, this ? is legit hurt.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

B9XKxmeIIAApXQo.jpg
  • dwade206
    Options

This ? is sad

U missed the premise of the thread. If OBJECTIVE wasnt in the title i wouldnt argue none of the ? ur sayin.

Yeah, objectively I broke down that ? ass ? 's whole catalog and you conveniently overlook it. But I digress again. ? that ? . Ain't no time to be objective if we let him in and now these ? TAPES/STORIES resurface.
  • Stew
    Options

B9XKxmeIIAApXQo.jpg

w2yuyu6q4aqo.gif
  • Go figure
    Options

This ? is sad

Yeah, objectively I broke down that ? ass ? 's whole catalog and you conveniently overlook it. But I digress again. ? that ? . Ain't no time to be objective if we let him in and now these ? TAPES/STORIES resurface.

So had his catalogue been more to your liking u would consider him more highly in hip hop position regardless of the racist tapes?
  • dwade206
    Options

B9XKxmeIIAApXQo.jpg

Nah, just facts on this end. And only a cac's ? in ya throat on your end.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

This ? is sad

So had his catalogue been more to your liking u would consider him more highly in hip hop position regardless of the racist tapes?

I've tried to stay out of this thread as I'm the O/P. I wanted to hear everybody else's opinion.

But I see Eminem the same way I see Canibus or Chino XL. The only difference is that Eminem sells records to mainstream White Americans that don't ordinarily buy rap albums while Canibus and Chino XL don't appeal to that market.

After much deliberation, I've decided that Eminem is NOT Top 10 DOA.

He needs to make a soulful album that appeals to Black people to fit in the Top 10 DOA club. This is Black music, like it or not. That's objective. Hip Hop was created by Black and Latino's. If Blacks and Latino's aren't feeling your style than you're not top 10.
  • Stew
    Options

This ? is sad

I've tried to stay out of this thread as I'm the O/P. I wanted to hear everybody else's opinion.

But I see Eminem the same way I see Canibus or Chino XL. The only difference is that Eminem sells records to mainstream White Americans that don't ordinarily buy rap albums while Canibus and Chino XL don't appeal to that market.

He needs to make a soulful album that appeals to Black people to fit in the Top 10 DOA club. This is Black music, like it or not. That's objective. Hip Hop was created by Black and Latino's. If Blacks and Latino's aren't feeling your style than you're not top 10.

How u just now comin to this conclusion when you've let it be known since u first started postin that u never ? with his music(which is ok btw)?
  • Go figure
    edited June 2017
    Options

This ? is sad

My issue with this is guys like kendrick and cole who make black music who appeal to black people praise Em highly and were highly influenced by him coming up.

So for that i disagree with your post.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

This ? is sad

How u just now comin to this conclusion when you've let it be known since u first started postin that u never ? with his music(which is ok btw)?

Actually what you've posted is false. If you go back and look at any threads wherever I listed my top 10 MCs, Eminem was always there. Ever since I joined the IC I've had Eminem in my top 10. Not because I listen to his music, but because I acknowledge that he's the highest selling rapper and he's talented. The problem is that I don't listen to his music.

What inspired me to make this thread was a thread I made last week, In Hindsight How Do You Feel About Benzino which led to another thread that was titled something about Eminem Switching Like A Frisco ? .

Those two threads made me reevaluate whether or not I should hold Eminem in such high regard or if I'm just giving him a pass because he sold a lot of records.

For the record, here's the other 9 MCs in my top 10 list

In no order

Melle Mel
    Rakim
    LL Cool J
    Ice Cube
    2Pac
    Biggie
    Nas
    Jay Z
    Lauryn Hill

and I had Eminem in there but you guys have convinced me that he's not worthy of that tenth spot. No matter how many records he sold.
  • Stew
    Options

This ? is sad

Actually what you've posted is false. If you go back and look at any threads wherever I listed my top 10 MCs, Eminem was always there. Ever since I joined the IC I've had Eminem in my top 10. Not because I listen to his music, but because I acknowledge that he's the highest selling rapper and he's talented. The problem is that I don't listen to his music.

What inspired me to make this thread was a thread I made last week, In Hindsight How Do You Feel About Benzino which led to another thread that was titled something about Eminem Switching Like A Frisco ? .

Those two threads made me reevaluate whether or not I should hold Eminem in such high regard or if I'm just giving him a pass because he sold a lot of records.

For the record, here's the other 9 MCs in my top 10 list

In no order

Melle Mel
    Rakim
    LL Cool J
    Ice Cube
    2Pac
    Biggie
    Nas
    Jay Z
    Lauryn Hill

and I had Eminem in there but you guys have convinced me that he's not worthy of that tenth spot. No matter how many records he sold.

"5th Letter- Who are some of your least favorite rappers?

5 Grand- As far as my least favorite rappers, I don't like to antagonize people. Its been said that if you have something negative to say about somebody then don't say it at all. Or don't talk about people behind their back. But I've never been a fan of Eminem. He's good lyrically (or he used to be) but I never dug his actual music. It's not just his beats but his production never grabbed me. Nowadays I guess I'm not a fan of Drake. I bought his Take Care album and wasn't feeling it at all. So thats two rappers who are/were really popular that I was never feeling"

y4dnn33u8jpg.gif
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...
  • Go figure
    Options
    Keep in mind that Black Praise for Eminem comes from 2 types of mindstates the the Psychologically, Socially and Culturally confused Uncle Toms and those that Want more White dollars...

Had the racist tapes never existed mfs wouldnt be uncle toms for thinking hes top 10 doa whether they listen to his ? or not.

Again, objectivity is lost in this discussion.
  • Go figure
    Options
    Let me help yall out real quick

5wh1b9y8qfxa.png