4:44 Album - *JAY-Z* (06/30/17).

Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Another reason Moonlight maybe directed at Kanye. Jay usesbthe same flow Kanye use on Highlights off TLOP

Doing that "huh" ? at the end of the bars

Never listened to life of Pablo. Is it any good?

It's dope. Really brought him back from that ? awful yeezus
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully this album this inspires the rest of the old timers who've been dropping lackluster efforts because they feel they have nothing more to prove.

50 etc

Sk immortal aint never dropping. The tv money got 50 gone.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Hopefully this album this inspires the rest of the old timers who've been dropping lackluster efforts because they feel they have nothing more to prove.

50 etc

Sk immortal aint never dropping. The tv money got 50 gone.

It was probably not going to be anything special anyways.

We need that 2002-2006 G-unit sound.

If Hov could bring it back, then so can 50, em, Snoop and all these Rappers that used to drop classics.

• KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

"How many summers you had?" "You violated bro" lmao!
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been bumping it for 2 days straight, top tier jigga for the most part, would probably put it at the high end of the spectrum.

For me personally it just lacks one or two more tracks that really stand out, Album is like a real solid 4.5

I kind of hope he doesn't drop anything else for like another 4 or 5 years, let the masses wait.

• KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    2017 starting to feel like 2015 at this rate.

2015 was one of the best years for hip hop in a looong time

Each time a big named artist drops a dope album the next big name drops one even better this year except snoop. ? wasnt that good to me.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ? all this pretty Shawn Carter ? ? HOV!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man can this ? redo this without the sniveling!? Had to watch this ? like 4 times to pick up HALF of what he said.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    A couple listens in. Album is dope. Chill beats from No ID suit this version of Jay Z well. I've seen a few complaints about the laid back flow on this album but I like it. He's lyrically sharp as ever on this and the flow is on point.

That "a million dollars worth of game for $9.99" line sums up a lot of this album. ? is dropping jewels all over this. Hov in his own way just dropped a conscious rap album. I guess he's got enough money that he can finally rhyme like Commin Sense or be lyrically Talib Kweli now. (Not that he hasn't been dropping jewels for years). "Conscious" rappers noticed.

lizflouda971.png

ad3ve0ysdy27.png

My favorite song might be Bam just because I ? with reggae and Damian Marley heavy so rapping over that type of beat does it for me every time.
    Damian Marley >>>
    Stony Hill 7/21
    damianmarley-stonyhill.jpg

2nd favorite song is Story of OJ.
    Other favorites are Smile, Moonlight (hilarious making the hook "La La Land" but the title Moonlight btw), Marcy Me and Caught Their Eyes. Whole album is solid. The title song 4:44 to Beyoncé will probably become the only skip. Good for them or whatever but I don't love that beat or his flow on that.

Cosign that this is the best "retired" Jay Z album. Not sure if I'm on board with AOTY talk. I think Joeys album will remain my favorite of the year. Tbh it's very close this year. Kendrick, Joey and Jay Z all neck in neck. All fire and none of them definitely blows the rest outta the water. Joeys is too ill though.

Nas and Jay Z are showing how hip hop can age gracefully

What's sad is it takes some of the "conscious" rappers giving praise to Jay-Z for ? to give props. Ol mr. me too ass ? .
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited July 2017
    Options

Man can this ? redo this without the sniveling!? Had to watch this ? like 4 times to pick up HALF of what he said.

Might be purposely done to shade mumble rappers lol. That's what i thought anyway.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I skimmed through 500+ posts to say I hate some of y'all

Some of y'all stay trying to mess up the vibe in good threads. Y'all don't adf anything of substance to the convo one bit

And no I'm not naming names because I don't want them lames continuing to mess up a thread. You know if you a ? ? or not
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a shot at Camron on Moonlight too
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Album is pretty good. Much better than the other albums he put out over the past decade. I would still probably put it in the lower half of his catalog.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album becomes a more and more undeniable classic the more I listen to it.... Favorite track changes everyday today it's smile that'll probably go down as one of my favorite Jay tracks
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    This album becomes a more and more undeniable classic the more I listen to it.... Favorite track changes everyday today it's smile that'll probably go down as one of my favorite Jay tracks

Track is 5*
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this album. But I've seen some people on social media defending the album against the "Where's the club bangers? I need some slappers! I don't get it." people.

I'm not surprised a lot of people were putting down TPAB (a classic masterpiece) and Untitled for the same reason.

And let's play devil advocate - Is this album filled with boring "Soul/Jazz Beats" too? (I have no problem with laid-back production with soul). Is Jay-Z getting a pass on this for being a legend in the game and being on a level Kendrick and Cole have not reached yet?

You're pushing a narrative nobody said. Alot of people didn't put down TPAB.

I'm not pushing anything, just talking about what I read on this board and other social media outlets. TPAB is a great classic album, but a bunch of people (not everyone) was ? on it because of its style and not having a lot of radio/club friendly songs like Damn (another great album).

But overall, I'm glad a mainstream artist like Jay-Z released a project like this.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this album. But I've seen some people on social media defending the album against the "Where's the club bangers? I need some slappers! I don't get it." people.

I'm not surprised a lot of people were putting down TPAB (a classic masterpiece) and Untitled for the same reason.

And let's play devil advocate - Is this album filled with boring "Soul/Jazz Beats" too? (I have no problem with laid-back production with soul). Is Jay-Z getting a pass on this for being a legend in the game and being on a level Kendrick and Cole have not reached yet?

You're pushing a narrative nobody said. Alot of people didn't put down TPAB.

I'm not pushing anything, just talking about what I read on this board and other social media outlets. TPAB is a great classic album, but a bunch of people (not everyone) was ? on it because of its style and not having a lot of radio/club friendly songs like Damn (another great album).

But overall, I'm glad a mainstream artist like Jay-Z released a project like this.

This is extremely accurate. Lmao.