Maia Campbell back on them drugs and is now toothless. SMH

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exactly but when u say choice u maske it seem like them continuing to use and not stop is a choice... do u gotta be clear.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Exactly but when u say choice u maske it seem like them continuing to use and not stop is a choice... do u gotta be clear.

I'll use a quote from Nas from on "Life We Chose"

"Life's about decisions, you choose it, you gotta live.
    You did it, heaven or hell or prison."
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She fighting two bouts (one of mental illness tha otha chemical dependency ) hopefully she has someone in her inna circle to help her get into some kind of rehabilitation

y'all need to stop using this "mental illness" cop out for drug addicts.

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/opus/issues/2013/fall/collins
    ? Abuse and Schizophrenia in Low-Income Communities

According to the DSM-V (2013), schizophrenia is a psychological disorder that consists of “one or more of the following, each present for a significant period of time during a 1-month period: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior, or negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition” (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). It is a condition that can deeply affect one’s self-care, personal relationships, and awareness of reality (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Researchers currently believe that schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; however, there has been some difficulty in explaining the heterogeneity of the disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). One reason for this is that schizophrenia tends to arise as a result of a gene-environment interaction, meaning that genetic predisposition in a schizophrenic patient exists, yet often only comes to the surface as a result of environmental experiences (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Because of the gene-environment interaction that must typically occur for an individual to become schizophrenic, the symptoms for which a patient is predisposed lay dormant in the patient’s system for many years before becoming active symptoms (Power et al., 2012). When psychotic symptoms surface early in one’s lifetime, they can become more intense and difficult to treat due to the lack of maturation of the brain, as the human brain does not fully develop until age 25 and schizophrenia tends to develop between ages 15 and 25 (Power et al., 2012). Studies have shown that two major instances that lead to early onset schizophrenia are stressful and traumatic life events and substance abuse (Paparelli et al., 2011; Picken & Tarrier, 2011).

Ninety-eight percent of individuals with schizophrenia report some degree of previous exposure to trauma, such as violence, abuse, and neglect, and 47-65% of individuals with schizophrenia report prior substance abuse (Picken & Tarrier, 2011; Zhornitsky et al., 2012). Incidentally, both trauma and drug abuse are two very prevalent issues in low-income populations (Bassuk, Buckner, Perloff, & Bassuk, 1998; Davis, Ressler, Schwartz, Stephens, & Bradley, 2008). Since low-income environments are often stressful and trauma-ridden, and since people in these communities rarely seek psychological help, some turn to substance abuse as a way to self-medicate, which can lead to the onset of schizophrenic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). The use of ? in particular has strong links to the onset of schizophrenia, especially when schizophrenic individuals report using the substance within twelve months prior to the onset of psychotic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). Researchers are still struggling to establish a definitive explanation for ? ’s ability to induce schizophrenic symptoms in individuals. However, recent studies have shown that ? may cause a dysfunction in the prefrontal cortex of the brain, which is a neurological characteristic of schizophrenia (Chambers, Sentir, Conroy, Truitt, & Shekhar, 2012; Tseng, Chambers, & Lipska, 2009).

in other words, while a person may have a predisposition to schizophrenia that may or may not surface, doing coke is a surefire way to trigger it.

She may have had a predisposition to it, she did coke and that brought about it's onset.

tenor.gif

It's not a copout. She was actually sick and in need of help prior to the drugs. She's on the bipolar scitzo spectrum. Her mother documented this before she died and she even did a phone interview in the early 2000s and claimed it was an impersonator right before the magazine hit stands. She been a nutso and any kind of self medicating exacerbates it.
  • goldenja
    Options
    I respect your opinion though nonetheless
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A person has the choice to continue using a drug after the first time. I know plenty of people that have tried every manner of drug you can think of once and only once. I know several people that tried heroin once, dug it, and left it alone after that first hit. I already spoke on my old manager that tried ? and never hit it again despite it being the best high of his life. Me and my ex had a roommate that told us one night that she tried sniffing coke, said the high was great but she ain't doin it again. I know people that have experimented and left ? alone after that one experience, I know it can be done so to say that people can't chose to stop once they get started is some b.s.

It is a choice. That second hit is your decision, your third hit is your decision, so on and so forth.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I believe teaching to addicts that their addiction is a disease (regardless of reason) only further imprisons them to it. I think it's flawed concept. It is s choice every single time you use. The fact that you suffer various consequences and symptoms from trying to stop long term use is a natural mechanism of the brain and body, and is exactly what is supposed to happen *edit* (not to mention these effects are only temporary and will eventually go away on their own once the mind is re-programmed)
    ..Your body may experience similar changes from environmental changes of living in another country for the first time without access to the same diet it doesn't mean disease.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Instead of teaching addicts they have a disease I think teaching them they a slave and selling their life would be more successful and truthful
  • goldenja
    Options
    You know why I think commercials use the "addiction is a disease" to get people into rehab? MONEY.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mental illness and drug abuse is a chicken/egg argument for most people. They self-medicate following the onset but use of drugs could also trigger genetic predisposition.
  • aneed123
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Mental illness and drug abuse is a chicken/egg argument for most people. They self-medicate following the onset but use of drugs could also trigger genetic predisposition.

Exactly weed ca 2nd trigger the dormant schizophrenic gene if ur family has history of it.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly weed ca 2nd trigger the dormant schizophrenic gene if ur family has history of it.

It did with my brother.
  • aneed123
    Options

It did with my brother.

Yup alcohol is a depressant so it can amp depression... weed makes u l paranoid and it ain't like the
    Mid and Reggie folk smoked I. Our folks day... they used to blame ? sheen angel dust that made u like Smokey I. Friday but nowadays it be gas cookies moonrocks salvia wax that got em crazy
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She fighting two bouts (one of mental illness tha otha chemical dependency ) hopefully she has someone in her inna circle to help her get into some kind of rehabilitation

y'all need to stop using this "mental illness" cop out for drug addicts.

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/opus/issues/2013/fall/collins
    ? Abuse and Schizophrenia in Low-Income Communities

According to the DSM-V (2013), schizophrenia is a psychological disorder that consists of “one or more of the following, each present for a significant period of time during a 1-month period: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior, or negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition” (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). It is a condition that can deeply affect one’s self-care, personal relationships, and awareness of reality (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Researchers currently believe that schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; however, there has been some difficulty in explaining the heterogeneity of the disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). One reason for this is that schizophrenia tends to arise as a result of a gene-environment interaction, meaning that genetic predisposition in a schizophrenic patient exists, yet often only comes to the surface as a result of environmental experiences (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Because of the gene-environment interaction that must typically occur for an individual to become schizophrenic, the symptoms for which a patient is predisposed lay dormant in the patient’s system for many years before becoming active symptoms (Power et al., 2012). When psychotic symptoms surface early in one’s lifetime, they can become more intense and difficult to treat due to the lack of maturation of the brain, as the human brain does not fully develop until age 25 and schizophrenia tends to develop between ages 15 and 25 (Power et al., 2012). Studies have shown that two major instances that lead to early onset schizophrenia are stressful and traumatic life events and substance abuse (Paparelli et al., 2011; Picken & Tarrier, 2011).

Ninety-eight percent of individuals with schizophrenia report some degree of previous exposure to trauma, such as violence, abuse, and neglect, and 47-65% of individuals with schizophrenia report prior substance abuse (Picken & Tarrier, 2011; Zhornitsky et al., 2012). Incidentally, both trauma and drug abuse are two very prevalent issues in low-income populations (Bassuk, Buckner, Perloff, & Bassuk, 1998; Davis, Ressler, Schwartz, Stephens, & Bradley, 2008). Since low-income environments are often stressful and trauma-ridden, and since people in these communities rarely seek psychological help, some turn to substance abuse as a way to self-medicate, which can lead to the onset of schizophrenic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). The use of ? in particular has strong links to the onset of schizophrenia, especially when schizophrenic individuals report using the substance within twelve months prior to the onset of psychotic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). Researchers are still struggling to establish a definitive explanation for ? ’s ability to induce schizophrenic symptoms in individuals. However, recent studies have shown that ? may cause a dysfunction in the prefrontal cortex of the brain, which is a neurological characteristic of schizophrenia (Chambers, Sentir, Conroy, Truitt, & Shekhar, 2012; Tseng, Chambers, & Lipska, 2009).

in other words, while a person may have a predisposition to schizophrenia that may or may not surface, doing coke is a surefire way to trigger it.

She may have had a predisposition to it, she did coke and that brought about it's onset.

tenor.gif

It's not a copout. She was actually sick and in need of help prior to the drugs. She's on the bipolar scitzo spectrum. Her mother documented this before she died and she even did a phone interview in the early 2000s and claimed it was an impersonator right before the magazine hit stands. She been a nutso and any kind of self medicating exacerbates it.

She was likely dabbling once she got to hollywood and that brought the ? out. Remember, Maia wasn't a kid when she was on In the House even though she played one nor was she ever a child actress (Tiffany was 16 on the show, Maia was 21 when the show first aired and 26 when it ended). She had already been on a tv show and had a part in a movie before In the House so the likelihood of her having been exposed to coke at some industry party was pretty high given the era (early to mid 90's). What's worse is that she didn't limit herself to coke or ? , eventually she moved to ? which destroys the brain even worse than coke/? does and only exacerbates the issues created by coke.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultimate cautionary tale.

She was perfect looking in her prime (In The House). Perfect. Like if you had that Weird Science woman making computer you'd feed it a pic of her from those days.
  • BusterBreeze
    BusterBreeze Members Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't she got a daughter at least get better for her if no one else
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was on that fix your life show I think last year, she looked clean and was trying to get DMX off that ? ! Now she out here toothless and ? up sad ? !
  • b'mer...
    b'mer... Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant accept that any of those vids or pics are het smh her and ol girl fron the parent hood show were beautiful to me...
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean she got some weight on her and can put a few sentences 2gthr so she ain't too far from being saved. Gotta want it tho as previously stated. Them ? still Dope tho!
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    Addiction is not a disease. It's a choice.

Stop bruh. Please stop. We do know she was successfull and pretty. We do nor know what really caused her addiction.

I rather take it as HUMBLE PIE : NO MATTER HOW RICH, SEXY, SUCCESSFULL, LIFE CAN STILL PUT YOU DOWN.

So thank ? for that healthy and stressless day. May i stay sane and healthy for a long time.
    Nobody is immune to accident and mental illness. It takes a lill trigger, a lil push, an event...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i can't believe she Strung out on Redan Rd...I know of dude from around the Eastside. Way too Close to Home...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the responses here are crazy.....especially coming from black people.

but yall ? hood right?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...Maia got treatment and was clean in 2013...Unfortunately she relapsed...So shes been through treatment before...Its obvious at this point she just dont want it...She countin' them rocks beyootch!!...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Instead of teaching addicts they have a disease I think teaching them they a slave and selling their life would be more successful and truthful

how about teaching them to love themselves
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant feel sorry for this broad, I came up in the 80's90's when the cluck zombies roamed the street. So this ? being my age knew what she was getting into she's a ? Sting for life there is no coming down.Even if she stops and sobers up when she thinks of all the clucker ? she did while high its right back to the rock. 2 for 30
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

It did with my brother.

Yup alcohol is a depressant so it can amp depression... weed makes u l paranoid and it ain't like the
    Mid and Reggie folk smoked I. Our folks day... they used to blame ? sheen angel dust that made u like Smokey I. Friday but nowadays it be gas cookies moonrocks salvia wax that got em crazy

im out the loop but wtf is this?