Maia Campbell back on them drugs and is now toothless. SMH

Options
black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man this hurts man. She was a popular actress back in the day on South Central the series and In The House with LL Cool J. Everybody wanted this chick. To see he like this now is crazy. SMH She is also bipolar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoE6uOPIjQo

Here's the dude that recorded her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AgFV0n3e8E

LL Cool J even tried to help her and here's her response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpu0Ko8YLM

Now she's in Dekab County being detained.

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Plays Legend of the Fall Offs*
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Whoever are her friends and family need to reach out and do the best they can to help her.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

meh...

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that grew up post '85 that ends up strung out on drugs, especially when they've been given an opportunity that many will never have. She knew full well what the possible outcome was before she took that first hit.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Body looking like ohhellfucknah
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    She was blessed with beauty, a career and a wealthy knowledge of drugs and she still ended up here...

Those commercials were kids giving up body parts and thier looks for drugs applies here perfectly
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate stuff like this I got a friend I grew up with who got caught up into ? drugs. I mean we all was doing a few things as teens but this ? and a few others I was around just let it get outta hand to the point it messed they life up forever.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah shorty started the drugs after her mother passed ,reportedly couldn't cope.Sad nonetheless
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Having a hard time finding ? to give. You try anything that can put the hook in you, unless you got laced, that ? is on YOU ? .
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Having a hard time finding ? to give. You try anything that can put the hook in you, unless you got laced, that ? is on YOU ? .

this
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Addiction is not a disease. It's a choice.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She fighting two bouts (one of mental illness tha otha chemical dependency ) hopefully she has someone in her inna circle to help her get into some kind of rehabilitation

y'all need to stop using this "mental illness" cop out for drug addicts.

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/appsych/opus/issues/2013/fall/collins
    ? Abuse and Schizophrenia in Low-Income Communities

According to the DSM-V (2013), schizophrenia is a psychological disorder that consists of “one or more of the following, each present for a significant period of time during a 1-month period: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior, or negative symptoms, i.e., affective flattening, alogia, or avolition” (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). It is a condition that can deeply affect one’s self-care, personal relationships, and awareness of reality (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Researchers currently believe that schizophrenia is a genetic disorder; however, there has been some difficulty in explaining the heterogeneity of the disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). One reason for this is that schizophrenia tends to arise as a result of a gene-environment interaction, meaning that genetic predisposition in a schizophrenic patient exists, yet often only comes to the surface as a result of environmental experiences (American Psychiatric Association, 2013).

Because of the gene-environment interaction that must typically occur for an individual to become schizophrenic, the symptoms for which a patient is predisposed lay dormant in the patient’s system for many years before becoming active symptoms (Power et al., 2012). When psychotic symptoms surface early in one’s lifetime, they can become more intense and difficult to treat due to the lack of maturation of the brain, as the human brain does not fully develop until age 25 and schizophrenia tends to develop between ages 15 and 25 (Power et al., 2012). Studies have shown that two major instances that lead to early onset schizophrenia are stressful and traumatic life events and substance abuse (Paparelli et al., 2011; Picken & Tarrier, 2011).

Ninety-eight percent of individuals with schizophrenia report some degree of previous exposure to trauma, such as violence, abuse, and neglect, and 47-65% of individuals with schizophrenia report prior substance abuse (Picken & Tarrier, 2011; Zhornitsky et al., 2012). Incidentally, both trauma and drug abuse are two very prevalent issues in low-income populations (Bassuk, Buckner, Perloff, & Bassuk, 1998; Davis, Ressler, Schwartz, Stephens, & Bradley, 2008). Since low-income environments are often stressful and trauma-ridden, and since people in these communities rarely seek psychological help, some turn to substance abuse as a way to self-medicate, which can lead to the onset of schizophrenic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). The use of ? in particular has strong links to the onset of schizophrenia, especially when schizophrenic individuals report using the substance within twelve months prior to the onset of psychotic symptoms (Power et al., 2012). Researchers are still struggling to establish a definitive explanation for ? ’s ability to induce schizophrenic symptoms in individuals. However, recent studies have shown that ? may cause a dysfunction in the prefrontal cortex of the brain, which is a neurological characteristic of schizophrenia (Chambers, Sentir, Conroy, Truitt, & Shekhar, 2012; Tseng, Chambers, & Lipska, 2009).

in other words, while a person may have a predisposition to schizophrenia that may or may not surface, doing coke is a surefire way to trigger it.

She may have had a predisposition to it, she did coke and that brought about it's onset.

tenor.gif
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    I believe she had a ? in one of those old videos of her. Hope she find salvation
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody close to her in enabling her. I see that ? clear as day.
  • goldenja
    Options
    @aneed123 why do you feel that addiction is a disease and not a choice?
  • goldenja
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    goldenja wrote: »

Bruh I'm a mental health therapist... anyway ur body becomes dependent... withdrawals.... getting sick without drugs doesn't scream oh it's only choice. Ur initial use is,a choice tgexafter affects once u get addicted it changes. Also everything is absolute... there are different instances where it could be a choice or it could be disease... It's not the same everytime.

And my mother is a substance abuse consular. She sees many of the same people come there in and out. They get the treatments they need. And they're right back at her job. Its gotten to the point where she's getting tired of working in this field because of it.

Yes, the initial use is a choice. But when you get so deep into the substance for a long period amount of time. Chances are you're gonna have long-term damaging effects from it AKA "disease." So, I feel that it's a choice in the long run.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh I'm a mental health therapist... anyway ur body becomes dependent... withdrawals.... getting sick without drugs doesn't scream oh it's only choice. Ur initial use is,a choice tgexafter affects once u get addicted it changes. Also everything is absolute... there are different instances where it could be a choice or it could be disease... It's not the same everytime.

And my mother is a substance abuse consular. She sees many of the same people come there in and out. They get the treatments they need. And they're right back at her job. Its gotten to the point where she's getting tired of working in this field because of it.

Yes, the initial use is a choice. But when you get so deep into the substance for a long period amount of time. Chances are you're gonna have long-term damaging effects from it AKA "disease." So, I feel that it's a choice in the long run.

I feel u but once ur body becomes dependent and chemical reactions and changes happen it's no longer just a choice imo.
  • goldenja
    Options

I feel u but once ur body becomes dependent and chemical reactions and changes happen it's no longer just a choice imo.

And the person got that way because of a choice. Not an addiction.