New AllHipHop.com

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new ? and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New ? - add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that ? into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

At the bold: naw, b, it'd be perfect if we had a SMH reaction or even give us WTF back. That button is sorely needed at times on here
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An app with instant video posting capability and rewards system will be some game changing forum ? and would take this to a higher level.

I also believe to attract the younger crowd of posters it would be wise to Interview rising YouTube stars on the allhiphop site and do a set up Reddit QandA style for fans to interact with questioning. That way on social media outlets like Instagram and Twitter it can be advertised to sign up to AHH/IC for the opportunity to engage, as well as generating clicks to the site.

That way you can grow a newer crowd, keep folks engaged with future interview/QandA interactions, and ultimately give the AHH a relevant experience with the current generation and past (OG in the game interviews /QandA can be done as well)

This can be a platform for sports, music, fashion, etc. That way you are hitting on all aspects of urban/pop culture.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's an idea. Take what made the IC great from both eras, add some new ? and put them into 1.

OG era- Special avi's available for those that deserve it(ie...posters with a certain amount of post, been signed up the longest, win an award for the year<---all gives incentive to be active) like gif avi's, bigger joints, if it could be done in 2003 it def can be done today.

- You can see who's in threads per vbulletin, at the bottom of the screen you could see the posters lurkin the thread. Sounds minor but it made for good Internet posting

2010+ era- Reactions, some ppl think it made it worse, more ppl thought diff. The way they are now is perfect.

- being able to post pics/gifs straight from your phone/comp without have to worry about being hacked. Flawless victory

New ? - add being able to post a FB link, Tumbler, periscope, whatever the hell is out there the same way you can post a twitter link. Link=post

- give someone the ability to take a thread that's extremely popular and add it to the front page/twitter. We know that's what u want to get more traffic. It doesn't have to be the whole damn site. We like being behind the scene, this is the IC, how we earned our "reputation". You can do both

- Video. This might be far fetched but Should be a way where we could take a vid from our phones and be able to post it immediately ie...snapchat/IG. If I'm not mistaken that's the "waaaave"

- An app has to be made

- Giving out a prize or 2 won't hurt anybody's pockets, your sponsors pay this $150 easy, trust me I know how this works. Tickets to a concert for best thread of the month? Poster of the year? I know this for a fact to generate more traffic.

With that said, all this has to be in a "forum", I don't think anything else will work, that's why the majority of us are here. If you could make that ? into an App..... abfe0izclkou.gif

What yall think?

Give this man a job, fck the Maven...
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    This the only board I've ever posted on and the IC actually means something to me but that new ? looks wack as hell. Like others said it looks like a cheap twitter/reddit knock off

Nah cant see myself get jiggy with that ? . Dont really feel like signing up nowhere else neither so I guess my e-career bout to end. Shoutout to everybody in the Reason and in the NBA thread, its been fun

Its been a pleasure breda @Nah Son

tenor.gif
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That new site and forum will have a hell of an adjustment period. ? is an eyesore.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Yeah Forums been around since the Romans, let's cherish and improve it like @Stew and @Mastery and others have said.

An app sounds great btw.

Stew's suggestions sound fine, like @Alpha_Ambition said other hip hip boards seem to be doing fine...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

At the bold: naw, b, it'd be perfect if we had a SMH reaction or even give us WTF back. That button is sorely needed at times on here

The way it works is u giveth, u taketh away. We can't have all of them for whatever reason. Those reactions in general ain't that serious. Stay focused B, we on a whole diff level right now lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

The way it works is u giveth, u taketh away. We can't have all of them for whatever reason. Those reactions in general ain't that serious. Stay focused B, we on a whole diff level right now lol

Lol ? worked hard for their reactions fam

Lol no doubt, I meant for the SMH and WTF joints in particular
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Randomly saw this on twitter

drvbt3c1z2d2.png

:joy:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah LOOOOOOOOOOL
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember before we got them, but IMO it's not the IC without the reactions we currently have.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be dope on the new site if posters could go live. I mean, if we're gonna bite the social media format, why not bite the poppingest aspect of it???

Some posters would be hilarious, others would be completely horrifying but I think it would be dope overall
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

Yall were doing a contest on best ideas? Look like you just won that ? lol.

Promote this man!
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- An app has to be made

What yall think?

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah @Stew the bigger/gif avi's were the ? when we had them in '03.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ILLBOT wrote: »
    You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, @TheGOAT.
    Warned @TheGOAT (0 points for 1 week) for "Kicked from thread: being a cot damn ? "

When we move on to the new site you will have the honor to be the first poster/mod to get interviewed.

MONSIEUR ILLBOT WELCOME TO THE FUTURE LEMZOLA EXPERIENCE !!!
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If it ain't broke dont fix it"

I wish that was a federal law instead of just a slogan
This discussion has been closed.