Creativity - 3
    Collaboration - 3
    Impact - 5
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    We voting you out your own thread.

Let @sion or someone make these threads from now. Take everyones total scores and get an average, and lets sticky the final results of everyone.

I mean if ya'll want to have the thread. Take it. It doesn't really make that much of a difference to me. Ya'll telling @Sion to take over and he's the one that ignoring the rules of the categories, ignoring the scoring conditions, and throwing a hissy fit because I AND OTHERS didn't agree with his story assessment. Ya'll ? can't follow rules and don't want to be subjective, but you want to fault me because I'm trying to be a moderator.

Pooling scores in the way ya'll suggest is stupid because people will just come in here and post a bunch of scores based on no logic and pure fanboyism. That's happened in every topic so far. You're not going to get real scores. You're going to have a glorified popularity contest, and if that's all you want, have at it. @GetoBoy keeps on telling me that the way I'm doing this is wrong, but guess what, this is how review panels everywhere work. You have a moderator who keeps people on track, keeps a log of everyone's commentary, and makes decisions when the group doesn't come to a consensus. That's all I've done. My opinion hasn't held anymore weight than anyone else's. Again, if it did, none of the scores would have changed past my initial baseline, but that's not what happened. No review panel lets everyone control scores like he suggests and very few just average out everyone's scores because averages don't tell much for something like this.

Anyway, if people like the idea, but don't like how I'm doing it. Ya'll can have it. Pick someone else to run it and have at it. I was going to do Nas, Eminem, Andre 3K, Ice Cube, Ghostface, and then open it up to ideas. Ya'll can go with that or choose your own. It's all good.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Nah they're right man, when I do it I'm gonna let the people decide. That way it's more well rounded and you get a collective opinion from everyone. It doesn't matter if we have diehard fans vote for say a Jay-Z or a NaS because you'll have people who hate them but will still vote too. So in the end it evens out.

It won't even out. It will be biased towards whichever side responds more. If we have more rabid Pac fans on here than level headed people, the scores will be skewed. There will be no logic behind scores. People will just post how they feel based on their like or dislike of the rapper. Don't get me wrong. Nothing is wrong with how you want to do it. Like I said, it's fine, but it's just a glorified popularity contest. The reason I set it up the way I did is that in the end, every score would be based on some objective logic and not just about what people like. Basically, it comes down to objectivity vs equal representation. It seems that you guys believe it's more important to have everyone equally represented even if it means that the scores won't necessarily be based on objective reasoning. My point was to have every score have an objective basis even if it meant dismissing some people who couldn't support their scores or clearly weren't being subjective. It's just a difference of opinion in how things should be done. If ya'll prefer it the other way, it's cool. I'll defer and let ya'll have it.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Nah they're right man, when I do it I'm gonna let the people decide. That way it's more well rounded and you get a collective opinion from everyone. It doesn't matter if we have diehard fans vote for say a Jay-Z or a NaS because you'll have people who hate them but will still vote too. So in the end it evens out.

It won't even out. It will be biased towards whichever side responds more. If we have more rabid Pac fans on here than level headed people, the scores will be skewed. There will be no logic behind scores. People will just post how they feel based on their like or dislike of the rapper. Don't get me wrong. Nothing is wrong with how you want to do it. Like I said, it's fine, but it's just a glorified popularity contest. The reason I set it up the way I did is that in the end, every score would be based on some objective logic and not just about what people like. Basically, it comes down to objectivity vs equal representation. It seems that you guys believe it's more important to have everyone equally represented even if it means that the scores won't necessarily be based on objective reasoning. My point was to have every score have an objective basis even if it meant dismissing some people who couldn't support their scores or clearly weren't being subjective. It's just a difference of opinion in how things should be done. If ya'll prefer it the other way, it's cool. I'll defer and let ya'll have it.

But see that's what makes this a dicatorship becuz YOU get to dictate what's objective and what's not based on how YOU feel.... If somebody wants to give Pac a 5 in a category and you feel it's not objective you'll just dismiss it tho fan or not it could be..... If you wanna do it like this you should have just said "imma make a thread series on how I FEEL rappers should be rated and want y'all opinions" but as it is now it really is you just picking and choosing and everybody just tryna convince you of ratings instead of it being a group conversation among everybody and we all coming up with the best ratings
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Again the idea is dope it's just the execution that's holding the idea back
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2017
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Again the idea is dope it's just the execution that's holding the idea back

I'ts cool. I'm not above reproach. I wanted it one way...

tumblr_m8p3hwTuaT1qdato8o6_250.gif
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac should have a 5 for subject matter and delivery
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    2pac should have a 5 for subject matter and delivery

I meant to raise his score to that for Subject Matter. Somebody made a good point about the depth of his exploration of black issues. I thought that was worth raising the score. Doesn't matter now though.
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Is it true that tupac made deep songs, but, for every deep song tupac made, he had 3 more songs calling women hoes and ? and bragging about killing ? "

Just asking for A friend.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the reasons man crush

Shut up you juggalo ...

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn t/s bout to get kicked from his own ? like Steve Jobs at Apple
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    This series has potential think it just needs a do over and a lil tweak
  • JJ_Evans
    JJ_Evans Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some ? . Pac should have a perfect score in every damn category.

This site never lets up on it's disrespect towards the muthafuckin G.O.A.T.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at yall kickin this ? outta his own thread and project
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all gonna have a do over? Y'all gonna talk about the same 5-10 ? again?

Give that lil ? his thread back
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word y'all need to stop complaining clearly its totally fine with him that theres different opinions LOL I do agree with the idea there needs to be a panel but y'all cant kick the ? out of what he started. Add 3 more people and continue with the NEXT artist.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrics - 3.5
    Delivery - 5
    Language - 3.5
    Storytelling - 3.5
    Catalog - 5
    Subject Matter - 5
    Creativity - 5
    Collaboration - 4
    Impact - 5

Total - 39.5
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3.5 for storytelling for a guy who made "I ain't mad at cha" "Dear Mama" "Me and my Girlfriend" "Papa song"

SMH
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Word y'all need to stop complaining clearly its totally fine with him that theres different opinions LOL I do agree with the idea there needs to be a panel but y'all cant kick the ? out of what he started. Add 3 more people and continue with the NEXT artist.

That's the problem he ain't wanna add nobody he wanted I tried to help him out when he first started with the idea becuz I knew this would end up happening but he ain't wanna hear me lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

That's the problem he ain't wanna add nobody he wanted I tried to help him out when he first started with the idea becuz I knew this would end up happening but he ain't wanna hear me lol

lol @ trying to help me. You take yourself and this board way too seriously.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

Tryna help you out with a good idea is taking the group to seriously??? Ummmmm yea sure whatever you say lol
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all can't be giving pac less than a 4 in
    storytelling. It's one of his only attributes that truly puts him on a different level than the average rapper.

? , I'd give him a 4.5 off of Brenda's got a baby alone
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Tryna help you out with a good idea is taking the group to seriously??? Ummmmm yea sure whatever you say lol

Bruh, I had a purpose with the series of threads. I explained that purpose. You dudes didn't agree with the methodology, largely because I wouldn't just change the ? you wanted me to. Let's be real, if Jay got all 5s, I would never have heard a peep from you about the topic being executed wrong. If Pac got all 5s, @Sion wouldn't have had a hissy fit and cyber stormed off. But whatever the reason, you guys want something different. I'm cool with that, but you're not helping me by suggesting a methodology that basically does away with any way of ensuring objectivity when my whole purpose was to create an objective ranking system.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    3.5 for storytelling for a guy who made "I ain't mad at cha" "Dear Mama" "Me and my Girlfriend" "Papa song"

SMH

Those weren't coherent stories. They were creative, which is why I gave him a 5 in creativity, but they weren't stories.

Dear Mama wasn't a story.

Brenda's Got A Baby was a story.

Nas and Biggie are better storytellers. I'd give them a 5.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Nas and Biggie are better storytellers. I'd give them a 5.

I THINK CUBE IS A BETTER STORYTELLER AS WELL