The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Scarlett Johansson is one of like 10 white women I've genuinely been attracted to in my entire life.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm pretty sure he's a war criminal. But whatever.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    It's crazy how much drama surrounded The Dark World.

patty-jenkins.jpg?q=35&w=450&h=216&fit=crop&dpr=1.5
    When Patty Jenkins directed Wonder Woman, the director had to feel vindicated. Jenkins became the highest-grossing female director of a live-action movie while answering to Warner Bros. and DC Comics but she initially worked for Marvel. Jenkins signed on to direct Thor: The Dark World, but it was not meant to be in the end. That remains a disappointment because Jenkins missed out on becoming Marvel’s first female director.

However, the departure of Jenkins was – in her words – a choice she had to make. Marvel, especially at that time, was very controlling over its directors. With a successful franchise underway, Marvel had a distinctive view on how its movies should look. However, Jenkins admitted in interviews later that she knew she couldn’t make a great film out of the script they handed her. Jenkins said if she made a bad movie for Marvel, it would set female directors back years, so she left the project.

• soul rattler
    Options
    ALAN TAYLOR VS. MARVEL

When Alan Taylor took over Thor: The Dark World from Patty Jenkins, he had solid credits in his background, including work on Game of Thrones. The fact that Thor’s first movie took place in the Shakespearian world of Kenneth Branagh and dealt with Norse Gods made Taylor seem like a perfect fit. However, the final result was one of Marvel’s most disappointing movies based on critical reception, and Taylor left the project with a bad taste in his mouth.

Taylor, who directed Terminator: Genisys after Thor: The Dark World, said he loved the experience in the Terminator franchise more than his work with Marvel. The director said he had freedom when shooting the Thor movie but Marvel changed everything in post-production. Taylor admitted that he never wanted to make another MCU film again.

• soul rattler
    Options
    NATALIE PORTMAN VS. MARVEL
    jane-foster.png?q=35&w=450&h=225&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman took on the role of Jane Foster in the Thor franchise. However, after Thor: The Dark World, Portman’s character has been missing-in-action. This may not be a problem for many fans who considered Jane Foster a weak point in the Thor movies, but it was the result of a behind-the-scenes feud between Portman and the MCU.

Portman was a significant proponent of Marvel hiring Patty Jenkins to direct Thor: The Dark World. After Marvel shot down Jenkins’ idea for a Romeo and Juliet styled movie surrounding the relationship between Thor and Jane Foster, she left the project after reading the new script. Portman expressed her displeasure and reports indicated that Portman was “furious” when Marvel pushed Jenkins out. That film was the last time Marvel fans saw Jane Foster in an MCU movie.

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman took on the role of Jane Foster in the Thor franchise. However, after Thor: The Dark World, Portman’s character has been missing-in-action. This may not be a problem for many fans who considered Jane Foster a weak point in the Thor movies, but it was the result of a behind-the-scenes feud between Portman and the MCU.

Portman was a significant proponent of Marvel hiring Patty Jenkins to direct Thor: The Dark World. After Marvel shot down Jenkins’ idea for a Romeo and Juliet styled movie surrounding the relationship between Thor and Jane Foster, she left the project after reading the new script. Portman expressed her displeasure and reports indicated that Portman was “furious” when Marvel pushed Jenkins out. That film was the last time Marvel fans saw Jane Foster in an MCU movie.

? man...even though the dark world was some doggshit, Marvel made the right call there lol
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

? man...even though the dark world was some doggshit, Marvel made the right call there lol

There was no chemisty between Chris Hemsworth and Portman , Lady Sif or Valkyrie had better chemistry with Thor. We got Thor Ragnorak out of this mess anyway so we all won.

in other news Thor Ragnorak passed $300 mill domestic and stand at $820 mill global.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If that's what she came up with, I 'm glad she left the project.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wasnt Ava Duvernay rumored to be initially doing Black Panther?

i hope people dont make this more than it is
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

She most likely got brought up because of all the praise she was getting from Selma.

I believe she shot em down as soon as they came up.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

She most likely got brought up because of all the praise she was getting from Selma.

I believe she shot em down as soon as they came up.

I think she talked to them and seriously considered it, but she said her vision didn't coincide with theirs. I don't think it was anything beef in her case, just creative differences.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This was when Ike Perlmutter was head of all the movies. Now Kevin Fiege is reslly I’m charge . He gave us civil war, guardians 2, spidey, strange, Thor 3. Now all those directors either want to return or are returning. Compared to when marvel studios had that dumb committee and gave us the average movies
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sites are saying the movie rights to fantastic four are owned by constantine films and f4 may not be a part of the disney/fox deal. Thatd be wack as ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Sites are saying the movie rights to fantastic four are owned by constantine films and f4 may not be a part of the disney/fox deal. Thatd be wack as ? .

Yea. I just posted that in the fox thread
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Storm in a Black Panther sequel>>

MMM!
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really dislike hearing Michael B Jordan say his lines lol. Sounds so forced. I hope we get to see him get his ass kicked thoroughly.
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really dislike hearing Michael B Jordan say his lines lol. Sounds so forced. I hope we get to see him get his ass kicked thoroughly.

j27pmix1cwo4.gif

lol dude bout to start randomly boxing and talking in slurred speech out of nowhere and then burst into flames just cuz haha

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »

j27pmix1cwo4.gif

lol dude bout to start randomly boxing and talking in slurred speech out of nowhere and then burst into flames just cuz haha

And then ? his pants and get shot.