The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    o
    I'm gonna need this to be a top 3 Marvel Studios movie.

I'm gonna need it to be the best one of all.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Fox Marvelverse is now officially part of the MCU.

It is finally happening! Weeks after news broke out that Walt Disney Co. was in talks with Fox to acquire their entertainment segment, 20th Century Fox, it has been confirmed that the two studios have closed the deal and could likely make the acquisition announcement sometime next week.

According to a CNBC report, Disney and Fox have finalised Disney's purchase of numerous Fox assets, including 20th Century Fox movie studio. Which means Disney will officially own most of Marvel's cinematic characters namely the Avengers, X-Men and Deadpool, to name a few.

Also Read: Logan's Hugh Jackman could be back as Wolverine! But only if the Avengers agree!

It was earlier reported that Disney was not the only studio Fox was in talks with regarding the acquisition. Bloomberg had recently reported that Fox was also in talks with Comcast, CNBC's parent company, but the studio was inclined to Disney.

"21st Century Fox Inc., the global film and TV company controlled by the Murdoch family, would prefer to sell some assets to Walt Disney Co. because it's a better strategic fit and presents fewer regulatory hurdles, people familiar with the matter said," Bloomberg reported.

However, Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds might not be as happy as the fans. After news about the acquisition, the actor had expressed his concern over the R-rated content treatment if Deadpool comes under the Disney banner, which is inclined to PG-13.

He had tweeted in early November, "If this is true, I wonder how the fudge it would affect Deadpool?" We'll wait and see if Disney changes the hit formula adopted by the R-rated movie or let the cash roll in allowing Deadpool be as it is.

CNBC also reports that the estimated value of the deal is $60 billion. This doesn't include Fox's sports and news assets.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they aren't too meddlesome with things that already work. After all the Fox TV shows like Legion are good the way they are.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOTG2 is on Netflix.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    GOTG2 is on Netflix.

Yup watching it now
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    You can't help but realize how much of a wasted villain Ego was. This is someone who could take Galactus and Thanos. I hope he comes back somehow
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox Marvelverse is now officially part of the MCU.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOO!!!!¡!!!!
    WOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooOOOOOoOOoooooOOOoOOOOOoOOOOOoooooOOOOOoOOOOOoOOoOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOoO............,

EXCELCIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • soul rattler
    Options
    You know what I'm excited for more than anything?

Even if we never hear about it, I just hope whoever the suits at Fox are that have been playing hardball with Marvel get their heads chopped off by Kevin Feige. They've been giving him the finger for a decade now. Fire them and whoever ? up X Men Origins.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Is it safe to say that Pietro and Wanda will go back to being Magneto's biological kids in the comics again after this?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it safe to say that Pietro and Wanda will go back to being Magneto's biological kids in the comics again after this?

Even if he is revealed to be their father, how do you explain them being/not being mutants?

Also,
    quicksilver-is-killed-by-artillery-fire.jpg

I see a big reboot after the infinity saga. the infinitiy gauntlet will offset something in the time stream bringing quicksilver back from the dead, magneto will be their father mutants will exist ,problem solved.
  • Broddie
    Options

Even if he is revealed to be their father, how do you explain them being/not being mutants?

Also,
    quicksilver-is-killed-by-artillery-fire.jpg

Talking about the comics not the movies and it's simple just undo the retcon and bring back their original 30 plus year history.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    And what characters are Netflix/Hulu/ABC bound?

And what about The Gifted? Do all of the tv shows become connected retroactively or are the Fox shows DOA?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And what about The Gifted? Do all of the tv shows become connected retroactively or are the Fox shows DOA?

Agents of Shield is quite possibly in its last season.

I read an article the other day that even when Disney starts its streaming services, the Netflix shows will stay on netflix.

The hulu show will probably stay on hulu too.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options

Im sure they'll all continue independently until Thanos folds all realities onto themselves. By then Disney will have their on demand streaming service up and running.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

The way that's worded is interesting. He did say he was excited to bring the X-men into the MCU. It said he was excited to get his hands on the X-men universe. Maybe the will keep them separate.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

They changed things up it was revealed that Magneto wasn't their father. The High Revolutionary is the one behind their powers. The only child that Magneto has is Polaris

They changed the story of their origin to line up with MCU. Also High Revolutionary is the goat ? talker too

uncanny_reveal.jpg

Why are you telling me exactly what my post was refering to? Lol this was the retcon I mentioned.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I think Marvel got their hands on X-men and Fantastic Four late 2016 and its been on the hush ever since
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

Even if we never hear about it, I just hope whoever the suits at Fox are that have been playing hardball with Marvel get their heads chopped off by Kevin Feige. They've been giving him the finger for a decade now. Fire them and whoever ? up X Men Origins.

That wasn’t really fiege they were beefing with. That was Ike. Ike was the one that ? the relationship with fox and marvel, he wasn’t the one they decided to ? yo fantastic 4 and X-Men comics
  • soul rattler
    Options

That wasn’t really fiege they were beefing with. That was Ike. Ike was the one that ? the relationship with fox and marvel, he wasn’t the one they decided to ? yo fantastic 4 and X-Men comics

? that.

bd76f8edbf3b24647fd8eabc02a57131cd052e54_hq.gif