The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Who the hell likes Thor movies over cap though?

Lol nobody

I guess Im in the minority on that one but its just funny that I find myself telling people all of the time "you should watch Winter Soldier at least, the ? is dope as ? ". Im just not a big fan of "? yeah Murica" patriot type ? but I can see how an aspiring police officer such as yourself would lol

only cuz you and your peers not rocking with winter soldier doesn't mean its majority. and wow why are you such an emotional ? when someone disagrees with you .
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Who the hell likes Thor movies over cap though?

Lol nobody

I guess Im in the minority on that one but its just funny that I find myself telling people all of the time "you should watch Winter Soldier at least, the ? is dope as ? ". Im just not a big fan of "? yeah Murica" patriot type ? but I can see how an aspiring police officer such as yourself would lol

only cuz you and your peers not rocking with winter soldier doesn't mean its majority. and wow why are you such an emotional ? when someone disagrees with you .

hey ? , I thought you were in college? I dont know how the hell you managed that because your reading comprehension skills are WOAT. did you read the part where I said "I like Winter Soldier" or "I find myself telling people to watch it because its dope as ? "? Seriously, are you dyslexic or just dumb as ? ? I guess they letting just anybody into community colleges these days SMH.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This spring is going to be goat, does marvel have a movie fan club card that gives you discounts on merchandise?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Phase 3 will most def. be the best out of all phases. Get a little bit of everything. Phase 1 was great in its own right building up to The Avengers. Phase 2 as a whole was pretty much disappointing. Winter Soldier was godly. It just didn't build up to anything. Seems like Phase 3 will get it back on track.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does winter soldier die in the civil war comics? cause it would suck if this is the last movie he is in
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Does winter soldier die in the civil war comics? cause it would suck if this is the last movie he is in

That ? would suck. He's my favorite character out of all these movies.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not in Civil War but another storyline which I doubt they'll do.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah not civil war. Sebastian Stan still has several movies on his contract too. I think they are gonna have him take over as Cap pretty soon. Could be wrong though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think somebody else said this earlier, but I just watched the Battle of the Five Armies. They really dropped the ball with Thor. It really should have been some fantasy ? like that. The crazy thing is that would have fit their model much more than the way the Thor movies they actually made.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think somebody else said this earlier, but I just watched the Battle of the Five Armies. They really dropped the ball with Thor. It really should have been some fantasy ? like that. The crazy thing is that would have fit their model much more than the way the Thor movies they actually made.

They took a lot of Fantasy out of Thor with it just being science instead of another type of magic. Another issue was having majority of the movie scenes on Earth instead of the different worlds. We should've seen Surturs realm or at least glimpsed it, Helas realm in Hel, and at least another one.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the risk of being a ? nerd, I looked up how GOTG fit into Thor's 9 realms stuff.

As far as the movies go, the 9 realms are some sort of collection of parallel planets not necessarily geographically akin to one another, which is why nobody on Earth knew Asgard really existed. So the places shown in Guardians of the Galaxy are in a Galaxy separate from both Earth's galaxy and Asgard's galaxy.

Said all that to say... Those waiting to see the Surtur from the comics will probably be disappointed. And Hel isn't a realm because ? died and turned into sparkles instead of going there lol.

They should just give the rights back to Mar... Oh wait.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What makes you say that guardians takes place in a different Galaxy?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    What makes you say that guardians takes place in a different Galaxy?

The absence of Asgardians in GOTG. Thanos and Ronan would have gotten Thor and Odin's attention if they were operating in Odin's jurisdiction.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lady Sif took the aether to the collector. the collector showed up in gotg. there's overlap somewhere
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think GOTG and Thor are in different galaxies cause those Asgardians visited The Collector at the end of Thor 2.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally saw Captain America: The winder soldier

2/5

to me, it wasnt as good as the first one
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

2/5

Wtf
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I don't think GOTG and Thor are in different galaxies cause those Asgardians visited The Collector at the end of Thor 2.

Pretty sure the Bifrost can teleport them just about anywhere in the universe.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2/5

I can understand if you felt the first was better but 2/5 is iron man 3 territory
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Winter solider had great fight scenes and visuals, but the story was meh as ?
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The Winter solider had great fight scenes and visuals, but the story was meh as ?

The world's premiere intelligence agency is infested with World War 2 hyper Nazis with a plan to exterminate a third of Earth's population and control the rest through fear, leaving a small group of extraordinary individuals to defend humanity while a soldier thought to be dead for decades, lurks in the shadows ready to ? without second thought.

That's a dope ass story.