The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all think it was too similar to Captain America 1 ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Y'all think it was too similar to Captain America 1 ?

They are only similar extremely superficially (superhero movie set during a past world war) and having a non-broody or flawed protagonist. Nothing alike otherwise. Execution way different.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She is so ? fine.

I'm grown as hell but I was in the theater mesmerized like a little kid. Every time she spoke I had the heart eyes!

Thought the movie was dope. Best DCEU movie by far. My only gripe was the fight scene on the island. Some of that ? looked so corny. I can't be the only one who felt that way.

Oh and some of the humor didn't hit at least not to me. Bunch of white people were laughing and I'm just thinking that was not funny.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When Supes comes back from the grave he needs to inspire right away. He needs to resonate hope. Please no brainwashed by the forces of apokolips to fight the JL nonsense.

Superman is supposed to be the light of the DCU. Batman the darkness. Wonder Woman the middle ground between them (light and dark) and ? Grayson the full blown product of the great influence of the Trinity. These movies cannot forget that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'd love Will Smith's Deadshot as the main villain in a Batman film
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how about a revamped penguin as the villain or as a minor villain make him similar to Arkham penguin except this version isn't bald.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how about a revamped penguin as the villain or as a minor villain make him similar to Arkham penguin except this version isn't bald.

Id like to see a new penguin, hell anyone besides joker batmans got one of the best rouge gallerys if not the best, they needa leave joker alone and let some other villians get some shine
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Josh gad (who?) Been teasing about potentialy being the penguin in a natman movie. Saw it on twitter yesterday.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Waiting to see Wonder Woman now
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I liked leto joker, but i gotta admit. SS should not have been a vehicle to introduce him. He looked and acted more like Joker in the Purple Lamborghini video than in the movie.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I liked leto joker, but i gotta admit. SS should not have been a vehicle to introduce him. He looked and acted more like Joker in the Purple Lamborghini video than in the movie.

The corny romance subplot did it for me. That wasn't the joker, just some idiot in love
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Id like to see a new penguin, hell anyone besides joker batmans got one of the best rouge gallerys if not the best, they needa leave joker alone and let some other villians get some shine

well its been a 17 year gap between jack nicholsons joker and heath ledger and an 8 year gap heath ledger and jared leto's jokers. jared leto's joker needs a redemption though. like some one posted before joker and Harley will make a cameo in the justice league movie. I think all batman movies should have multiple antagonist. not team ups like the tim burton Schumacher movies. some thing like one major baddie and a sequence of batman taking down or shaking up some b or c list batman enemies to get information out of them. not in every batmovie though maybe give us one batman movie to make it look like batman really has an established universe.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Okay. Wonder Woman was ? amazing
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I could see the Captain America comparisons. The First Avenger and she was the first Justice League member. Both are also so passionate about why they do what they do. Both feel it's their duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I loved Aries reveal. I knew ole boy wasn't Aries. The fight was dope. Didn't think Steve would go out like that. That ? the real MVP of the movie. DC is back and I can't wait for Justice League.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Thor Ragnorak trailer looks awesome in IMAX 3D
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was Bateman world building in this movie also,well a batman villain
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was okay.

Not as great as many said but definitely not a bad film.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I enjoyed this film a lot and honestly it pulled off the toll that war takes on people a bit better than Cap 1 did but no slight on Firat Avenger. Patty did her thing with the directing and Gal and Chris had really good chemistry.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They need to do a mr freeze that ? will be good as ?
  • Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Very proud as a fan of Diana that she didn't just outperform 2 Marvel mainstays but her fellow trinity member/DC pillar the man of tomorrow himself. Justice!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it was good huh.. the previews didnn't make me give a single ? but ill probably check it when hd becomes available
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Now people wanna give The First Avenger it's props when they compare it to Wonder Woman.

"The First Avenger was boring imo. Too slow."

"The First Avenger is the weakest of the trilogy. It's overrated."

"I hated The First Avenger. Not as good as the other 2."

I hate yall
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Cap movie still sucked.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Fina see this later today