The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Supposedly there is a computer animated DCEU movie intro using the Justice League Cartoon Theme shown before WW
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thing we are getting a new joker...and we dont have to see leto's version again
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Where are you guys getting this new Joker ? from? Also if recast he will still be the same Joker as Leto's. Same characteristics and nuances. Unless they want to play that wild card with a shifting personality angle from the comic books but most movie goers are far too stupid to not be confused by that.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The only Joker rumor I seen is that Leto Joker and Harley make an appearance in Justice League.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Where are you guys getting this new Joker ? from? Also if recast he will still be the same Joker as Leto's. Same characteristics and nuances. Unless they want to play that wild card with a shifting personality angle from the comic books but most movie goers are far too stupid to not be confused by that.

If we got a new Joker, no one would complain
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

If we got a new Joker, no one would complain

He will still possess everything people who don't like this Joker already hate so yeah people will complain.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Leto's joker. I didnt like Ayer's or whomever's design for the joker with the tats and teeth, but as far as talking and mannerisms and what not i liked Leto's joker. I think if he gets more screen time people will appreciate him more.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Wonder Woman's ? -Killer Sword Origin Explained

NOTE: This Article is SPOILER-FREE!

Wonder Woman is power-punching its way into theaters this week (read our review), bringing with it the myth and legend of one of DC Comics' biggest icons.

In order to translate Wonder Woman from the comic book page to the big screen, the filmmakers employed many different iconic artifacts and weapons (like the golden Lasso of Truth) from the character's seventy-five years of existence. And none of those artifacts is more important to the story of the Wonder Woman movie than The ? Killer Sword.

Read on for a Spoiler-free rundown of how the ? Killer Sword factors into the Wonder Woman movie, as well as the comic book roots behind the legendary weapon.
    [img]http://media.comicbook.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-? -killer-sword-origin-999928.jpg[/img]

In the Wonder Woman movie, the origin of the ? killer sword is tied to Ancient Greek mythology. As the origin story goes, Zeus' son Ares, ? of War, sought to dethrone his father and ? the other gods, while bringing war and havoc to Zeus' beloved creation, mankind. Zeus then created The Amazons to protect mankind from Ares; but The Amazons were eventually enslaved by Ares, forced to suffer under his thrall.

Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen) and her sister General Antiope (Robin Wright) broke free of Ares' shackles and led The Amazons to freedom. Ares continued his reign of terror against the gods, finally slaying Zeus after an epic battle. With his final breaths, Zeus sewed seeds for his revenge: he created the mystical island Themyscira to hid the Amazons from Ares' wrath, and he also endowed them with a weapon, The ? Killer, to finally slay Ares once and for all.

Growing up on Themyscira, Princess Diana is told this origin story over and over again, eager for the day when The Amazons can fulfill their rightful duty. So, when a man named Steve Trevor falls out of the sky, bringing tale of a great war consuming the world, Diana knows Ares must be behind it - and so she takes the sword from its sacred vault, and sets off to use it against the ? of War.

In The Comics

[img]http://media.comicbook.com/2017/05/? -killer-sword-dc-comics-999941.jpg[/img]

In DC Comics, The ? Killer sword was given Slade Wilson/Deathstroke The Terminator as part of a contract the hitman took on. The mission was to ? a Greek Titan named Lapetus, which required The ? Killer to accomplish.

The comic book version of The ? Killer can shift its shape and weight, becoming other weapons like a bo staff or twin blades. It has crackling energy it can unleash in blasts, and is also semi-sentient, directing and/or controlling the wielder. It can also redirect any force inflicted upon it, two-fold (like a punch from Superman), and can reform itself if destroyed. As another major power, the sword can take a deity's memories and transfer them into the wielder.

Needless to say, the comic book version has some pretty fantastical attributes. How many of those attributes make it into the Wonder Woman movie? You'll have to see for yourself (no SPOILERS here!).

More Wonder Woman Newswonder-woman-gal-gadot-header-994491.jpg

SYNOPSIS: Before she was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), she was Diana, Princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, Diana meets an American pilot (Chris Pine) who tells her about the massive conflict that's raging in the outside world. Convinced that she can stop the threat, Diana leaves her home for the first time. Fighting alongside men in a war to end all wars, she finally discovers her full powers and true destiny.

Wonder Woman is directed by Patty Jenkins, from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg & Geoff Johns, story by Heinberg & Zack Snyder and Jason Fuchs, and stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, Elena Anaya, Lucy Davis, Saïd Taghmaoui, Ewen Bremner and David Thewlis.

Wonder Woman opens in theaters June 2, 2017.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/05/30/wonder-woman-movie-? -killer-sword-origin-comic-book/#3

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I liked Leto's joker. I didnt like Ayer's or whomever's design for the joker with the tats and teeth, but as far as talking and mannerisms and what not i liked Leto's joker. I think if he gets more screen time people will appreciate him more.

letos joker just need to be unhinged and none of the joker Harley romance ? . they cut a lot of his violent scenes from the suicide squad movie. yeah they can have joker and Harley together but tone down on the lovey dovey.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever is the next joker willbe helped if literally all of his scenes aren't shown in the trailers
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

letos joker just need to be unhinged and none of the joker Harley romance ? . they cut a lot of his violent scenes from the suicide squad movie. yeah they can have joker and Harley together but tone down on the lovey dovey.

That romance ? was the biggest thing I hated. They gave Joker feelings. With feelings, he's just another bad guy.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Leto is not changing wtf
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Blame it on the execs for joker and Harley being Ike that. But rumor is that we will see joker abusive nature in the batman movie or any upcoming movie before the Sirens movie
  • Broddie
    Options
    Funny thing is I have NEVER liked the idea of Joker and Harley going all the way back to BTAS and TNBA yet to me it was one of the few things that actually worked in Suicide Squad. Like for once the concept didn't annoy me to high heaven.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just want Batman and Joker interactions I need that Mr. J ? talking lol
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear that Wonder Woman got rave reviews. I'll be there tomorrow during the midday matinee.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Gonna see if I go tomorrow morning if I don't oversleep. Still can't believe we finally have a Wonder Woman movie. Been talking about this day on the IC since like 2003.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

In the extended version of SS it really showed the ? up part of their relationship. Wasnt totally lovey dovey the whole way through. Showed that Joker was using her to get what he wanted for the longest time and he was going to let her Die at ACE Chemicals, but he changed his mind last second and dove in and got her. After that point the focus was him breaking harley out of Bel Reve. Movie still had its weak spots, but like BvS, the extended edition of SS really helped you see things a bit differently even though it was only 13 mins or so of additional footage.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Man of Steel is still the best DC Film. Maybe Wonder Woman will change that.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it tonight it was pretty dope but I know some of y'all will find something wrong with it
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was dope, i cant complain. Thia here is DC best work since Nolan.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was okay prolly the best DC film so far
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool flick. 6/10
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was cool. bout a 6 or 7. The character development made it better than the others. All the villiams fight the same tho. Zods been the best villian so far
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeing it in 30 I called out of work today to see it