• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I ? died at him singing the themesong
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Damn , Justice League hasnt even grossed what Avengers did in its opening weekend.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should chill on a Batman film or even if they wanna make one it should be a one off and not a trilogy or following sequels. The last Batman stand alone movie was released in 2012 for crying out loud... not too long ago. And for a stand alone I would still like to see Affleck in the starring role...

Same ? with Spiderman. ? got tired. Three web slingers in the space of a decade ('07 - '17)... on screen
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Damn , Justice League hasnt even grossed what Avengers did in its opening weekend.

It did today actually, $212 mill and its $613 mill total so far
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    They should chill on a Batman film or even if they wanna make one it should be a one off and not a trilogy or following sequels. The last Batman stand alone movie was released in 2012 for crying out loud... not too long ago. And for a stand alone I would still like to see Affleck in the starring role...

Same ? with Spiderman. ? got tired. Three web slingers in the space of a decade ('07 - '17)... on screen

Batman should never be a one and done film.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Well, Batman makes money. A lot of it. If a Batman solo film was announced for this summer, it would rival avengers infinity war top box office draw. It's Batman. Look at the movie history. A Batman solo film may be what DC needs
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, Batman makes money. A lot of it. If a Batman solo film was announced for this summer, it would rival avengers infinity war top box office draw. It's Batman. Look at the movie history. A Batman solo film may be what DC needs

no it wouldnt. Unless maybe they got Nolan back lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no it wouldnt. Unless maybe they got Nolan back lol

I'm the minority in not being a massive fan of Nolan's trilogy; I liked the second film the best and that was mainly due to the late Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker

Like someone here said I would like someone like David Fincher to direct a Batman flick: an R-rated for starters
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Warner is restructuring their DC films after the huge amount of money Justice League made just wasn’t huge enough, but how will the shakeup effect their future slate of films? Perhaps not as much as you might have guessed, based on Warner’s panel at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday. We got to see how their current slate compares to the ones released in 2014 and July of this year, and how it also cross-references with movies rumored to be in the works.

Here are the films Warner listed at Sunday’s panel, in order mentioned:

Wonder Woman II
    Aquaman
    Flashpoint
    Justice League Dark
    Suicide Squad 2
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Green Lantern Corps
    The Batman
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh, why are they even bothering with another Suicide Squad
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh, why are they even bothering with another Suicide Squad

Because it was a hit
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol suicide Squad is one of the most successful failures ever.

I still enjoyed it though personally. I could understand a lot of complaints, but it was good enough for me. Probably could have saved the money and just waited for the extended version though.

Suicide Squad has a lot of potential for a dope story/film if WB doesnt change the screenplay right when filming starts like they did with the first one.

Hopfully if flashpoint does indeed reboot the DCEU, Joker will be redone without the tattoos and teeth.

Then instead of Croc they need to just spend the money and get King Shark in there. He talks less than Croc does anyway haha.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, I didn't know SS made money. ? might've been the worst movie I saw that year
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? wasn't a GREAT movie but it wasn't as bad as folks are making it out to be
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warner is restructuring their DC films after the huge amount of money Justice League made just wasn’t huge enough, but how will the shakeup effect their future slate of films? Perhaps not as much as you might have guessed, based on Warner’s panel at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday. We got to see how their current slate compares to the ones released in 2014 and July of this year, and how it also cross-references with movies rumored to be in the works.

Wonder Woman II
    Aquaman
    Flashpoint
    Justice League Dark
    Suicide Squad 2
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Green Lantern Corps
    The Batman

They have to kick off with wonder woman because they want to make that money they lost on justice league
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Wonder Woman II
    Aquaman
    Flashpoint
    Justice League Dark
    Suicide Squad 2
    Shazam
    Batgirl
    Green Lantern Corps
    The Batman

They have to kick off with wonder woman because they want to make that money they lost on justice league

That isnt the order of releases, that is just the order they said they had films in production
  • iron man1
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Suicide Squad was a good movie till the last 20min. Besfes that I liked the movie

First mistake was not making it R. Second was not having Joker be the main villain and should've had Deathstroke involved.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Suicide Squad was a good movie till the last 20min. Besfes that I liked the movie

First mistake was not making it R. Second was not having Joker be the main villain and should've had Deathstroke involved.

No need for Deathstroke. Works best as a lone merc. Not a team player. Joker should've been the villain though. Add Bronze Tiger to the sequel.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I think Joker shouldn't have showed up yet. He should have been teased for a future appearance. It aint been 10 years since Heath Ledger there was no need to rush him. Utilize his other gallery of villains.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ezra Miller apparently said that Flashpoint Starts production soon. I dont even recall hearing they had a confirmed director though..
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

No need for Deathstroke. Works best as a lone merc. Not a team player. Joker should've been the villain though. Add Bronze Tiger to the sequel.

If joker was the main Gilliam then it would've been assault on arkham all over again.
  • Broddie
    Options

If joker was the main Gilliam then it would've been assault on arkham all over again.

Who cares? didn't the nerds like that movie? And the Joker is a global threat not just Gotham based. Besides fanboys don't give a ? about redundancy. If they did superhero movies as a whole would strive for more. I never saw it but it would've been a more interesting angle than what they actually did.
  • iron man1
    Options

The general population has no idea what that is just it would've been fine if they followed that.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Even David Ayer says his biggest mistake was not making The Joker the villain.