Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What was up with that funny robotic gibberish sound those Death Troopers made whenever they were around?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »
    Just saw it yesterday.

It's definitely better than Force Awakens, but.....just like Force Awakens...........it's not as good as any of the other Star Wars movies.

The masses are still gonna eat it up, but Disney isn't doing this franchise justice.

I was watching the TNT marathon when I got home, and I realized that the one thing that's missing from the Disney movies is a strong Jedi presence.

The foundation of Star Wars is the Jedi and the Force.

That's why Darth Vader putting in work was the best part of the movie.

Without Vader, it doesn't even seem like a Star Wars movie.

Force Awakens would've been better if it had focused on Luke Skywalker training his nephew to be a Jedi and what led his nephew to turn to the darkside.

Problem is, they've already told a similar story before with Luke, Obi Wan, and Anakin.

Guess they weren't creative enough to put a new twist on that storyline.

Probably due to George Lucas' lack of involvement in these new movies.

All in all, they're still gonna make money off the Star Wars franchise........but, unless some things change, these new movies are never gonna be as iconic as the old ones.

And I'm not even talking about New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

These new ones aren't even on the same level as Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

Ayo George Lucas

66168256.jpg

3bcprk4pc1g5.gif

lol

Lotta people in their feelings I see.

Understandable, because most of y'all are just caught up in the hype of seeing a new Star Wars movie.

I said it was better than Force Awakens.........just not better than the rest of the movies.

? are even in here contradicting themselves by saying that there wasn't any need to feature the Jedis...........yet everybody in here says that the Darth Vader scene was the best part.

You nignogs do realize that Darth Vader is.......or was........a Jedi right?

7p12yic4244n.gif

So, it stands to reason that the whole movie would've been a lot better if it was more Jedi-focused.

They even had the perfect setup with the blind dude.

Could've made him out to be one of the last of the Jedis or something.

How dope would it have been to see dude putting in work with a lightsabre?

Maybe even have an epic fight scene with him and Vader on top of that?

Again, not saying it was a bad movie.......but the foundation of the franchise is the Jedi.

All that other ? is just filler material.

More of this:

tumblr_m4dgr8Ms2j1ro0pz8o1_500.gif

tumblr_mdto36Hdev1rlapeio1_500.gif

jedi.gif

giphy.gif

Less of this:

giphy.gif
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol the Vader scene jus took it over the top..
    it was overkill, pun intended..

movie was great without that scene..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    on another note tho..
    Anakin gave Dooku that work in episode 3..

? .. now i gotta go watch that ? .
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it yesterday.

It's definitely better than Force Awakens, but.....just like Force Awakens...........it's not as good as any of the other Star Wars movies.

The masses are still gonna eat it up, but Disney isn't doing this franchise justice.

I was watching the TNT marathon when I got home, and I realized that the one thing that's missing from the Disney movies is a strong Jedi presence.

Force Awakens would've been better if it had focused on Luke Skywalker training his nephew to be a Jedi and what led his nephew to turn to the darkside.

Problem is, they've already told a similar story before with Luke, Obi Wan, and Anakin.

All in all, they're still gonna make money off the Star Wars franchise........but, unless some things change, these new movies are never gonna be as iconic as the old ones.

And I'm not even talking about New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

These new ones aren't even on the same level as Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

Ayo George Lucas

66168256.jpg

3bcprk4pc1g5.gif

lol

Understandable, because most of y'all are just caught up in the hype of seeing a new Star Wars movie.

I said it was better than Force Awakens.........just not better than the rest of the movies.

? are even in here contradicting themselves by saying that there wasn't any need to feature the Jedis...........yet everybody in here says that the Darth Vader scene was the best part.

7p12yic4244n.gif

So, it stands to reason that the whole movie would've been a lot better if it was more Jedi-focused.

Again, not saying it was a bad movie.......but the foundation of the franchise is the Jedi.

More of this:

jedi.gif

giphy.gif

Less of this:

giphy.gif

This movie was well rounded to me. Yes it would've been nice to have some lightsaber battles but, they were trying to blow up the death star so it would've been unnecessary like vaders final scene.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on another note tho..

Anakin got strong pretty quick after dooku ? him up the first go round. What's the time frame between the two movies?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if they make a Boba joint you need the jedi to make it a good film? even though dude is a bounty hunter and has nothing to do with the force?

They doing a young Solo film too pretty sure there will be little to no jedi in that film either.

I agree the jedi are an integral part of the story but there are other stories to be told within Star Wars. If you look at the marketing there was absolutely no mention of jedi or lightsabers. It was intentional hence the title "Rogue One". This was never meant to be about them. You might be the only one who had those expectations.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    on another note tho..

Anakin got strong pretty quick after dooku ? him up the first go round. What's the time frame between the two movies?

man that ? aged in dog years. hahahaha
    aint no telling.. gotta ask one of these ? who be into the backstories and ? .. but that ? grew up pretty quick to go from rescuing ol' girl to ? her. lmmfao
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Not so sure it's quite as good as the Empire Strikes Back but I definitely put it as being just as good or better than any of the other movies.

I feel like this movie was especially made for the fanboys were as the Force Awakens catered to the more casual audience.

Vader's coming through with that ether at the end was so unnecessary to the plot of the movie but so satisfying to people who know follow these movies, as soon I heard that deep mechanical breathing I knew what time it was.

Was it unnecessary? Vader was a last resort and the empire was going to make damn sure the rebels didn't escape with those plans and it was a great set up for episode 4 to boot. Vader was prolly slashing some more troops in the begining of episode 4 before he came through that door on the tantive.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no lie though @deadeye is right theyve ? on the Jedi the entire franchise even Skywalkers child in the future stories becomes a Sith lord after turning from the Jedi way if im not mistaken
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Just saw it yesterday.

Ayo George Lucas

66168256.jpg

3bcprk4pc1g5.gif

lol

7p12yic4244n.gif

More of this:

jedi.gif

giphy.gif

Less of this:

giphy.gif

Man you're shooting g yourself in the foot on this. Yeah Vader was a Jedi but I mentioned in a previous post that mostmof the Jedi are wiped out and those few that remain are in hiding. There was no need for a Jedi vs sith conflict. The movie is strictly about rougue squadron and the rebellion and they pulled it off perfectly. They call these movies star wars but this movie along with episode 3 and the last part of episode 2 was one of those moments were it actually felt like a war. Are you being contrary for the sake of being a ? ? Stop with the troll posting.shouldnt you be harassing Kat? As for those gifs man I don't ever want to see a double bladed light saber on The big screen again. They should make it unique for Darth maul only.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    damn movie almost made me cry a few times

you knew going in that none were destined to survive and their will power to save the lives of potentially billions of people was their motivation

this ? was deep man

I am one with the force and the force is one with me

sad-1.gif

U bastard! But that scene had me almost...when blind guy walked thru to the switch
  • deadeye
    Options
    Just saw it yesterday.

Ayo George Lucas

66168256.jpg

3bcprk4pc1g5.gif

lol

7p12yic4244n.gif

More of this:

jedi.gif

giphy.gif

Less of this:

giphy.gif

Man you're shooting g yourself in the foot on this. Yeah Vader was a Jedi but I mentioned in a previous post that mostmof the Jedi are wiped out and those few that remain are in hiding. There was no need for a Jedi vs sith conflict. The movie is strictly about rougue squadron and the rebellion and they pulled it off perfectly. They call these movies star wars but this movie along with episode 3 and the last part of episode 2 was one of those moments were it actually felt like a war. Are you being contrary for the sake of being a ? ? Stop with the troll posting.shouldnt you be harassing Kat? As for those gifs man I don't ever want to see a double bladed light saber on The big screen again. They should make it unique for Darth maul only.

The Jedi were wiped out and in hiding on Episodes 4-6 too.

Yet, they were still an integral part of those movies and......once again.......the foundation on which the franchise is based.

Without the Jedi/Sith/Force/Darkside aspect, there really wouldn't be anything special about Star Wars at all.

Tell me again why almost everyone thinks that Vader's scene was the best part of the movie...........when he was barely on screen for much more than 5 minutes?

v3onvk9nsown.gif
  • deadeye
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    no lie though @deadeye is right theyve ? on the Jedi the entire franchise even Skywalkers child in the future stories becomes a Sith lord after turning from the Jedi way if im not mistaken

s708a2lsdu6o.gif
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Just saw it yesterday.

Ayo George Lucas

66168256.jpg

3bcprk4pc1g5.gif

lol

7p12yic4244n.gif

More of this:

jedi.gif

giphy.gif

Less of this:

giphy.gif

The Jedi were wiped out and in hiding on Episodes 4-6 too.

Yet, they were still an integral part of those movies and......once again.......the foundation on which the franchise is based.

Without the Jedi/Sith/Force/Darkside aspect, there really wouldn't be anything special about Star Wars at all.

Tell me again why almost everyone thinks that Vader's scene was the best part of the movie...........when he was barely on screen for much more than 5 minutes?

v3onvk9nsown.gif

So we supposed to act like the ground and space battle didn't carry the movie also.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this movie was first announced I was excited thinking it was a Rogue Squadron movie. It still manages to be probably the closest thing we'll get to one and the space battle was probably my favorite part.

I really enjoyed the film overall and probably put it just behind the OT.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Vader scene was needed. It's been a minute since we've seen him wreck some s*** up.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got home from seeing this
    iron-man-dance-o_zpscurbnrtd.gif

Rebellions are built on hope....

fC8nlHz_zpsybwyu2c4.gif

If I ordered the OG films
    Episode V
    Rogue One
    Episode 4 These tied in so well gotdamn making me want to watch New Hope right now.
    This film is definitely top 3 or 4 the lowest man WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOTDAMN I need more Star Wars movies like this with the gritty ground level style. Gareth Edwards did his thing with this movie. Loved the characters though I admit I had an issue keeping up with everyones name but I still appreciated wnat each added to the story. In the beginning I kinda hoped we'd get some Jedi presence but as it went on I was completely fine with them being left out @Deadeye bugging they're not necessary for every film. This ? was flames I need more of these
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I might see this tomorrow..its worth seeing?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with deadeye, lightsaber duels are what made star wars but that didn't take away at how good this movie was
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    u can tell Vader was still ? about Obi puttin them paws on him..

iunno..
    i dont think Obi can ? wit Vader.. i know he sacrificed himself in a New Hope..
    he was old anyway.. but THAT Vader.. that came thru that door.. nah.. i dont see Obi ? wit that.

? that would be near 20 yrs later he holding that grudge and for at the moment Vader you would need Mace Windu or a ticked off Obi or Master Yoda