Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I might see this tomorrow..its worth seeing?

Yup
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8/10...

Far from perfect but it was gritty af, felt like an actual war movie at times, the droid was great. Some good cameos/easter eggs...
    I didn't like the CGI Vader, Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin. Loved that every single hero in the squad died. No way anyone was leaving that planet at the end
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    on another note tho..
    Anakin gave Dooku that work in episode 3..

? .. now i gotta go watch that ? .

Anakin got strong pretty quick after dooku ? him up the first go round. What's the time frame between the two movies?

man that ? aged in dog years. hahahaha
    aint no telling.. gotta ask one of these ? who be into the backstories and ? .. but that ? grew up pretty quick to go from rescuing ol' girl to ? her. lmmfao

He gotten stronger fast from all the battles of the Clone wars and Anakin fought Asajj Ventress on Yavin IV who was Count Dooku Sith apprentice ,she was ordered by the Emperor to assassinate Anakin to test his strength. Episode 3 Anakin has scar on his face that he got from fight Asajj Ventress.
    de41b27d4a644ce3ddf9c857695863bc.jpg

• iron man1
    Options
    on another note tho..

Check out the Clone Wars on Netflix I'm on season 5 right now it explains how they track Dooku in the first place and the battles they have during thst time.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assaj Ventress was a beast, Dooku could have killed Palpatine with her help
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    on another note tho..

Check out the Clone Wars on Netflix I'm on season 5 right now it explains how they track Dooku in the first place and the battles they have during thst time.

i be watchin them ? ..
    they got too damn many.. i never get thru them and then start over..

im on season 2 now.. probably for the 4th time! :joy:
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly you might wanna skip that ? and go to season 4. They got some filler eps with the Clones but even they got some good episodes.

They bring back Darth Maul and that's where it's really good, they show Sidious taking over the Senate and controlling everything. Mace gets some shine and they develop Obi a lot.

Seasons 4-6 is really good wish they wouldn't have ended it.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This movie was completely unnecessary. It added nothing to the franchise and was just made for financial reasons clearly. It was solid but forgettable. I liked Force Awakenns much better since there was a point to continue the original story. One thing I was worried about when Disney bought it was milking.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was completely unnecessary. It added nothing to the franchise and was just made for financial reasons clearly. It was solid but forgettable. I liked Force Awakenns much better since there was a point to continue the original story. One thing I was worried about when Disney bought it was milking.

The bolded is all I've been saying all along.

I still think it's a better movie than Force Awakens, but Disney just seems to be using the franchise as a cash cow.

For now it makes sense business-wise, but if they're not careful it might backfire if enough people start to see through what they're doing.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader put one of those rebels on the ceiling, walked past him and sliced homie up without even turning around....cot damn
  • iron man1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    on another note tho..

i be watchin them ? ..
    they got too damn many.. i never get thru them and then start over..

im on season 2 now.. probably for the 4th time! :joy:

It picks up in season 3 just hang in there lol
  • iron man1
    Options

Stop it this tied up loose ends and showed that Star Wars needed a tonal change. This movie was flames and had arguably the best space battle in the series. Force Awakens is not better than this movie and was just A New Hope with updated effects.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Whoa. This movie was great. Powerful.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    saw is in the clone wars season 4
  • iron man1
    Options
    saw is in the clone wars season 4

Rebels as well
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    ? asking for more lightsaber duels, not realizing the lightsaber duels were the ONLY good things about the prequel movies... seriously there was nothing else good about them. Rogue One just answered the question to one that has been asked for a while, and without the lightsaber duels this movie still had better battle scenes.

Question being how the Rebellion got the plans to destroy the Death Star?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Duels can't be the end all be all because the OT barely had any duels. Just look at the fights back then that ? ain't what you want. The prequels showed the force but that's all they were good for.

Out of three movies you had like what 3 scenes worth of maybe 15 mins? Yall just complaining to complain honestly.

Vader scene was so good because they never showed him in action before but it didn't make the movie at all. Back then there were too many limitations so it was dope to finally see Vader wreck ? .
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? asking for more lightsaber duels, not realizing the lightsaber duels were the ONLY good things about the prequel movies... seriously there was nothing else good about them. Rogue One just answered the question to one that has been asked for a while, and without the lightsaber duels this movie still had better battle scenes.

Question being how the Rebellion got the plans to destroy the Death Star?

Trust me man, the Star Wars nerds have been asking that question and why it had a weakness so ? mundane in the first place. Seriously think about it, the ONLY way you would have known about that weakness is if you would have literally been told about it. It's just answering the questions and filling plot holes.

I hope they make a Boba Fett movie next, ? would be flames. Young Boba Fett was a monster, so was Jango.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Who Cares If Doesn't Propel The Narrative Forward...That ? Happens In Fiction All The Time...Its Great Movie Better Than The Force Awakens IMO

Exactly.

? act like the franchise can't branch off into other characters.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illest Star Wars movie thus far.