The Nagging Mom: What the **** is up with women and censorship?

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always think it's funny that people complain about the women in comics and video games being scantily clad as if you can't go outside on any given day and see women walking around scantily clad. Outside of professional/office type environments, tell me an arena where women frequent where there aren't chicks walking around with ? hanging out. It's not like men make them dress like that. A lot of women actually like wearing revealing ? . So that's ok, but if a dude creates a fictional character that does the same, it's a sin? Craziness.

so the overwhelming majority of women out in public outside of a professional setting you see are either dressed in barely there mini skirts; skin tight spandex from head to toe and stilettos; or barely there tops to show off their DD breast, because according to video games and comics we all have DD breast???? lol

the issue is the lack of balance....the lack of nuance

Video games are products of fiction. There is no expectation of balance or nuance. In fact, the purpose of many games is to do away with such limitations. No, the average average woman doesn't walk around looking like a warrior stripper, but the average man doesn't walk around looking like a Greek ? either. This is such a nonsensical issue. The media you're referring to is highly fantasy based. That's basically the point. lol @ Designing a video game with a main character that looks like some mundane bad bodied chick you'd run into at a Golden Corral.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This generation of dog moms are going ruin a lot of ? for a lot of people. Nobody can have fun in any medium with their permission.

I said this year's back that young single mothers are a big reason society is failing and I got flagged into oblivion.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Madame_CJSkywalker

If women are 40% comic book readers
    And 50%video game players

Then it should be no problem for an enterprising woman to start her own company. Especially with crowd funding being an end round for start up capital.

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

right now i'm playing breath of the wild and nba 2k alil

dope how nba live now has wnba teams

but yea the issue is there aren't a great variety of games with female protagonist...things are changing though

lol @ narcissistic ? ....

like others i just want video games, comic industry to not perpetuate negative, sexist stereotypes

and realize women and poc like the ? too...we want to see more of ourselves in a variety of different capacities ....and not just characters that are villains or comic relief or tokens or sexual objects

as a customer of these products think we all have a bit of a right to make request or voice our complaints ...same as ppl can argue the new iron man being a blk girl is a stupid idea

but sure i would think i was being petty or it was just me "nagging" if i was a straight man too

*shrugs*

The bold is hypocritical don't you think? Zelda has always made the titular princess a weak damsel in distress despite the game being named after her. She is the stereotypical weak female from the history of fiction that needs a brave male to save her. Then NBA2K is nothing but masculine (some feminine) men bouncing a ball. Many have pointed out several games with female characters and you are not or have not played any of them. What are you complaining about again?

lol

zelda is far from the worst offender....been a fan since ocarina of time though... had the gold joint

and i can't like playing simulated basketball because i'm actually a big basketball fan? why? there is no wnba offerings until now if you want to count nba live lol ....what about nba 2k actually perpetuates negative stereotypes ?

how do you know i hasn't played metroid prime or resident evil or that i don't own zero dawn

never said didn't

i said women and poc as protagonist are underrepresented...

un·der·rep·re·sent
    ˌəndə(r)ˌreprəˈzent/Submit
    verb
    past tense: underrepresented; past participle: underrepresented
    provide with insufficient or inadequate representation.
    "women are underrepresented at high levels"

there are actually studies that support my claims... here is just one of many

A RECENT REPORT released by the USC Annenberg School for Communication says that videogames don't represent American society any better than television does.

It also pointed out that though 10 percent of the playable characters found were female, women make up 40 percent of the gaming population

https://www.wired.com/2009/07/minorities-in-videogames/

throwing out names like lara croft proves nothing.... though i was a tomb rider fan growing up... spent a lot of time running around her mansion with the butler

Your whole argument was that there are no games catering to females and it has been destroyed repeatedly in this thread with facts. Plenty of females plat GTA as stated so once again you are wrong. Then you keep posted biased articles when I am actually connected to the gaming community. Some the biggest streamers are women. There are more males gamers than female gamers so by the demographics they are not under represented. You don't seem to understand how demographics work. Most females play games with male protagonists just like you are doing with Zelda.

never said there are no games catering to females ...at least be honest bruh or read

i said video games RARELY cater to girls and women

my argument being that video games are often mypotic, sexist ....and that poc and women have been underrepresented

underrepresented meaning the percentage of gamers who identify as a poc and or a woman is far greater than the percentage of poc and female protagonist, playable characters in video games

this has been a consistent issue nice the start...but things are getting better

how is the article biased?????

could the reason most women gamers play games with male protagonist because there isn't a great variety of games with female protagonist that they find enjoyable? lol

that said, whether or not women play gta or zelda is irrelevant to my point....doesn't make me wrong....you don't think these women wouldn't play gta is the protagonist were all female or and poc????

and "by destroy" if you mean yall have mischaracterized my argument and deflected ....sure I can agree with that

funny that this isn't even a controversial opinion in most circles

most importantly at least the babies know what's up...small sample but its a good sign for the future

A recent exploratory study conducted by Time has found that 47 percent of middle-school and 61 percent of high-school-aged boys believe that female characters in video games are too often treated as sex objects. The survey was conducted to examine issues of sexism in video games and asked over 1,400 students about their feelings surrounding how women are depicted in the medium. What's more, 70 percent of girls surveyed said that the gender of a protagonist doesn't factor into them playing a game while a surprising 78 percent of boys said the same. And 58 percent of boys who identified as gamers think there should be more female heroes in games.

http://time.com/3948744/video-games-kate-upton-game-of-war-comic-con/

but hey maybe they've been brainwashed

What does poc mean? You keep posting it. I am not up on feminist terms lol. I already proved you wrong. The fact is there are plenty of games with female characters and have been for years. Everything else you said with your woman hating theories are not founded within reality. That is a fact. You are trying turn gaming into some misogynistic industry when that is not the case. It is obviously a male dominated industry duh, but not many women pursue careers in the industry and most gamers are males so of course it will cater to males. Your whole argument is flawed period. That's another fact. As I said you are playing Zelda instead of one of the great games with a female character. Stop being hypocrite. Metroid is not a very high selling franchise and it is considered one of the greatest games of all time. Guess who plays it, men. Why are more women not playing Metroid compared to how many play Zelda? Whether females find the games enjoying or not, the games are there. Adding a female to GTA won't make it enjoyable as stated. Yet GTA has a ton of female fans, so once again what point are you making?

you didn't know what poc meant but you continued to argue with me? lol...poc= ppl of color...not a feminist term

no you did not prove me wrong...

it is my opinion that comics and video games often perpetuate misogyny and negative stereotypes. and many others have have had the same complaints. i've given examples which you have dismissed. doesn't make me wrong

it is also a fact that women and poc are underrepresented...lol

and this presumption by the mainstream comic book and video game industry or anyone that no one would want to play a female character or poc is inherently sexist and racist. same as this idea that females are not fit for these roles...and has historically been used to justify the lack of diversity and myopic portrayals of anyone non white and male

compared to the majority of other video game franchises, releases metroid is very successful. so is tomb rider. so is the resident evil franchise. and where is ur proof female gamers typically don't play these games

it is also interesting how most female protagonist are found in the horror genre...but i'll keep my thoughts to myself

that said, u don't know me bruh lol. i play other games besides zelda now and over the years....and if i have a female lead equivalent to zelda i'd play that ? too

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    I always think it's funny that people complain about the women in comics and video games being scantily clad as if you can't go outside on any given day and see women walking around scantily clad. Outside of professional/office type environments, tell me an arena where women frequent where there aren't chicks walking around with ? hanging out. It's not like men make them dress like that. A lot of women actually like wearing revealing ? . So that's ok, but if a dude creates a fictional character that does the same, it's a sin? Craziness.

so the overwhelming majority of women out in public outside of a professional setting you see are either dressed in barely there mini skirts; skin tight spandex from head to toe and stilettos; or barely there tops to show off their DD breast, because according to video games and comics we all have DD breast???? lol

Video games are products of fiction. There is no expectation of balance or nuance. In fact, the purpose of many games is to do away with such limitations. No, the average average woman doesn't walk around looking like a warrior stripper, but the average man doesn't walk around looking like a Greek ? either. This is such a nonsensical issue. The media you're referring to is highly fantasy based. That's basically the point. lol @ Designing a video game with a main character that looks like some mundane bad bodied chick you'd run into at a Golden Corral.

males characters have far more varied/nuanced portrayals and more varied body types unlike female characters

and even though these are products of fiction they have the ability to influence and reinforce negative attitudes towards body image and all the other -isms

you can laugh at it. dismiss it. cool

we'll just have to agree to disagree
  • LordZuko
    Options

males characters have far more varied/nuanced portrayals and more varied body types unlike female characters

and even though these are products of fiction they have the ability to influence and reinforce negative attitudes towards body image and all the other -isms

@Madame_CJSkywalker

Ok. Compare and contrast the types and nuances between the portrayed sexes in videogames and comics

You made the claim now back it up.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    This generation of dog moms are going ruin a lot of ? for a lot of people. Nobody can have fun in any medium with their permission.

I said this year's back that young single mothers are a big reason society is failing and I got flagged into oblivion.

Man, two different audiences.

Young single mothers are ? up, but in the context of hobbyists they aren't the problem.

The problem is: overeducated, snarky, sensitive, and lonely women who see men having fun without them. The see men enjoying something, and they get jealous.

Men have wives/gfs and still partake in reading comics and playing video games. Meanwhile, all they have is their terriers and poodles yelping and ? on the carpet.

These are dog moms. The weirdos who treat their pets like a child, usually have bizarre pink or blue hair, feminist...no doubt either lesbian or single and lonely as ? .

Happy people don't look for fault in another person's happiness. When one is miserable, they look to make others miserable too. That's what we have here.
  • LordZuko
    Options
  • LordZuko
    Options
    @jono bout to get his feminist card snatched
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    You know you got somebody on the ropes when they start bringing up irrelevant ? like time spent posting. That's ad hominem. We grown ups here.

This is where your argument dead ends. You use terms like underrepresented, equity, etc etc. Those are terms that apply to government and government.
    Comic books, video games, movies, television are all one thing, art. A creator is bound by no obligation to represent any potential audience. A creator's only responsibility is to represent the image in their mind.
    Creators, artists, developers do not have to create a world that is representative of anything including the demographic of this world.

You, as a potential customer decides, votes with your dollar whether or not the artist's work is what you're messing with. You can give your opinion and critique but you have no right to tell a creator what their work should represent. If you feel like there needs to be a creation that represents something in particular then you either make it yourself or you pay someone with talent to do it.

To give these pseudo mandates that art needs to represent any particular group sets an awful precedent. It's a slippery slope towards fascism which left wing/liberals are prone to do.

As a creator of comics and other literature i would be incensed if some ? told me that i have to put x amount of people in my work because x amount of people buy it. ? all the way off. The audacity. I create stories with majority black people and other ethnic groups. I'll be damned if someone tells me i need to make or include these people. So that means on principle i must defend a white boy creating art about majority or even all white people and his interpretation of with any group.

The "fight" to mandate equity and representation in art is a causal cycloid, a vicious cycle where some group can use the legitimate complaint they aren't represented in such and such work. It'll be ? women and poc, next week it's fat girls, asexuals, and biracial Chinese midgets. You can cut the equity pie into countless pieces until it essentially dissolves into individuality or a horrible story built on contrived identity politics.

lol @ ad hominem

you keep repeating my argument is stupid so naturally the question then becomes why spend some much time arguing with a person who you feel is so beneath you and just regurgitating talking points they googled

and its so rich the person who is quick to resort to name calling and cheap character attacks telling anyone to grow up...but i digress...

free speech is vital ...artist can do what they like

but considering we all have to co-exist with each other on this earth some of us feel artist, like everyone else, shouldn't be shielded from criticism. and should be held accountable for the part they play in perpetuating and encouraging anti-social behavior like racism and sexism. or if they have a history of purposely excluding large swaths of ppl from their work

and we as consumers, men and women, have the responsibility for demanding fair representation and more games that portray strong and nuanced female and poc characters

also the majority of comic book artists, game developers working in the industry and in major studios are straight white men and grew up as big fans of comics and video games ...you think that is a coincidence??? lol

i'd argue all the evidence suggest no. and as i've been arguing by promoting diversity it will help attract more poc and women to the fold and get them interested in technology, graphic design at an early age

things that will close the wage gap...and video games have been shown to greatly improve one's cognitive skills

that said, there is a difference between you and a white man creating a fictional new york city, for ex, where ppl of different races and or gender are absent or lacking. the writing of and promoting to prominence productions dominated by “white” characters is about power and influence. expanding these ” roles" to all is about redressing this

that said, this idea this is just not about anyone trying to ruin ur fun is ridiculous and a over simplification of what i or liked minded individuals have argued

You hide your blatant fascist attempts behind this pursuit of altruism. You're an ideologue whose ideas must be challenged.

Consumers can Give their opinion and vote with their dollars. They don't have any right to demand anything from a creator because a creator is not an elected or duly appointed official. Representation is a mandate of a republic not a privately owned company or an artist.

So what if the majority of comic book and video game creators are white Men. That's not a crime. Now if you say that x company is this demographic because they've denied the hiring of x and x demographic that's different. But you can't say that because both marvel and dc, the big two, have employed women, Latinos, and blacks at every level.

You're trying to establish this equality of outcome without even knowing if their is a failure in equality of opportunity. You haven't even established that any demographic is denied an opportunity to become an artist, game dev, graphic designer, etc, etc. You haven't even determined that.

There's nothing stopping anyone from playing video games.

Your arguments are weak. On their face it's nothing but fascist rhetoric disguised as liberal altruism, diversity, multiculturalism, what about the kids? Non existent wage gap.

Omae wa mu shinderu

lol @fascist

and there is no wage gap between whites and poc...between men and women, particularly between white men and poc????? a gap that shrinks when you factor in occupation, educational background???

while marvel and dc have employed poc and women...the majority of their writers and editors are white men. the majority of their creators and editors for their major franchises are white men

it's not just a issue of what i believe to be discriminatory hiring practices...and i never said that

it is also an issue of ppl being conditioned,via mass marketing, the lack of poc/female protagonist, to believe video games, comic are only for boys or only for men particularly only for white men....i hate we associate these things with being nerdy as well

being a blk woman, an aunt and parental figure to young children this ? interest me...but think what u want...

and as a consumer you can do as you want

like i was saying it is up to us the consumers opposed to the government to hold these industries, artist, developers accountable.... and demand (i.e. making our opinions known, withholding of our dollars) what we want to see more or less of

and tryna silence or shame ppl who are just stating their opinion by calling them fascist is a form of censorship bruh
  • LordZuko
    Options
    You know you got somebody on the ropes when they start bringing up irrelevant ? like time spent posting. That's ad hominem. We grown ups here.

To give these pseudo mandates that art needs to represent any particular group sets an awful precedent. It's a slippery slope towards fascism which left wing/liberals are prone to do.

As a creator of comics and other literature i would be incensed if some ? told me that i have to put x amount of people in my work because x amount of people buy it. ? all the way off. The audacity. I create stories with majority black people and other ethnic groups. I'll be damned if someone tells me i need to make or include these people. So that means on principle i must defend a white boy creating art about majority or even all white people and his interpretation of with any group.

The "fight" to mandate equity and representation in art is a causal cycloid, a vicious cycle where some group can use the legitimate complaint they aren't represented in such and such work. It'll be ? women and poc, next week it's fat girls, asexuals, and biracial Chinese midgets. You can cut the equity pie into countless pieces until it essentially dissolves into individuality or a horrible story built on contrived identity politics.

lol @ ad hominem

you keep repeating my argument is stupid so naturally the question then becomes why spend some much time arguing with a person who you feel is so beneath you and just regurgitating talking points they googled

and its so rich the person who is quick to resort to name calling and cheap character attacks telling anyone to grow up...but i digress...

free speech is vital ...artist can do what they like

but considering we all have to co-exist with each other on this earth some of us feel artist, like everyone else, shouldn't be shielded from criticism. and should be held accountable for the part they play in perpetuating and encouraging anti-social behavior like racism and sexism. or if they have a history of purposely excluding large swaths of ppl from their work

and we as consumers, men and women, have the responsibility for demanding fair representation and more games that portray strong and nuanced female and poc characters

also the majority of comic book artists, game developers working in the industry and in major studios are straight white men and grew up as big fans of comics and video games ...you think that is a coincidence??? lol

i'd argue all the evidence suggest no. and as i've been arguing by promoting diversity it will help attract more poc and women to the fold and get them interested in technology, graphic design at an early age

things that will close the wage gap...and video games have been shown to greatly improve one's cognitive skills

that said, there is a difference between you and a white man creating a fictional new york city, for ex, where ppl of different races and or gender are absent or lacking. the writing of and promoting to prominence productions dominated by “white” characters is about power and influence. expanding these ” roles" to all is about redressing this

that said, this idea this is just not about anyone trying to ruin ur fun is ridiculous and a over simplification of what i or liked minded individuals have argued

You hide your blatant fascist attempts behind this pursuit of altruism. You're an ideologue whose ideas must be challenged.

Consumers can Give their opinion and vote with their dollars. They don't have any right to demand anything from a creator because a creator is not an elected or duly appointed official. Representation is a mandate of a republic not a privately owned company or an artist.

So what if the majority of comic book and video game creators are white Men. That's not a crime. Now if you say that x company is this demographic because they've denied the hiring of x and x demographic that's different. But you can't say that because both marvel and dc, the big two, have employed women, Latinos, and blacks at every level.

You're trying to establish this equality of outcome without even knowing if their is a failure in equality of opportunity. You haven't even established that any demographic is denied an opportunity to become an artist, game dev, graphic designer, etc, etc. You haven't even determined that.

There's nothing stopping anyone from playing video games.

Your arguments are weak. On their face it's nothing but fascist rhetoric disguised as liberal altruism, diversity, multiculturalism, what about the kids? Non existent wage gap.

Omae wa mu shinderu

lol @fascist

and there is no wage gap between whites and poc...between men and women, particularly between white men and poc????? a gap that shrinks when you factor in occupation, educational background???

while marvel and dc have employed poc and women...the majority of their writers and editors are white men. the majority of their creators and editors for their major franchises are white men

it's not just a issue of what i believe to be discriminatory hiring practices...and i never said that

it is also an issue of ppl being conditioned,via mass marketing, the lack of poc/female protagonist, to believe video games, comic are only for boys or only for men particularly only for white men....i hate we associate these things with being nerdy as well

being a blk woman, an aunt and parental figure to young children this ? interest me...but think what u want...

and as a consumer you can do as you want

like i was saying it is up to us the consumers opposed to the government to hold these industries, artist, developers accountable.... and demand (i.e. making our opinions known, withholding of our dollars) what we want to see more or less of

and tryna silence or shame ppl who are just stating their opinion by calling them fascist is a form of censorship bruh

I'm not. @theloniousmonk

You're not going to engage in circular arguments with me.

The video game industry is hella diverse there's no all white or all male anything. There's also no denial of opportunity to be involved in that industry on any level, including starting your own female focused dev company. That's done. You have no rebuttal

The American comic book industry is a shonen focused (male centered) platform. It was made to appeal to males. There's nothing wrong with that because artists are under no obligation to represent or reflect any demographic or politic. The majority of people wanting to get into comics are white males. However there is nothing stopping a black person, ? person, trans person, or female person from starting their own indie company that focuses on a particular demographic. No denial of opportunity. Case closed.

There are many black people who flock to manga and anime. The average hood ? under 25 knows more about naruto than batman. The average nerdy black girl knows more about Korean dramas than about an episode of teen titans.

Should black people begin to demand that Japanese and Korean creators include them in their product because they are consumers, or should ? fall back and just enjoy the product for what it is?

? enjoy anime so much that they emulate the style in their art work, drawing black characters. Biggest example is boondocks.

You've failed once more to establish a denial of opportunity. You get one last chance to bring up a fresh relevant point.

I feel sorry for whatever children under the sphere of your influence. As if ? don't have enough problems.

What's up with you childless weirdos that don't have kids but you ? after influence over other children?

• LordZuko
    Options
    Trying to control and regulate and mandate creativity is the hallmark of a fascist. So how bout you stop doing that and I'll stop labeling you
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you didn't know what poc meant but you continued to argue with me? lol...poc= ppl of color...not a feminist term

no you did not prove me wrong...

it is my opinion that comics and video games often perpetuate misogyny and negative stereotypes. and many others have have had the same complaints. i've given examples which you have dismissed. doesn't make me wrong

it is also a fact that women and poc are underrepresented...lol

and this presumption by the mainstream comic book and video game industry or anyone that no one would want to play a female character or poc is inherently sexist and racist. same as this idea that females are not fit for these roles...and has historically been used to justify the lack of diversity and myopic portrayals of anyone non white and male

compared to the majority of other video game franchises, releases metroid is very successful. so is tomb rider. so is the resident evil franchise. and where is ur proof female gamers typically don't play these games

it is also interesting how most female protagonist are found in the horror genre...but i'll keep my thoughts to myself

that said, u don't know me bruh lol. i play other games besides zelda now and over the years....and if i have a female lead equivalent to zelda i'd play that ? too

And your opinion is flawed which is the problem. You were posting biased articles and weak statistics which were not gathered from a large population and using someone else's opinion as your own. As I said you lack the knowledge of both comics and video games. You picked one game out of literary thousands and judged the whole industry. Once again you have not named any games with female characters you play. Horizon just released this year, so did Gravity Rush 2 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. Dishonored 2 released last year along with Mirrors edge but you haven't played any of them. Being equivalent to Zelda is irrelevant especially when you have not played thosed games to give an opinion.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

@Madame_CJSkywalker

Ok. Compare and contrast the types and nuances between the portrayed sexes in video games and comics

men are often either lean, fit, heavy set, muscular, etc

women are either fit or curvy heavy chested

men are super heroes, anti-heroes, villains, crime bosses, adventurers, soldiers, scientist, conquers, kings, assassins, race car drivers, policemen, detectives, etc

more male characters have back stories, are playable, have more speaking parts

while there are exceptions...women, same as poc, are mostly reduced to being the love interest, object of ? , something to be saved or the side kick

i'm more into games so like i stated earlier in one of the most highest rated and best selling games ever the women are often prostitutes or strippers. players can have sex with them and physically harm them, which can be followed by a reward of money or extra health

with final fantasy 15 i was disappointed there were no female protagonist, playable characters they usually do a good job. the creator's excuse: ""Speaking honestly, an all-male party feels almost more approachable for players."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-talks-about-the-all-male/1100-6426084/

in a game like bio shock infinite there is a female character who can pick any lock, tear open portals in space and time and summon weapons from thin air but she still needs to be rescued by a man
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FF already had an all female game so shut up lol and Lightining had 3 games about her
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FF already had an all female game so shut up lol and Lightining had 3 games about her

And she not even an interesting protagonist!
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

I'm not. @theloniousmonk

You're not going to engage in circular arguments with me.

The video game industry is hella diverse there's no all white or all male anything. There's also no denial of opportunity to be involved in that industry on any level, including starting your own female focused dev company. That's done. You have no rebuttal

The American comic book industry is a shonen focused (male centered) platform. It was made to appeal to males. There's nothing wrong with that because artists are under no obligation to represent or reflect any demographic or politic. The majority of people wanting to get into comics are white males. However there is nothing stopping a black person, ? person, trans person, or female person from starting their own indie company that focuses on a particular demographic. No denial of opportunity. Case closed.

There are many black people who flock to manga and anime. The average hood ? under 25 knows more about naruto than batman. The average nerdy black girl knows more about Korean dramas than about an episode of teen titans.

Should black people begin to demand that Japanese and Korean creators include them in their product because they are consumers, or should ? fall back and just enjoy the product for what it is?

? enjoy anime so much that they emulate the style in their art work, drawing black characters. Biggest example is boondocks.

You've failed once more to establish a denial of opportunity. You get one last chance to bring up a fresh relevant point.

I feel sorry for whatever children under the sphere of your influence. As if ? don't have enough problems.

What's up with you childless weirdos that don't have kids but you ? after influence over other children?

lol

video game industry is hella diverse???? think they may be an overstatement to say the least

The International Game Developers Association suggests that only 3 percent of game developers are African-American, a figure that has risen by only 0.5 percent in the past decade. In comparison, 76 percent of developers are white

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.igda.org/resource/collection/CB31CE86-F8EE-4AE3-B46A-148490336605/IGDA DSS 2015-SummaryReport_Final_Sept15.pdf

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/21/video-games-race-black-protagonists-509328.html

to actually start your own company takes a lot of capital and investors which is hard to come by for anyone..especially in the gaming industry...that's why most startups fail

and i never stated that a denial of opportunity was the only issue ...though i would argue that there is some discriminatory hiring practices going on. like with most jobs its all about who you know, the connections you built in college

but like i said the ? is off putting and harmful to non white males

i's say i'm weird for a multitude of diff reasons.... but why is it weird to want to want to shelter, shield them from potential negative influences your beloved step child or children in ur family ???? lol

but yall love to scapegoat single mothers, their lack of parenting skills and bad decision making for all the world's problems ...

smh...all you've done is paraded ur opinion and anecdotal evidence as facts

cool talk though
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

x2? which revolved around hunting down your long lost bf? and the dresspheres that involves them changing into different yet impractical scantly clad outfits to power up and fight lol

more upset with the quote than anything

yall got it though

and i wasn't trying to speak for all women or poc... interesting convo
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fanatics and fascists only see the world the way it fits there ? for drama, unrest, division and violence.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    The perception that video games are only for boys hasnt existed for at least 15 years.

Games were marketed to boys but then games stated being marketed to adults. Of no particular gender.

h0o431rsolkx.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol Yeah, we can agree to disagree. If you're playing a video game and disturbed because your body doesn't look like the fictional unrealistic character in the game you're playing, you've got some issues you need to work through. At some point we have to stop blaming artistic outlets for for people's hangups.
  • LordZuko
    Options

@Madame_CJSkywalker

Ok. Compare and contrast the types and nuances between the portrayed sexes in video games and comics

men are often either lean, fit, heavy set, muscular, etc

women are either fit or curvy heavy chested

men are super heroes, anti-heroes, villains, crime bosses, adventurers, soldiers, scientist, conquers, kings, assassins, race car drivers, policemen, detectives, etc

more male characters have back stories, are playable, have more speaking parts

while there are exceptions...women, same as poc, are mostly reduced to being the love interest, object of ? , something to be saved or the side kick

i'm more into games so like i stated earlier in one of the most highest rated and best selling games ever the women are often prostitutes or strippers. players can have sex with them and physically harm them, which can be followed by a reward of money or extra health

with final fantasy 15 i was disappointed there were no female protagonist, playable characters they usually do a good job. the creator's excuse: ""Speaking honestly, an all-male party feels almost more approachable for players."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-director-talks-about-the-all-male/1100-6426084/

in a game like bio shock infinite there is a female character who can pick any lock, tear open portals in space and time and summon weapons from thin air but she still needs to be rescued by a man

Ok. See here's your problem. You seem to think that There's zero difference between male and female outside anatomical.

Men are more prone to do dangerous things

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://journal.sjdm.org/jdm06016.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjoycbt-v3WAhUJ0oMKHUvrBWQQFggrMAA&usg=AOvVaw0tYzL2DHnCo-l6y2Pb79mR

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://hbr.org/2013/02/do-women-take-as-many-risks-as&ved=0ahUKEwjoycbt-v3WAhUJ0oMKHUvrBWQQFgg4MAI&usg=AOvVaw2YIPVRmG_ce4xR_WCjLXNY

We can extrapolate that data not only to the physical activities men engage in, but the types of videogames they play.

Many of the adventure action horror games are stress inducing.
    Women don't like to be stressed

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886904000200&ved=0ahUKEwjQ4oXW_P3WAhUk0IMKHW_sDKoQFggrMAA&usg=AOvVaw3UQsRxkHRtbC_wzRpmEzb2

The mind does not distinguish fiction from reality. So in game stress is not separate from real life stress.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://drdavidhamilton.com/does-your-brain-distinguish-real-from-imaginary/&ved=0ahUKEwjRuu-S_f3WAhUH5IMKHSESDgEQFggpMAA&usg=AOvVaw0UxjXgTzwoYWmJXRFcp9tL

The games that women dominate are Facebook games. ? you play while you're killing time at work. The second largest group of females play mmorpgs which have customizable characters.

This article mentions over watch as being popular among females because of female characters. The female characters are super op.

https://kotaku.com/study-shows-which-video-game-genres-women-play-most-1791435415

Action, survival horror, fps, adventure are games few females play. It's not because of a lack of female protagonists. Resident evil is a popular series in survival horror, not many female players. Same with tomb raider.

It's not lack of female protagonist like you want it to be, it's a lack of interest. Men and women are interested in different things, even different types of video games.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Secondly, there are few very few fat video game characters.
    None of those characters are popular among men.
    Male characters fit a narrow range. They are fit tall and have an expertise.

Yea a lot of female characters are those that need to be rescued. But that's not even a far cry from reality. Females irl, are always crying and demanding that men save them from some situation real or imagined. You're in this thread demanding that men save you from the terror of male dominated industry, the evil that this is.

Men also like to rescue damsels in distress. It's just male programming. There's nothing wrong with either of these scenarios especially given my previous post that shows the games with those features you and other females complain about, have low female audience.

If there is not a denial of opportunity then you have no case. No one is locking women out of anything in fact major dollars are being spent to push women into fields.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    None of these strong wonen called for the boycottt of 50 SHADES OF GREY films. I have seen no petition against Dr Grey.

• LordZuko
    Options
    Lastly, stop hiding behind this beneficent mother facade. ? you and whatever kids under your care. You can shield them from whatever, that's your call. But that shield does not extend past your personal residence.

You are the same female who tried to say violent video games cause real world violence. Violent tv shows did the same thing. The same females responsible for the temperance movement that led to alcohol prohibition that actually lead to a rise in violent crimes.
    You're the same females who shut down coffee houses in England because men spent too much time there.
    gzgb1qb3zduo.jpg

Like seriously.

In short females are in general miserable creatures that are always trying to take things away from Men.