Joe Budden goes in on Jay Electronica.

Options

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled ? .

You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    There's another way of looking at the situation.

I haven't been to any Roc Nation concerts, but maybe he's just an opening act for Jay Z.

It makes perfect sense. Jay Z can book stadium tours but he needs an opening act. If Jay Electronica is signed to Roc Nation maybe thats what he signed up for, to be Jay Z's opening act.

If Jay Electronica is Jay Z's opening act he's making more money touring than Joe Budden

It could be something more like this...

I can't remember if its a song or an interview
    But I heard JayZ talking once, it went something like this:

"Right now there's some kid out there listening to JayZ, and he writing some ? . I mean he writing some nice ? , he gonna be the greatest. I'ma find him, and sign him, and never put his ? out"

I'm paraphrasing, but the gist of what he was saying, was he would sign an artist that he saw as a threat to dethroning him, and shelf him, so that artist will never surpass him
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was he the topic?

Because some ? old ? pete rock dissed him

Because a hip hop site tweeted the anniversary of his signing to RN. At least get the ? right, b.

Why he commented why
  • blackgod813
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled ? .

You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

He dont sound good rapping
  • bck145
    Options

Jay elec? I know...lacks charisma
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was he the topic?

Because some ? old ? pete rock dissed him

Because a hip hop site tweeted the anniversary of his signing to RN. At least get the ? right, b.

Why he commented why

? , iono. Same exact reason you comment on ? .1
  • blackgod813
    Options

No joe is not entertaining..
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ab-Soul and Lupe are both far better than Jay Elec and have put out more material too. A hundred loose songs aren't the same as four or five focused projects. And most of Jay Elecs songs aren't THAT good. Exhibit C and Eternal Sunshine were dope 10 years ago but...I think most people revere Jay Elec because when he dropped, there wasn't really anyone else who was rapping like him at the time. It was a breath of fresh air.

But looking back now...that ? just isn't profound. Dope still but he hasmt released nothing to warrant the acclaim he gets.

Lupe debatable but not better IMO, Ab Soul hell no gtfoh
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I REALLY FEEL THIS CAT NEVER INTENDED TO DROP AN ACTUAL ALBUM. HE JUST USED RAP TO MAKE BREAD OFF OF FEATURES & SHOWS, AND FIND A WOMAN/MOM-FIGURE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS ? ASS.

? THIS CLOWN :-1:
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica would beat the kitty litter out of Joe Buddens so he need not be worried about what he's doing. My guy is from the Magnolia Projects and now he's living his life. Buttons can go ? himself.

That ? from Bel Air now, he worried about tea and crumpets. Budden for the win
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Finally watched this episode

Budden was all wrong at 50:40 about Fresh Prince

That was the series finale... Not the dad episode

https://youtu.be/33NlssWUbBU

And nadeska & AK were actin like Joe was right n ?
  • bck145
    Options

No joe is not entertaining..

Lol thats funny
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? wanna know why that babysitter overhyped

This is why.....
    huey wrote: »
    Yall mad like yall miss something u never had

Jay elec is one of ? mcs whether you like it or not

FOH wit this ? . ? gotta put in work for that to happen.

i disagree
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Jay Elec has 6 songs on spotify

Exhibit A
    Exhibit C
    Exhibit A (Clean)
    Exhibit C (Instrumental)
    Letter to Falon
    and a skit from a DJ Kenni Star mixtape

Because he's signed to Roc Nation, streaming politics. Most of his ? would be on Tidal and even then a lot isn't copy-written, sample clearances, etc.. this is hip hop. Music is music.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . Letter to Falon on Spotify now. Did Jay drop him?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    There's another way of looking at the situation.

I haven't been to any Roc Nation concerts, but maybe he's just an opening act for Jay Z.

It makes perfect sense. Jay Z can book stadium tours but he needs an opening act. If Jay Electronica is signed to Roc Nation maybe thats what he signed up for, to be Jay Z's opening act.

If Jay Electronica is Jay Z's opening act he's making more money touring than Joe Budden

It could be something more like this...

I can't remember if its a song or an interview
    But I heard JayZ talking once, it went something like this:

"Right now there's some kid out there listening to JayZ, and he writing some ? . I mean he writing some nice ? , he gonna be the greatest. I'ma find him, and sign him, and never put his ? out"

I'm paraphrasing, but the gist of what he was saying, was he would sign an artist that he saw as a threat to dethroning him, and shelf him, so that artist will never surpass him

? Jay Z said himself last year to Jay E publicly to put out the damn album. There was a thread here on it
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you’re good with the pen and release one song every 5 years, there’s no reason the work shouldn’t be top notch.

You just spent 5 years writing one song.

Releasing bodies of work at a high quality in a short timespan is impressive, releasing a high quality track every 5 years.... not so much.

But ? call Andre 3000 a goat.......
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you’re good with the pen and release one song every 5 years, there’s no reason the work shouldn’t be top notch.

Releasing bodies of work at a high quality in a short timespan is impressive, releasing a high quality track every 5 years.... not so much.

? , Stacks has multiple bodies of work. We not finna do this again.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , Stacks has multiple bodies of work. We not finna do this again.

NO ALBUM THO

that was yalls original argument, y'all stay moving goalposts on here
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Elect and Andre 3000 are both my some of my favorites but they are not comparable. Andre has multiple classics idgaf if they aren’t solo. He’s one of the GOATs.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give Jay 10 years and he'll craft a diss track that will destroy joe's career.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Electronica got more verses than Andre