JAY-Z: “At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist."…

Options

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to fall back and think about what he had to say
    Nobody is getting shot by the cops because of gender

Females getting it in other ways than getting shot by cops dont be dense

Lets be real aint no ? way would i change being a black man in racist ass america for being a female of any race

Im not for the current standard of femism but females can easily have a far worse life than the average black man

I dont think we ahould choose sides or even speak about which is worse
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still ? huh? Ol shapeshifting for the moment ass.

Exactly.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Why compare both? Racism and sexism are both problems.

Because people seem to think you can't address multiple things at the same time so whenever one form of oppression is brought up another group of people come running up with their "But what about me" statements
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody is getting shot by the cops because of gender

Because being shot by the cops is the only injustice a person can face.

I agree with it being a toss up. Black women being doubly afflicted.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Why compare both? Racism and sexism are both problems.

Because people seem to think you can't address multiple things at the same time so whenever one form of oppression is brought up another group of people come running up with their "But what about me" statements

You can address multiple issues without making them compete with each other. As a matter of fact, this is the very reason people come running up with their but what about me statements, as you stated.
  • gorilla
    Options
    He being real disingenuous right now, by taking advantage of the hot topic of the moment. All these accusations coming out, is it really that surprising he's making that statement? Jay a very smart dude, he said it for cool points.

What about the money cash ? 's tho? This dude made a career talking bout how much money he make and how he ? on women, now he's a women's rights advocate. FOH
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    He being real disingenuous right now, by taking advantage of the hot topic of the moment. All these accusations coming out, is it really that surprising he's making that statement? Jay a very smart dude, he said it for cool points.

What about the money cash ? 's tho? This dude made a career talking bout how much money he make and how he ? on women, now he's a women's rights advocate. FOH

He needs to be quiet before any skeletons in his own closet start rattling.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twenty2 wrote: »
    I just got one question...

What the ? is a 9 year old doin at a Hov show???

Him and Nelly don't exactly sing the most kid-friendly ? ...

SMH...

Hey man many years ago I remember on the A train this little west indian boy was randomly singing "I'll do akneeeting akneeeeetiiiiing fo uuuuuuuuu" mad loudly.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce got this ? by the nuts.... SAD !
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I ok I guess.

I miss The older Jigga concert just rap your songs
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

He made Money Cash Hoes what 19/20 years ago? One would hope he's grown since then and wouldn't still hold that same mentality. The real thing that I've seen some folks get at Jay over is he completed a deal w/ the Weinstein company and hasn't said anything regarding that situation. That's the part where he's coming off looking fake.
  • gorilla
    Options

He made Money Cash Hoes what 19/20 years ago? One would hope he's grown since then and wouldn't still hold that same mentality. The real thing that I've seen some folks get at Jay over is he completed a deal w/ the Weinstein company and hasn't said anything regarding that situation. That's the part where he's coming off looking fake.

My point is, he built and maintained his career based off that. He's an opportunist though, notice 4:44's timing. He's doing this to stay relevant which is why it's ? to me.
  • Broddie
    Options

My point is, he built and maintained his career based off that. He's an opportunist though, notice 4:44's timing. He's doing this to stay relevant which is why it's ? to me.

Of course he is. He told you years ago. He's a hustler not a rapper.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga warrior sighting.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lol please. ? Jay-Z.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Jay been doing this damn near his whole career, hoppin on the "hottest" wave at the moment. Nobody who's been following him his whole career shld be surprised by this.

With that said he had more than a few ppl(nobody of importance) call him out for his hypocrisy once 444 dropped.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok so how does this benefit jay?
  • SELASI_i
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Get the muthafuck outta here. How many people clutch they purse/wallets cause a group of females walking in their direction? Where is the system that promotes negativity that influences females to ? each other? Cut the ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not comparing the two.
    I also think we need to not talk about America like it's a person.

There's alot of sexists and misogynists in the United States, there's also alot racism.
  • SELASI_i
    edited November 2017
    Options
    White America has always been sexist and racist. Period. Not saying its only white people but lets be clear they are the dominant culture in this society that infects everything it comes in contact with.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye might be a weirdo at times.....but at least he’s a genuine weirdo.

Jay Z on the hand, is so into positioning and marketing that his words fall on deaf ears.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao this is virtual signaling at its finest. Tell that ? shut up before I get Jaz O on him
  • Broddie
    Options
    Lmao this is virtual signaling at its finest. Tell that ? shut up before I get Jaz O on him

Have him dangling in the background like the hawaiian sophie video

tumblr_ny3b4eHnML1tg1hiho1_400.gif