JAY-Z: “At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist."…

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If Kanye said this ? you guys would all ? on him but oh no this is your master Jigga lol I really don't get it Jay has you fools brainwashed.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Kanye said this ? you guys would all ? on him but oh no this is your master Jigga lol I really don't get it Jay has you fools brainwashed.

You gotta name names when you make sweeping statements like that
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody is getting shot by the cops because of gender

That's not entirely accurate. Trans people are actually killed in rates that dwarf both African Americans and Native Americans
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thinks it's an unnecessary comment

But when.... ? becomes... black ? .... I think that says everything you need to know about sexism/racism. I have a larger point I want to make from noticing the coverage and discussion that I'll make later if know one brings it up
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his ? runs around callin herself KING Bey..

get this henpecked ? the ? outta here..
    why is this ? even talkin at his show..

they there to hear them bars!
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont the kids got Knowles as part of they last name!?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    He being real disingenuous right now, by taking advantage of the hot topic of the moment. All these accusations coming out, is it really that surprising he's making that statement? Jay a very smart dude, he said it for cool points.

What about the money cash ? 's tho? This dude made a career talking bout how much money he make and how he ? on women, now he's a women's rights advocate. FOH

He made Money Cash Hoes what 19/20 years ago? One would hope he's grown since then and wouldn't still hold that same mentality. The real thing that I've seen some folks get at Jay over is he completed a deal w/ the Weinstein company and hasn't said anything regarding that situation. That's the part where he's coming off looking fake.

My point is, he built and maintained his career based off that. He's an opportunist though, notice 4:44's timing. He's doing this to stay relevant which is why it's ? to me.

What business man isn't an opportunist? The timing of 4:44 was just coincidence and more a way to further capitalize off Lemonade. Ain't no way Jay could've known all these allegations would drop about sexual harassment.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay been pussywhipped every since Bey let her sister whoop his ass in that elevator. She's a feminist icon now, and he's basically a male feminist at this point.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

Which occurs more often people of color getting killed by police officers or domestic violence?

Dv and the perp is usually a woman against a man

Just like men are the victims of sexual assualt more than women are

Black ppl, more specifically black women are the faces of welfare but there are vastly more wypipo on welfare than blacks let alone blk women.

Just because someone is the poster child for a cause or issue doesn't mean that they're necessarily the main victim or recipient
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Another test... Who do you think has it harder in American society, black men or black women...?

Black men.... By far. Next question.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z to 9 Year Old Girl:
    "At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist, but you young lady, you got the potential to be the next president of the United States, you believe that."

"....Guru lets do the next track!"

* The beat to "Is That Yo ? " comes on*
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen ot most music like im watching Hollywood movies : AS ENTERTAINEMENT MATERIAL.

STOP IDOLIZING THESE ARTISTS!! You will always get diaspointed sooner or later.

Jay Z is catering to his of the moment audience.
    Like Tank did with his ? audience : ? might be the biggest homophobe on earth BUT ? GOTTA EAT and pay the Bentley Coupe insurance and tires lol. So he will sing in a pro ? concert without an hesitation.

These aretist aint
    Gods
    Role models
    Pure
    activists.

Lyor cohen and Jymmy Iovine dont sign and promote real activists.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a Black man living in America for him to make that statement is laughable.... he wanna talk about sexism now huh despite his numerous records over the years branding women in a sexist and misogynistic light? Let's not even forget he threw a subliminal line/diss at his now current wife on a Missy Elliott song years ago.

Y'all Westerners don't even know what real sexism and misogyny is. Women have it way better over here than places in say Africa... count your blessings

northside7 wrote: »
    Jigga warriors, defend ya man.

Jigga can do no wrong to them cats...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Typical answers in this thread from dudes. If this thread had went another way, I would have been shocked.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Beyonce got him saying that ? . Men are under attack foh Nova.
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? wife told him to say that ? .... smh she wear the dockers

...and he wears the rompers
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at America being more sexist than racist

The last presidential elections deaded that. (White) Women still voted in Trump despite him having been recorded on audio encouraging sexual harassment on women

So which comes first? Racism or Sexism?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL at America being more sexist than racist

The last presidential elections deaded that. (White) Women still voted in Trump despite him having been recorded on audio encouraging sexual harassment on women

So which comes first? Racism or Sexism?

On topic sidenote....I heard this interview from Melissa Harris Perry talking about ppl being shocked that white women voted for trump despite that...but she said white women typically vote for the conservative candidate period. So white women voting for trump, or rather expecting them to vote for the "liberal" female candidate wasn't gonna happen regardless.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many of yall ? doing the whitey "stick to sports" shtick and dont even know it

I was going to give you a cosign but You deserve a GOAT!