Options

Comments

• simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my dad tells me the usual.
    don't disrespect a man.
    don't keep secrets from him, (( even if they do hurt his feelings))
    if you want him to take care of you, you need to take care of him.
    get to know him before you decide to marry him.
    really the list could go on forever . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and EVER! ! !

but i luv my papa so i could sit and listen as long as talks. LOL
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He is a wise man marriage is not worth the risk of investment.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Quarter2 wrote: »
    Too much math involved in that, id say at the minimum we have sex 3 times a week

Been married 2 years now, no kids, im 23Du, from your posts i've read it seem like your mind right, i wish you the best

Wooow. Good luck, that just seems extra young. I wish you the best. I didn't decide to do it until my late 20's.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pops is hurt to say that to his child............

had a oldhead at my job today tell me he got to pay $2800 in court-ordered spousal support because they didn't have a separation agreement

plus she gon get half of his military retirement when the divorce is final SMH

and she got a job, but deserves "spousal support" wtf
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Too much math involved in that, id say at the minimum we have sex 3 times a week

Been married 2 years now, no kids, im 23
    Du, from your posts i've read it seem like your mind right, i wish you the best
    porps, appriciate, thanks...
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    Wooow. Good luck, that just seems extra young. I wish you the best. I didn't decide to do it until my late 20's.

Man by 13 i was slangin, by 17 i was tired of ? with chick after chick..done with the club ? etc.Well you 10 years deep man you been through the early phases of this here you know what it is LOL.

But yo i feel the same as you man, this is my marriage im going to work hard on BOTH of us to make sure we succeed. Im not getting married again if this doesn't work out for me.

Marriage isnt about always being happy and jolly and ? , its about being comfortable and carefree because you know another person is doing the same ? you are doing and if you fall they will always be there to pick you up. Marriage is a discipline...if you are not a strong,driven person that will work till the wheels fall off for something, it is not for you.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Elle_Music wrote: »
    People always want the opposite of what they have...

But yea my folks have never said anything like that to me at all...

no...people always want what they dont have or what they used to have or what someone else has.
    they are never happy with what they have.
    this is something im working on with myself. to be happy in the moment and appreciate the things that i have.
    we spend too much time worrying about the past and what we dont have. live today. ? yesterday. and make better choices for tomorrow.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited September 2010
    Options
    everytime i get comfortable with a chick and start to think "you know, marriage with her wouldnt be that bad...." like an hour later she does something to remind me why i live alone.

besides, humans are so flawed. i would never base my entire life's happiness on another person. thats not fair to me or them.

Loo, you my ? ....BUT

being married aint about making someone else happy or basing your happiness in someone else...its about finding someone that you click with and want to spend your time with...happiness is a choice well all make everyday...yes. ? happens to us everyday that we cant control...But what you can control is how you react to it...and this especially goes for when dealing with women...

whether you get married or not...youre still stuck with dealing with women and their ? .FOR LIFE ? ! whether they have a ring or not...live somewhere else youre still gonna have to deal with them. its all in how you react to the crazy ? they do fam

and this is coming from somebody who vowed NEVER to get married again...(? check my screen name!)
  • Eternal Bachelor
    edited September 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    That's ? up, but at the same time, I think the lack of this mentality today has had a negative effect on the black family.

How do you think you would've turned out if your Father hadn't married your mom?

what do you mean by 'lack of this mentality'?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My dad said not to marry a man like him: an ? .

My mom says "you can always come home" and keep a separate account just in case.

someones mom sounds like a smutt..........
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL at dudes still thinking marriage is about love

Marriage is a business move, you marry someone because you have a dependant person that will hold you down, can communicate with you well and yall share similar future goals. Also you have 100% trust in this person.

If those 4 things arent in the equation, the situation should not equal marriage..? all that love and romance ?

<~~married dude

best post in thread

besides the ? i said
  • ra-mes1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Man by 13 i was slangin, by 17 i was tired of ? with chick after chick..done with the club ? etc.Well you 10 years deep man you been through the early phases of this here you know what it is LOL.

But yo i feel the same as you man, this is my marriage im going to work hard on BOTH of us to make sure we succeed. Im not getting married again if this doesn't work out for me.

Marriage isnt about always being happy and jolly and ? , its about being comfortable and carefree because you know another person is doing the same ? you are doing and if you fall they will always be there to pick you up. Marriage is a discipline...if you are not a strong,driven person that will work till the wheels fall off for something, it is not for you.

*daps* you are definitely on the right track. I've seen people get married young, head in the clouds, and then crash n burn in less than 2 years but you've got your eyes wide open and seem to know what it takes. Especially that last sentence.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    everytime i get comfortable with a chick and start to think "you know, marriage with her wouldnt be that bad...." like an hour later she does something to remind me why i live alone.

besides, humans are so flawed. i would never base my entire life's happiness on another person. thats not fair to me or them.

who the ? would ever tell you that's what a marriage, or any relationship, is based on? that's ? retarted
  • jsjm
    jsjm Members Posts: 9
    edited October 2010
    Options
    no...people always want what they dont have or what they used to have or what someone else has.
    they are never happy with what they have.
    this is something im working on with myself. to be happy in the moment and appreciate the things that i have.
    we spend too much time worrying about the past and what we dont have. live today. ? yesterday. and make better choices for tomorrow.

This is true..some people need to be more appreciative and grateful.. it could be much worse than it already is...and some of the simplest things people take for granted, others wish they can have.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jsjm wrote: »
    This is true..some people need to be more appreciative and grateful.. it could be much worse than it already is...and some of the simplest things people take for granted, others wish they can have.

*looks at AVI*

Well, damn....

Heeeeyyyyyyy......
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wow.... your dad must be crazy miserable.
  • ra-mes1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    People today don't think like they did back in the day.

Like the situation with Nthingis' father and her grandparents.

Someone in that situation today would look at Nthingis' grandparents like they were crazy if they suggested something like that...buit back in the day it was the norm.

If you "got a girl in trouble" (I think that was the saying back then)...you were expected to marry her.

Not the case today.

The marriage laws are different and the age of sex has gone done a lot too---kinda hard to make someone get married when it's illegal 'cause they're 15 or 16 y.o. In principle, I agree--but in practice it's almost impossible to enforce, at least below the age of 18. After that, who knows?
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? marriage. i feel marriage is like a job and i cant keep one so you know i cant keep no marriage together.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    ? marriage. i feel marriage is like a job and i cant keep one so you know i cant keep no marriage together.

Seeing as how you cant attract women in general(your words not mine), i would think you'd be a prime candidate for marriage

Its not like you gotta worry about the ? youre missing out on
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Seeing as how you cant attract women in general(your words not mine), i would think you'd be a prime candidate for marriage

Its not like you gotta worry about the ? youre missing out on

the mans gotta point.

i think cats that dont have alot of options would fare better in marriage than dudes who can bag a girl any given night.

its hard to take someone serious when you know they can quickly be replaced.
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol...sublim shots fired???
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

@.........?
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options

lol wtf are you talkin bout

who fired shots and who recieved them
  • Dupac
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @.........?

? who tryna get marrie dout here yo...
    the mans gotta point.

i think cats that dont have alot of options would fare better in marriage than dudes who can bag a girl any given night.

its hard to take someone serious when you know they can quickly be replaced.
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? who tryna get marrie dout here yo...

but its the truth tho

? that have trouble pullin women should hold onto the ones they can get......