The Official 2pac Versus Biggie Thread...

Options

Comments

• BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    suicide's not "the easy way out" i'm offended at that as a Suicidal-American
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    suicide's not "the easy way out" i'm offended at that as a Suicidal-American
    grab your keys, go out to the garage.. hop in the whip & turn it on... chill for about two hours & tell me that wasn't easy..
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    grab your keys, go out to the garage.. hop in the whip & turn it on... chill for about two hours & tell me that wasn't easy..

i dont wanna have a semantics debate but that's just an easy way to commit suicide

suicide itself is not an easy decision to make

unless you are a samurai, in which case, special factors apply
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    there you go again.. i never said big was a conscious mc.. i only insinuated that you can't discount the way he wrote his 1st album as being a negative-positive.. those feelings of "if i die, ? it i wanna go to hell / cause i'm a peice of ? , it aint hard to ? ' tell.." had to be a motivator [along with his new daughter] in his decision to keep rappin'.. that shows you right there he wasn't the selfish ? who was spittin' those words.. otherwise, he woulda took the easy way out like his BIG personna did.. thats a conscious decision. all i can say to someone who can't feel that is... maby you will in about 5 to 10 years.. maturity brings a priceless enlightenment inexperience can't afford.. or even concieve of for that matter.

I think the disconnect is that my argument is conscious based music while you're preaching conscious based decisions (for whatever reason). No I don't discount it but it has nothing to do with the MUSIC and what type of MC he was. You quoting me when we are speaking on two different things entirely caused confusion.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In a lyrical battle Biggie would of won probably. I still feel like Pac is the more well rounded artist. Its not just about technical skills.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Tupac was basically a ? . I mean, not in the sense that he was having sex with men.... I mean, he was having sex with men, but not willingly."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Pac's time in jail was um... a life changing experience for him, I'll just leave it at that."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "I don't want to say that Tupac was ? .... I don't want to say that..."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • makaveli4ever
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Snoop forgets his friend Dre.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Snoop said that stuff?
  • illogics
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You don't have to Spam the thread with single quotes now.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Snoop said that stuff?

yeah it was in a magazine years ago but its out of print now
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Man, Tupac was always encouraging me to explore my feminine side."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    & i'm not sure why you'd run in here & swan dive onto my ? with your first post [with the added irony of callin' me a ? ].. so i guess we're both in the dark. the only difference between you & I is that i can afford my light bill.. : )

Your non qualified to talk on the subject so I called it as I saw it the rest of this thread is ? Pac won the war of words to the point of having people copping plea's on TV lying and spinning ? to avoid him saying too much more and then he still said it. In the end though he lost his life 1st a lose lose for all as retaliation took biggie soon after but his people won the control they sought...
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "I think Suge shot Tupac... with ? ."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • makaveli4ever
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Snoop saying that ? is hypocritical. I thought Pac was his best friend?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "If Biggie wanted to rip Pac sexually, he would have."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Tupac was a 125 pound ? with legs."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    I think the disconnect is that my argument is conscious based music while you're preaching conscious based decisions (for whatever reason). No I don't discount it but it has nothing to do with the MUSIC and what type of MC he was. You quoting me when we are speaking on two different things entirely caused confusion.
    riiiiiiiiiight.. i hate to be the bearer of bad news here but again.. to take in the work without considering the person who created it is to dismiss both entirely. kinda sad if you ask me.. i never even considered ready to die a conscious piece of art until today.. [i appreciate that, Rap] one thing is clear here though.. just the difference in our veiw points speaks volumes on a lack of understanding when it comes to human nature.. or a willingness to understand.. take your pick.

either way, it won't change the fact that the album as a whole was obviously meant to scare the immpressionable away from that lifestyle.. not draw them into it. & as an artist myself [who's spit for record companies & was offered deals on the spot, can dj/mix & can paint immaculately in oils, acrylics, blood, charcole.. you name it..], i appreciate the skill it takes to create a piece which goes undetected as a work of consciousness for 16 years.. that's pretty clever...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    "Tupac was a 125 pound ? with legs."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg

This is what the IC is now? Anybody know any better hip hop forums?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Snoop saying that ? is hypocritical. I thought Pac was his best friend?

Snoop will always have love for Pac but I think he was just giving his honest perspective on the situation. Pac's beef with Big was personal but no matter what he said about Big, rap fans know, he was still sick. Snoop is just saying look, I love pac but truth be told, Big could see him so I thought it was pointless for all the disses. Basically Snoop wasn't a fan of the beef at all. It speaks volumes that he was with Big during the recording of Life After Death. And remember it was snoop that step to NY at the Source source "New York don't got love for Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg?, Ya'll don't love us? Let it be known?". Of course the "New York, New York" video where Biggie had goons shoot up Snoop and Dogg Pound's video trailer. But I guess that didn't mean Snoop didn't have love for Big. So Basically Snoop was admitting Pac died mad at him because of his friendship with Biggie. Damn.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your non qualified...
    i stopped reading there.. again, the irony of speaking on who's qualified for what when you haven't grasped the concept of when to use "your" as opposed to "you're.." lemme guess, did the ? man make you that stupid, fazeem? seriously, your [<-see how i did that?] all encompassing ignorance has to be the root of a name that sounds like a illegal downloading site.. now.. go slap your ? of a mother for not hittin' the eject button on you when she realised hooking for heroin & the lack of fool proof condoms don't mix...
  • illogics
    edited February 2010
    Options
    riiiiiiiiiight.. i hate to be the bearer of bad news here but again.. to take in the work without considering the person who created it is to dismiss both entirely. kinda sad if you ask me.. i never even considered ready to die a conscious piece of art until today.. [i appreciate that, Rap] one thing is clear here though.. just the difference in our veiw points speaks volumes on a lack of understanding when it comes to human nature.. or a willingness to understand.. take your pick.

either way, it won't change the fact that the album as a whole was obviously meant to scare the immpressionable away from that lifestyle.. not draw them into it. & as an artist myself [who's spit for recdord companies & was offered deals on the spot, can dj/mix & can paint immaculately in oils, acrylics, blood, charcole.. you name it..], i appreciate the skill it takes to create a piece which goes undetected as a work of consciousness for 16 years.. that's pretty clever...

I judge a RAP ARTIST based on his or her RAP MUSIC. It's really not a flawed way of thinking. It's a normal way of thinking. You never considered ready to die conscious after all these years of listening to it but now you do? Why? Because you got a backstory with it? lol. Call me crazy but I judge an artist on the CONTENT of their art.

I'll agree to disagree with your way of thinking.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Tupac sucked, let's keep it real."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i stopped reading there.. again, the irony of speaking on who's qualified for what when you haven't grasped the concept of when to use "your" as opposed to "you're.." lemme guess, did the ? man make you that stupid, fazeem? seriously, your [<-see how i did that?] all encompassing ignorance has to be the root of a name that sounds like a illegal downloading site.. now.. go slap your ? of a mother for not hittin' the eject button on you when she realised hooking for heroin & the lack of fool proof condoms don't mix...
    Aww so your saving grace from the fact that your a flaming ? with no room to talk about HipHop is because I do not grammer check on a hiphop message board. Your alterantive lifestyle all the way down to your thought process do your ? thing but do not speak about Hetero matters as you are not qualified...