The Official 2pac Versus Biggie Thread...

Options

Comments

• rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    I judge a RAP ARTIST based on his or her RAP MUSIC. It's really not a flawed way of thinking. It's a normal way of thinking. You never considered ready to die conscious after all these years of listening to it but now you do? Why? Because you got a backstory with it? lol. Call me crazy but I judge an artist on the CONTENT of their art.

I'll agree to disagree with your way of thinking.
    so you prefer to stay close minded & not consider what it took for the artist to get to that specific moment of creating? that ? sad as hell.. i mean, if you aint figured it out yet, the reason the worlds like it is now is because of a simple lack of consideration.. so hey.. @ least you can say you're true to.. a pretty horrible traditiion.. i guess. what's next, bringing slavery back?
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so you prefer to stay close minded & not consider what it took for the artist to get to that specific moment of creating?

The decisions or steps a rapper takes in their personal life is just that...PERSONAL and often times doesn't even correlate with who they really are. Rick ross for example, Common could be a gangsta rapper if he wanted to given some of his background info. So why would I judge music on factors outside of music? It makes NO sense.
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what is this obsession about over Biggie in here, I mean it is 13 years later he has nothng new to contribute he came and went let it go people
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think at the end of the day Snoop made perfect sense about the situation. Pac was out of control near the end and it escalted the situation. Biggie was very talented and could see Pac so the disses were pointless. He also again said just off the sublinimals, He knew Big could get Pac. Another Rap Legend co-signs Big's Greatness.
  • AntonLATroy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think at the end of the day Snoop made perfect sense about the situation. Pac was out of control near the end and it escalted the situation. Biggie was very talented and could see Pac so the disses were pointless. He also again said just off the sublinimals, He knew Big could get Pac. Another Rap Legend co-signs Big's Greatness.

Your Obsession and Love for Biggie is beyond scary man
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The decisions or steps a rapper takes in their personal life is just that...PERSONAL and often times doesn't even correlate with who they really are. Rick ross for example, Common could be a gangsta rapper if he wanted to given some of his background info. So why would I judge music on factors outside of music? It makes NO sense.
    see, you just don't get it yet.. to seperate what factors motivate someone to make certain decisions from the person & his/her artistic expression is like puttin' a sleeping bag over your head.. you owe the people around you more than that..
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Your Obsession and Love for Biggie is beyond scary man

Again I'm sorry if Snoops words hurt people's feelings but he said Biggie was seeing Pac. That's his opinion, the video speaks for itself. If you are mad, be mad at Snoop. Hell be mad at a majority of the Hip Hop fanbase that realizes Biggie was very ILL.
  • illogics
    edited February 2010
    Options
    see, you just don't get it yet.. to seperate what factors motivate someone to make certain decisions from the person & his/her artistic expression is like puttin' a sleeping bag over your head.. you owe the people around you more than that..

Aight man. You got it, lol.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Aight man. You got it.
    tell me about it.
  • illogics
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "Tupac was like the ? kid that you pretend to be friends with because you feel bad for him."
    ---Snoop Doggy Dogg
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Again I'm sorry if Snoops words hurt people's feelings but he said Biggie was seeing Pac. That's his opinion, the video speaks for itself. If you are mad, be mad at Snoop. Hell be mad at a majority of the Hip Hop fanbase that realizes Biggie was very ILL.

LMFAO Are you serious? Snoop has nothing but envy for Pac since Pac outshined him and took his top spot at death row. He went from being Top Dogg to 3rd runner up and jumped ship with a group of kats doing their worst Pac imitiation in No Limit. Anything dude says is to make himself feel better about being so expendable at his career height to a dude he could not ever come close to matchi in any category...
  • AntonLATroy
    edited February 2010
    Options

I was not talking about Snoop I was talking about your obsession for Biggie, you have a beyond the point of admiration like infatuation with him. I think you are far iller then Biggie even imagined he could be
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've always believed that Biggie could've ripped Pac apart and probably would have had nobody died. ? woulda been crazy. I'm mad it didn't happen.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And he's right. The problem is it doesnt matter because Pac ? on him and the lyrics were real and good enough. Pac didnt have to say, "I'll eat you like steak...etc etc etc." Pac was overall the better artist and Biggie was the better lyricist. Pac said more and meant more to the game then BIG did by far.

And PAC pretty much ? on dude hard and there was no coming back from Hit Em Up. Especially since a lot of it was probably true and BIG was still scared to go at him directly.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The "realness" of Pac's disses got him killed like a ? . BIG only got killed out of vengeance.

The rappers that followed BIG's example thrived. The rappers that followed Pac's example.... wait, who's repping the West Coast today? Nobody? LOL
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ehh, actually what he said was, he felt Pac was wrong for repeatedly attacking a man who obviously didn't want it...and that Biggie probably could've come back back wit some gangsta ? , which doesn't necessarily equate to ripping someone apart.

Now, as far as technical ability with them on the same track, Big may have had the slight advantage. But let's not forget the essence of a battle. When it all boils down to it, it's not really HOW you say it but instead WHAT you say, and how much truth is behind it. You could spit the illest "style" anyone has ever heard, but if you ain't sayin nothin about yo opponent, or it's a bunch of make believe or speculation, does it really count? But then your opponent speaks, maybe in a more simplistic style, but sayin some ? that's more than likely true, or some ? that at least the 2 of ya'll know is true, then that's the nail in the coffin.

Big couldn't respond because he had nothing against Pac, outside of punchlines and slick ? , if he had anything else to respond with he would have.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if a bit of consideration was slightly contagious -
    we wouldn't have to lock so many animals in they cages -
    then of course we'd sell a lil' less mace for they faces -
    because the savagery that plays in the brain would stay in stasis -
    my case is baseless when people be rationin' that compassion -
    blastin' first, reload the strap & then the questions start askin'?
    taskin' em' with the idea that all our well being comes first -
    works as well as askin' em' to nap inna hearse -
    & thats worse when the people enslaved by other people -
    took the book of lies they gave & now believe i'm evil -
    they chuggin' deisel if they think my love for him is a bad thing -
    & stockholm syndrome for their slavemasters ? is like cash, mayne..
    FAST, blame the lack of organising priorities -
    plus the dog ate your homework, huh? you aint Shannen Doherty -
    and this aint nine O two one O, this here's reality -
    meanin' it merely boils down engrained hatred to fallacy -
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    The "realness" of Pac's disses got him killed like a ? . BIG only got killed out of vengeance.
    Yeah, so I guess BIG is "less dead" now. And BIG got killed out of stupidity. Why would you come to Cali so early after his death? Arrogance is all I can think of.

As for Tupac always "acting" was he just ACTING when he shot those 2 cops?
    The rappers that followed BIG's example thrived. The rappers that followed Pac's example.... wait, who's repping the West Coast today? Nobody? LOL

REally nobody followed PAC's example and became a success?

PAC
    > Ja Rule
    > DMX
    > 50 Cent (All mega-platinum selling artist)
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im sorry but Pac >>>>>> Big.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, so I guess BIG is "less dead" now.
    quote of the day
    He didn't even know they were cops until later. He just saw two white guys with guns bothering a black driver and tried, for once in his pathetic life, to live his lyrics.

Was he acting like he didn't enjoy it when he got ? in prison?

That's right.

Ja Rule
    hahaha
    DMX
    hahahahaha
    50 Cent
    Vitamin Water.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, so I guess BIG is "less dead" now. And BIG got killed out of stupidity. Why would you come to Cali so early after his death? Arrogance is all I can think of.

actually, yeah.. i'm pretty sure he knew he was in show business.. the type of show business in which the rep for shootin' two white men would not only garner respect from his peers but every fan who doesn't like white people.. even grab up a buncha new fans.. & being that there's no such a thing as bad publicity.. i'd contend that he saw the opportunity to ? two white birds with one stone..
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if a bit of consideration was slightly contagious -
    we wouldn't have to lock so many animals in they cages -
    then of course we'd sell a lil' less mace for they faces -
    because the savagery that plays in the brain would stay in stasis -
    my case is baseless when people be rationin' that compassion -
    blastin' first, reload the strap & then the questions start askin'?
    taskin' em' with the idea that all our well being comes first -
    works as well as askin' em' to nap inna hearse -
    & thats worse when the people enslaved by other people -
    took the book of lies they gave & now believe i'm evil -
    they chuggin' deisel if they think my love for him is a bad thing -
    & stockholm syndrome for their slavemasters ? is like cash, mayne..
    FAST, blame the lack of organising priorities -
    plus the dog ate your homework, huh? you aint Shannen Doherty -
    and this aint nine O two one O, this here's reality -
    meanin' it merely boils down engrained hatred to fallacy -

And in an actual back and forth "battle", that there wouldn't fly, no matter how cold it's spit. Cuz then your opponent would just get on and talk about how fat black and ugly you are, and how you used to have to sleep on his couch, and how you could never get girls until you had some money (like Pac did Big), or how he ? the one and only girl who was supposed to be yours (again, like Pac did Big or like Jay did Nas), or how you used to wear little ballerina outfits (like Jay did Mobb Deep), or how you used to wear little green leprechaun suits and glitter bowties (like TI did Flip), and the list could go on...But point being, cold hard facts gets the crowd wowing everytime.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    opportunity to ? two white birds

I think he shot them in the legs, though. Pac was a good shot, no ? . BIG would probably get winded pulling the hammer back.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    twenty2 wrote: »
    And in an actual back and forth "battle", that there wouldn't fly, no matter how cold it's spit..
    that's fine because i wasn't in battle mode.. [i'm not really a battle mc.. i use hiphop to say what's on my mind..] that rhyme was jus to express myself to the poster i was chattin' with.. in all honesty, battling is corny..