BDBIID wrote: »

That was a starter?

6-9 seed. I been saying
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    av4z94r11vi3.jpeg

I have the over. I think (hope) he will behave himself for awhile. Fingers crossed.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NOOOOOO mcgruder was gonna make sure Winslow didnt start...

Plus he's our best defender
  • Beta
    Options
    Oh wait...our team is deep.... J rich can just start at SF... B)B)B)

• Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Michael Jordan on NBA Superteams: '28 Teams That Are Going to Be Garbage'

Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan said in an interview with Cigar Aficionado that he is concerned about the NBA's superteam era.

"I think it's going to hurt the overall aspect of the league from a competitive standpoint," he said (h/t Ben Golliver of SI.com). "You're going to have one or two teams that are going to be great, and another 28 teams that are going to be garbage. Or they're going to have a tough time surviving in the business environment."

While the superteam trend has absolutely brought on its own set of concerns in recent years—and while another Warriors title feels like an inevitability barring major injuries to the team—the crazy 2017 offseason set up an NBA season that would appear to have more than a few excellent teams.

khq6ax1p4m40.gif

• Beta
    Options
    Owner of the hornets said the hornets are gonna be garbage...

Think about that the next time you talk about the heat
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These old ? need to understand the young generation wanna control their own destiny and win rings while doing it. Ain't nobody trying to be like Dirk. Taking pay cuts just to be a 13th seed lmao
  • HarlemNY
    HarlemNY Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
    Options
    Its about that time. If anyone need NBA League Pass let me know
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HarlemNY wrote: »
    Its about that time. If anyone need NBA League Pass let me know

I got you
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan is right tho. I been sayin that for years meh
  • Beta
    Options
    Randolph and Allen, who made up Memphis’ “Core Four” along with Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, both had expressed a strong desire to stay in Memphis. However, sources said the Grizzlies never made an offer to either player in free agency this summer. Allen signed a one-year deal with the Pelicans for the veteran’s minimum of $2.3 million. – via ESPN
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan played on a super team though.

Difference is, the warriors are a super team but Bron is the best player in the league.

The Bulls were a super team AND Jordan was the best player the league, and best player ever.

So what are we really saying?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it is funny that he is saying it though, cause he was the main one not moving the ball in Cleveland..ha ha

(glad he seems happy in boston though.)
  • AZTG
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Jordan played on a super team though.

Difference is, the warriors are a super team but Bron is the best player in the league.

The Bulls were a super team AND Jordan was the best player the league, and best player ever.

So what are we really saying?

Calling that late 90's Bulls team a 'super team' is a serious stretch.

Compare those 90s team at their peak to other teams that were their competition.

Plus they had the best player ever, plus a top 3-5 coach of all time, plus great role players. Im not gonna go and name every person in the roster, but that 90s Bulls team was a super team.

So were the Lakers and the Celtics in the 80s.

The NBA in the modern era almost always had 2-3 super teams dominate.

Now we can have a debate and say most of them were built organically through the draft and today established players are just teaming up with each other and how thats either right or wrong, but super teama dominating the NBA aint nothing new is all im saying.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not this back in the day ? again
  • AZTG
    Options
    The bulls were not a super team.

dxemfp7ogyi9.jpg

whole top row full of bums besides kukoc,bottom row everybody besides jordan & pippen(barely) were role,players and rodman was 35-36

80's Lakers,C's current warriors super teams

So you gonna tell me that having Randy Brown and John Salley didnt make them a super team?

Nah but for real, I'm not holding the 90s bulls to todays standards for super teams, but im comparing them to teams in their era, and if you compare those Bulls to their top competition, the Bulls were more talented at the top and had better role players.

? it though, agree to disagree. The definition of superteam changed when Durant went to the warriors cause now teams that were thought to be superteams in the past dont even seem to be superteams when compared to them, which people are doing.

My main point is even though I know understand where Jordan is coming from, the NBA has historically always had 2-5 good teams, and the rest of the league didnt have a chance.

The NBA is not like the NFL and MLB where any team can get hot at the right team and win.

I do agree that with the Warriors the league has even less parity than it usually does, but overall this trend isnt new to the NBA.