The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo,i'm on Kodi looking for IT(can't find a copy),and under one of the copies of IT is a shaky copy of Ragnorok,

Surtur looks dope AF !
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I'm more excited for Thor than I am for justice league

Thor is hella lit , trust me...
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seent it. I dont get the ending thats one hell of a cliffhanger
  • fortyacres
    Options
    Thanos
  • OmegaConflict
    edited October 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Thanos

I hope this is the Last Thor film
    He went full power ? but was no match for a taser.
    Loses everything to Hela
    Odin ran twice
    Loki loses to everyone but steals tesseract
    Its clear idris ilba can not fight.
    ? Asgard let it burn
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanos

Loses everything to Hela
    Odin ran twice
    ? Asgard let it burn

im confused by your incorrect rant...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos

Loses everything to Hela
    Odin ran twice
    ? Asgard let it burn

im confused by your incorrect rant...

Hes trolling he didn't see that ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    They are apparently planning iron man 4 with the real mandarin and that may be RDJ's curtain call
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are apparently planning iron man 4 with the real mandarin and that may be RDJ's curtain call

I don't think that'll happen. I think iw2 will be Downey and Evans retiring
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It’s not. Happening
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont know why but the thor movies are the only ones i havent gone to see in theaters. All the others i go opening night. Kinda glad i watched the bootleg though cuz i unno i wasnt feeling this movie.
    It didnt really have all that much action until the thor/hulk fight which was an hour in and that was short. After that we didnt get much action til the Hela fight, and she didnt feel like all that much of a threat either. I expected more screen time for her. I didnt get her motivation either, what did she want to sword to the bi frost for? Also was it necessary for thor to become Odin just to be king? i unno think im canceling my ticks for opening night, this had alot of jokes which were funny but other than that it kinda dragged. Good thing Tessa's sexy ass was there to keep me engaged.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    i dont know why but the thor movies are the only ones i havent gone to see in theaters. All the others i go opening night. Kinda glad i watched the bootleg though cuz i unno i wasnt feeling this movie.
    It didnt really have all that much action until the thor/hulk fight which was an hour in and that was short. After that we didnt get much action til the Hela fight, and she didnt feel like all that much of a threat either. I expected more screen time for her. I didnt get her motivation either, what did she want to sword to the bi frost for? Also was it necessary for thor to become Odin just to be king? i unno think im canceling my ticks for opening night, this had alot of jokes which were funny but other than that it kinda dragged. Good thing Tessa's sexy ass was there to keep me engaged.

What you talmbout ???
    The opening scene was a fight , Thor VS Surtur, The Dragon and the Demons
    Hela vs Thor & Loki in Norway/In the Bi Frost
    Hela against the Asgardians
    Thor vs The Hulk
    Thor and Loki's escape
    The Flight chase scene towards the devil's ?
    Hela vs Thor
    The whole last 45 mins on the bridge

its called pacing and creating story you cant have the whole movie as just one giant fight

Hela is the first born and the heir apparent and Odin's reign in predicated on a lie that he was always benevolent, a good and fair king when he was not, Hela's appetite to conquer and her brutality became too big she had to be contained and banished since Odin had changed, so she has a grudge against her father and wants to contunue her conquering and ruling of the 9 realms under asgardian dictatorship so to speak.

Thor gave up his calm to the throne in Thor The Dark Word to be a guardian of the Earth and an Avenger, he was only thrust in the role of Leader or defecto Protector of asgard only after Odin died and evidently King after Asgard was destroyed.

Hela needed the bi frost sword to directly and efficiently travel to the 9 realms, to put them all under Her asgardian rule.

This is what happens when you watch bootlegs smh...
  • Agrv2385
    edited October 2017
    Options

What you talmbout ???
    Thor vs The Hulk
    Thor and Loki's escape
    Hela vs Thor

its called pacing and creating story you cant have the whole movie as just one giant fight

Hela is the first born and the heir apparent and Odin's reign in predicated on a lie that he was always benevolent, a good and fair king when he was not, Hela's appetite to conquer and her brutality became too big she had to be contained and banished since Odin had changed, so she has a grudge against her father and wants to contunue her conquering and ruling of the 9 realms under asgardian dictatorship so to speak.

Thor gave up his calm to the throne in Thor The Dark Word to be a guardian of the Earth and an Avenger, he was only thrust in the role of Leader or defecto Protector of asgard only after Odin died and evidently King after Asgard was destroyed.

Hela needed the bi frost sword to directly and efficiently travel to the 9 realms, to put them all under Her asgardian rule.

okay those "mini" fights you mentioned lasted all of about 4 mins.
    When she tore through the asgardian army in 2 secs you mean?
    and im talking about combat sequences not action sequences learn the difference. The bootleg doesnt change the movie you ? its just the quality smfh. like theres an extended fight sequence in the movie that isnt in the bootleg gtfoh.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options

What you talmbout ???
    Thor vs The Hulk
    Thor and Loki's escape
    Hela vs Thor

and im talking about combat sequences not action sequences learn the difference. The bootleg doesnt change the movie you ? its just the quality smfh. like theres an extended fight sequence in the movie that isnt in the bootleg gtfoh.

Its rare that movie fight sequences are longer than 5 to 10 minutes at a time its called pacing , thats why DCEU movies for the most part are trash because they think spectacle and big explosions for an hr make a movie (its exhausting and stupid), instead of carefully placed set pieces... This is typical of all marvel franchise set piece sequences. If you want exhausting elongated dumb non exposition fights go watch a Transformers movie or something.

and no you dont understand , context , scope, lacking in sound and quality when you watch trash bootlegs.

its fine you dont like the movie but your criticisms are not valid.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually enjoyed this movie didn’t like the other 2. Marvel got it right with this one though
  • fortyacres
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed this movie didn’t like the other 2. Marvel got it right with this one though

yeah they are batting a good average in my opinion they are 13/17 so far , and 3/3 this year.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Full power ? thor was underwhelming
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options
    eisql31w9irf.jpg

Phase Three has definitely been their strongest out put yet , i dont think they have really misfired since Civil War.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »

yeah they are batting a good average in my opinion they are 13/17 so far , and 3/3 this year.

Only problem I had was

When ol boy went GI joe with the M-16s at the end. In a movie full of alien technology and weapons how does he end up with assault rifles??
  • Agrv2385
    Options

What you talmbout ???
    Thor vs The Hulk
    Thor and Loki's escape
    Hela vs Thor

Its rare that movie fight sequences are longer than 5 to 10 minutes at a time its called pacing , thats why DCEU movies for the most part are trash because they think spectacle and big explosions for an hr make a movie (its exhausting and stupid), instead of carefully placed set pieces... This is typical of all marvel franchise set piece sequences. If you want exhausting elongated dumb non exposition fights go watch a Transformers movie or something.

and no you dont understand , context , scope, lacking in sound and quality when you watch trash bootlegs.

its fine you dont like the movie but your criticisms are not valid.

because you dont agree doesnt make it invalid. plus i could really give a ? what you think i didnt post on here looking for your approval. its my OPINION thats why you aint gotta agree. You cant tell me Hela wasnt a weak ass under utilized villain AGAIN and if you are youre just bullshitting yourself.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah , all of the post are in spoilers how refreshing!
  • Agrv2385
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thor: Ragnarok ‘Failed Miserably’ in Early Cuts

“It was very tricky. We spent a lot of time in post-production, actually, figuring that out. It’s a very hard thing to strike that balance throughout two hours and 30 minutes, however many minutes this thing is, for that much time that you’re engaging in a film.”

As Waititi states, landing the right balance in any film is tough. A blockbuster can present particular challenges, especially one that’s equal part cosmic spectacle and comedy. Of course, Waititi isn’t afraid to say that the early cuts of the film weren’t just weak, but actually somewhat of a disaster:

“So we failed miserably and had a funny first 10 minutes and then a super-boring rest of the movie. But that’s luckily why you have such a long time in post-production, because you can test all these things out and get the very best film that you can.”

and this review said the same thing, i guess he watched a bootleg too huh? Just cause someone doesnt agree with your punk ass viewpoint dont mean theyre wrong.
    after all these years and films, is Thor exactly? And what really mattered to him here in this film? Asgard’s very existence being at stake never seems to emotionally register with him as much as it should. He doesn’t have any real arc to speak of here in Ragnarok; there are opportunities to explore some depth between Thor and Hela that the movie deflects in favor of moving on to the next set-piece or gag.

It’s apparent that Thor: Ragnarok isn’t as invested in Asgard as it is in Sakaar, despite Ragnarok being part of the film’s title.

That’s another big problem with Thor: Ragnarok, outside of its preference for Sakaar over Asgard. The movie rushes through so much, treating everything so breezily and facetiously, that it undercuts any real sense of importance or menace offered by the notion of the end of all things. When Big Dramatic Moments do happen — and there are a few — they’re jarringly weightless. This is Diet Ragnarok.

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now ya pretentious ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Thor: Ragnarok ‘Failed Miserably’ in Early Cuts

“It was very tricky. We spent a lot of time in post-production, actually, figuring that out. It’s a very hard thing to strike that balance throughout two hours and 30 minutes, however many minutes this thing is, for that much time that you’re engaging in a film.”

As Waititi states, landing the right balance in any film is tough. A blockbuster can present particular challenges, especially one that’s equal part cosmic spectacle and comedy. Of course, Waititi isn’t afraid to say that the early cuts of the film weren’t just weak, but actually somewhat of a disaster:

“So we failed miserably and had a funny first 10 minutes and then a super-boring rest of the movie. But that’s luckily why you have such a long time in post-production, because you can test all these things out and get the very best film that you can.”

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now.

Source? I see nothing but positive reviews everywhere online