The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    eisql31w9irf.jpg

Phase Three has definitely been their strongest out put yet , i dont think they have really misfired since Civil War.

You think Civil War was a misfire? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    Thor: Ragnarok ‘Failed Miserably’ in Early Cuts

“It was very tricky. We spent a lot of time in post-production, actually, figuring that out. It’s a very hard thing to strike that balance throughout two hours and 30 minutes, however many minutes this thing is, for that much time that you’re engaging in a film.”

As Waititi states, landing the right balance in any film is tough. A blockbuster can present particular challenges, especially one that’s equal part cosmic spectacle and comedy. Of course, Waititi isn’t afraid to say that the early cuts of the film weren’t just weak, but actually somewhat of a disaster:

“So we failed miserably and had a funny first 10 minutes and then a super-boring rest of the movie. But that’s luckily why you have such a long time in post-production, because you can test all these things out and get the very best film that you can.”

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now.

I'm not really sure this supports your stance. He was talking about the road they had to take to get to the finished product. You're talking about the finished product. It doesn't matter if he had a hard time balancing the movie if, in the end, most people who watch it believe he got it right.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“It was very tricky. We spent a lot of time in post-production, actually, figuring that out. It’s a very hard thing to strike that balance throughout two hours and 30 minutes, however many minutes this thing is, for that much time that you’re engaging in a film.”

As Waititi states, landing the right balance in any film is tough. A blockbuster can present particular challenges, especially one that’s equal part cosmic spectacle and comedy. Of course, Waititi isn’t afraid to say that the early cuts of the film weren’t just weak, but actually somewhat of a disaster:

“So we failed miserably and had a funny first 10 minutes and then a super-boring rest of the movie. But that’s luckily why you have such a long time in post-production, because you can test all these things out and get the very best film that you can.”

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now.

Source? I see nothing but positive reviews everywhere online

Its saying that the Thor Movie changed a lot in Post production. After the final edit they added something like 30 minutes to it from one of the articles i read on comicbook.com

remember awhile back there was that rumor that Thor Ragnarok was the shortest marvel film to date? Changed that up in post production
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    eisql31w9irf.jpg

Phase Three has definitely been their strongest out put yet , i dont think they have really misfired since Civil War.

You think Civil War was a misfire? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

I'm not really sure this supports your stance. He was talking about the road they had to take to get to the finished product. You're talking about the finished product. It doesn't matter if he had a hard time balancing the movie if, in the end, most people who watch it believe he got it right.

i meant that they have been hitting home runs including Civil War
  • fortyacres
    Options

and this review said the same thing, i guess he watched a bootleg too huh? Just cause someone doesnt agree with your punk ass viewpoint dont mean theyre wrong.
    after all these years and films, is Thor exactly? And what really mattered to him here in this film? Asgard’s very existence being at stake never seems to emotionally register with him as much as it should. He doesn’t have any real arc to speak of here in Ragnarok; there are opportunities to explore some depth between Thor and Hela that the movie deflects in favor of moving on to the next set-piece or gag.

It’s apparent that Thor: Ragnarok isn’t as invested in Asgard as it is in Sakaar, despite Ragnarok being part of the film’s title.

That’s another big problem with Thor: Ragnarok, outside of its preference for Sakaar over Asgard. The movie rushes through so much, treating everything so breezily and facetiously, that it undercuts any real sense of importance or menace offered by the notion of the end of all things. When Big Dramatic Moments do happen — and there are a few — they’re jarringly weightless. This is Diet Ragnarok.

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now ya pretentious ? .

last time checked early cuts are not the final cut and no director is ever happy with an unfinished product, and from Interview ALL the interviews Taiki Wahititi and Cast are happy with the final product and film critics and fans alike...

i think you are being the pretentious ? but hey its your prerogative to go against the grain.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options

and this review said the same thing, i guess he watched a bootleg too huh? Just cause someone doesnt agree with your punk ass viewpoint dont mean theyre wrong.
    after all these years and films, is Thor exactly? And what really mattered to him here in this film? Asgard’s very existence being at stake never seems to emotionally register with him as much as it should. He doesn’t have any real arc to speak of here in Ragnarok; there are opportunities to explore some depth between Thor and Hela that the movie deflects in favor of moving on to the next set-piece or gag.

It’s apparent that Thor: Ragnarok isn’t as invested in Asgard as it is in Sakaar, despite Ragnarok being part of the film’s title.

That’s another big problem with Thor: Ragnarok, outside of its preference for Sakaar over Asgard. The movie rushes through so much, treating everything so breezily and facetiously, that it undercuts any real sense of importance or menace offered by the notion of the end of all things. When Big Dramatic Moments do happen — and there are a few — they’re jarringly weightless. This is Diet Ragnarok.

Even the director admits he had a hard time pacing and balancing the movie. So feel free to go ? yourself now ya pretentious ? .

last time checked early cuts are not the final cut and no director is ever happy with an unfinished product, and from Interview ALL the interviews Taiki Wahititi and Cast are happy with the final product and film critics and fans alike...

i think you are being the pretentious ? but hey its your prerogative to go against the grain.

and your general consensus on how fans feel about the movie came from where exactly?? did you do a survey or some ? . because its not out in america yet and from what ive read so far not everyone is in agreement on this movie so please enlighten since you seem to have a pulse on how the world feels about this movie....

The people below who've seen the movie seem to disagree with you as well. Do your research before you comment, just cuz your 5 lil buddies on the ave like it doesnt mean the world does or has to agree with you..

"Personally i still feel the same way as i did. They really should have come up with a new original title all together. For being called ragarok, they barely showed any of it. Hela needed way more screen time imo. It was less of ragnarok, and more of thor getting his mojo back, and realizing he holds the power not his hammer, eerily similar to the austin powers goldmember movie"

"I agree with pretty much everything in this review and even as I walked out I felt really underwhelmed. As a story and a hero movie its quite predictable and tired.
    Yet it really did have a lot of charm and fun to it. I feel like i could enjoy watching it multiple times. Not for the story or anything other than the characters and set designs."

"The director openly stated that this is a comedy and I have no problem with that. Obviously it is still a superhero film and thus it had lots action (and other prerequisites of that genre) but first and foremost it felt like a comedy. So perhaps it is best judged next to things like The Hangover rather than The Godfather. It didn’t seem to be designed to create real tension or to move me to tears."

"Apparently the only thing that renders The ? of ? THUNDER useless is a shocker type thing attached to his neck. This movie wasn't a superhero comic come to life, but a ? cartoon with a series of jokes, many of which fell flat and felt forced. Superhero movies are turning into one big joke thats just too loud and too stupid to swallow anymore, even by kids. I've seen many better Pixar animations, cartoons where the hues are just as colorful, but the stories are way more meaningful. No one will remember this one in a decade, much less watch it."

so try again homie.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options

and your general consensus on how fans feel about the movie came from where exactly?? did you do a survey or some ? . because its not out in america yet and from what ive read so far not everyone is in agreement on this movie so please enlighten since you seem to have a pulse on how the world feels about this movie....

The people below who've seen the movie seem to disagree with you as well. Do your research before you comment, just cuz your 5 lil buddies on the ave like it doesnt mean the world does or has to agree with you..

"Personally i still feel the same way as i did. They really should have come up with a new original title all together. For being called ragarok, they barely showed any of it. Hela needed way more screen time imo. It was less of ragnarok, and more of thor getting his mojo back, and realizing he holds the power not his hammer, eerily similar to the austin powers goldmember movie"

"I agree with pretty much everything in this review and even as I walked out I felt really underwhelmed. As a story and a hero movie its quite predictable and tired.
    Yet it really did have a lot of charm and fun to it. I feel like i could enjoy watching it multiple times. Not for the story or anything other than the characters and set designs."

"The director openly stated that this is a comedy and I have no problem with that. Obviously it is still a superhero film and thus it had lots action (and other prerequisites of that genre) but first and foremost it felt like a comedy. So perhaps it is best judged next to things like The Hangover rather than The Godfather. It didn’t seem to be designed to create real tension or to move me to tears."

"Apparently the only thing that renders The ? of ? THUNDER useless is a shocker type thing attached to his neck. This movie wasn't a superhero comic come to life, but a ? cartoon with a series of jokes, many of which fell flat and felt forced. Superhero movies are turning into one big joke thats just too loud and too stupid to swallow anymore, even by kids. I've seen many better Pixar animations, cartoons where the hues are just as colorful, but the stories are way more meaningful. No one will remember this one in a decade, much less watch it."

so try again homie.

last time i checked the movie is out a week in South America , Europe , Australian/Oceania & Asia.

and people have given it very positive reviews , so yeah im going with general consensus .

wow look , I can do what you just did and pick a bunch of ? who just liked it as much you and your ilk hated it...
    srqmtl6o972x.jpeg
    5dr79gwvc7i2.jpeg
    lrm4fe13d9cb.jpeg
    8pqjbxopcy8c.jpeg

so you try again and hit me up in 10 years then negrodumbass.
  • Agrv2385
    Options

so try again homie.

last time i checked the movie is out a week in South America , Europe , Australian/Oceania & Asia.

and people have given it very positive reviews , so yeah im going with general consensus .

so you try again homie.

ahh okay i didnt realize you had a direct line to all the people in those countries so they can give you a general consensus. did you do like a door to door census?? my bad ? .......not my fault you follow like a sheep and cant formulate your own opinion. I just gave you legit quotes from people who saw the movie and didnt like it, yet you know what people all around the world feel about the movie. give it a rest bruh you reaching. im done here, no arguing logic with an illogical person.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options

so try again homie.

so you try again homie.

ahh okay i didnt realize you had a direct line to all the people in those countries so they can give you a general consensus. did you do like a door to door census?? my bad ? .......not my fault you follow like a sheep and cant formulate your own opinion. I just gave you legit quotes from people who saw the movie and didnt like it, yet you know what people all around the world feel about the movie. give it a rest bruh you reaching. im done here, no arguing logic with an illogical person.

we are all sheep and obsequious for liking Thor Ragnorak , ? forbid we do that lest we be called Marvel Zombies and not seeing the ? you call reason

how enlightened of you to deem others illogical while you are the worthy logical one , lmao...

as you were with your bootlegs...

• Agrv2385
    edited October 2017
    Options

so try again homie.

so you try again homie.

we are all sheep and obsequious for liking Thor Ragnorak , ? forbid we do that lest we be called Marvel Zombies and not seeing the ? you call reason

how enlightened of you to deem others illogical while you are the worthy logical one , lmao...

as you were with your bootlegs...

actually i watched the bootleg by choice. ive already got my ticks to thor, justice league and star wars, i go see them all on opening night. So get it right ? dont act like you know me, trying to seem like you all enlightened and ? . i didnt call nobody a sheep but YOU, cause aint no one else got a problem with my OPINION but your punk ass. so if you dont like or agree with my opinion then skip right on over it ? , cause you the only ? around here gettin hoe-motional just cuz a ? didnt like thor. Get a life, aside from taking polls across the continents about who did and didnt like the movie, ? loser. Ill still be there opening night to watch it cuz i got it like that, while your ? ass is out in the cold standing in front of the theater trying to get a general consensus from the audience. I can see your ? ass now....."scuse me sir whatd you think of thor? what?? you didnt like it, what the ? is wrong with you!?! It got rave reviews in Austria and Zimbabwe!" Point is the movie was weak to me, it was more of a comedy than an action flick, and only had 2 really engaging action sequences. It was more about setting up the next joke than ragnarok which is supposed to be the end of times. Given that this movie was being compared to winter soldier in how it would shake up the cinematic universe it was a let down. The movie was more focused on planet hulk and sakaar.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    You two should meet up and fight.

Over Thor lmao
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Thor rotten tomatoe scores was like in the high 90s since this weekend. This movie is getting praised .
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    You two should meet up and fight.

l47hraas2vz0.jpeg
    im ready , for asgard.

lmao how you comin to scrap in some icy bottom 11's tho???
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Thor rotten tomatoe scores was like in the high 90s since this weekend. This movie is getting praised .

Tell that to this ? who swear it's getting ? on
  • Agrv2385
    edited October 2017
    Options

Tell that to this ? who swear it's getting ? on

weve all moved on ? let it go. its my opinion and no matter how many ? times you tell me how great it is, its not gonna change my mind. I aint gotta agree with you get over it. you like the ? ?? then thats all that matters, dont matter what i think. smfh ? aint never heard the sayin agree to disagree i guess.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    If only the mcu were to make this possible

2fi04s93qquj.jpg

No that’s when marvel really fell off

I agree, I liked the first 2 issues then the rest was wack.

Cyclopse's "then respectfully, get the hell off my island." *blasts cap*

Was the highlight haha.

I just finished reading this and I see why this was hated . it was good until that manipulative ? Emma frost got inside namor's head and amped him up to go and destroy wakanda. Smh at tony thinking he could destroy the phoenix d causing the phoenix force to device ad posses the other x men instead of hope. Even worse the book made cyclops and captain america look like ? . Cyke killed proffesor x cap wouldn't leave the x men alone while they was making the world a better place. Also it caused black panther and storm to break up.What I did like was the fighting DAMN at namor breaking red hulks arm and tossing him out like trash. The shinning moment of the series was spiderman out witting colossus and majik making them turn on each other after being beaten to a pulp.
    Now as for movie that would be a bad idea but what about a video game like saw a fighting game like marvel vs capcom or ultimate alliance 3. If you choose to fight with the x men you will face shield agents milotary and police along with all the famous non mutant heroes as bosses and mini bosses. If you choose the avengers you'll fight the generic soldier class mutant students from the jean grey school and Emma frost hellions wearing their training outfits and will have to face off against famous x men characters.
    One last thing I remember in the x vs a thread there was big splash page with all the avengers on the helicarrier having a meeting. Jessica Jones wast here holding luke cage's baby and storm was holding hands with black panther then all oa sudden storm looks disappointed and she fly's off heading back to the jean grey school. What book was that?
  • fortyacres
    Options
    I aint know Jennifer Connelly was Karen (the voice for for Spidermayne’s suit)
  • Splackavelli
    Options

That's cool I hope he doesn't use stark technology in the future especially simcehe decided to be his own man.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Somebody watched honest trailers today
  • Splackavelli
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

That's cool I hope he doesn't use stark technology in the future especially simcehe decided to be his own man.

In the comics Parker turned out to be just like Stark. Billionaire tech inventor and his new suit is basically the suit for the latest Spiderman movie.

Spider man is not a millionaire any more. Lose the damn stark technology I want to see spiderman not ironman Jr. That was the point of the story to show that the hero is in him not the suit. I don't want to see all that CGI HUD ? in a spiderman movie. Once is enough. I mean damn he just became spiderman 6months prior to the story its too soon.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Somebody watched honest trailers today

Its in the credits
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

In the comics Parker turned out to be just like Stark. Billionaire tech inventor and his new suit is basically the suit for the latest Spiderman movie.

Spider man is not a millionaire any more. Lose the damn stark technology I want to see spiderman not ironman Jr. That was the point of the story to show that the hero is in him not the suit. I don't want to see all that CGI HUD ? in a spiderman movie. Once is enough. I mean damn he just became spiderman 6months prior to the story its too soon.

I'll tell Kevin Feige to make the movies how you want to see em and only you
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Btw, got my imax tix
  • Splackavelli
    Options

I'll tell Kevin Feige to make the movies how you want to see em and only you

Good, do that. B)