The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    You two should meet up and fight.

one dresses up like thor the other dresses up like hulk
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching Thor now. Its pretty good, but than the other Thors by far. Funniest movie in the MCU too.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna post anything about the movie until Monday so people can see.

All I'll say is ? is freaking hilarious and entertaining.

Best Thor movie
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Also people went insane for the black panther trailer, I'm surprised people haven't scene it
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Also people went insane for the black panther trailer, I'm surprised people haven't scene it

I was surprised too. same with some of the parts from Ragnorak that were in the trailers, I laughed out loud the first time I seen them but since I'd seen them multiple times by the time I seen the film I was just entertained, but some people obviously hadn't seen the parts cause they were dying.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A lot of people don't spend time on the internet as much as you think. Its a good thing to go into these movies blind.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i went and saw it in imax 3d last night. It didnt really change my impression of it at all, ragnarok should be the end of times, there should feel like some real stakes, but everything was made light of and downplayed by the comedy. Dont get me wrong it was funny, there was just too much comedy. I love the thor and hulk banter though, that ? was genuinely hurt when he said earth hates him lol. The comic book fan in me is glad i went and saw it though, i forget how amazing they look. ? Surtur in 3d was dope, and Hela was hella sexy. Tessa though.... i could stare at her all ? day with her sexy ass, def could use seeing some more of her. Those ? dimples when she smiles beautiful! the justice league trailer in imax had me grinnin though. Cant wait to see the gawds on the silver screen finally.

oh and....
    Kevin Feige Confirms Thor: Ragnarok Credits Scene
    By Ana Dumaraog 23 mins ago

Yes, that is the Thanos’ ship looming on the smaller one the people of Asgard are aboard by the end of Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel boss, Kevin Feige confirms. The ? of Thunder’s latest solo outing is finally out in theaters, giving fans the opportunity to see what Ragnarok brings to the comic book movie table. As always with Marvel films, there are a couple of post-credits stingers, and for those who are still unsure what the mid-credit scene means, we can now definitively say that that massive ship is indeed the base station of the feared mad Titan.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was a good watch and funny but thor is so depowered. does he lose his eye in the comics? i wish herra and surtur fight was longer and epic it was a,easy L and kinda a letdown.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was good
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I had a awesome time watching this, Thor finally gets that power-up
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    So apparently they're changing it up and Hell's isn't Loki's daughter in this universe like she is/was in the comics

And Norse mythology
  • Focal Point
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    i dont know why but the thor movies are the only ones i havent gone to see in theaters. All the others i go opening night. Kinda glad i watched the bootleg though cuz i unno i wasnt feeling this movie.
    It didnt really have all that much action until the thor/hulk fight which was an hour in and that was short. After that we didnt get much action til the Hela fight, and she didnt feel like all that much of a threat either. I expected more screen time for her. I didnt get her motivation either, what did she want to sword to the bi frost for? Also was it necessary for thor to become Odin just to be king? i unno think im canceling my ticks for opening night, this had alot of jokes which were funny but other than that it kinda dragged. Good thing Tessa's sexy ass was there to keep me engaged.

What you talmbout ???
    The opening scene was a fight , Thor VS Surtur, The Dragon and the Demons
    Hela vs Thor & Loki in Norway/In the Bi Frost
    Hela against the Asgardians
    Thor vs The Hulk
    Thor and Loki's escape
    The Flight chase scene towards the devil's ?
    Hela vs Thor
    The whole last 45 mins on the bridge

its called pacing and creating story you cant have the whole movie as just one giant fight

Hela is the first born and the heir apparent and Odin's reign in predicated on a lie that he was always benevolent, a good and fair king when he was not, Hela's appetite to conquer and her brutality became too big she had to be contained and banished since Odin had changed, so she has a grudge against her father and wants to contunue her conquering and ruling of the 9 realms under asgardian dictatorship so to speak.

Thor gave up his calm to the throne in Thor The Dark Word to be a guardian of the Earth and an Avenger, he was only thrust in the role of Leader or defecto Protector of asgard only after Odin died and evidently King after Asgard was destroyed.

Hela needed the bi frost sword to directly and efficiently travel to the 9 realms, to put them all under Her asgardian rule.

This is what happens when you watch bootlegs smh...
    Hela wanted the Bi Frost access so she could conquer even more realms than the 9 her and Odin did. She was mad he stopped at 9
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Prolly the best marvel movie out of the 3 this yr
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    it was a good watch and funny but thor is so depowered. does he lose his eye in the comics? i wish herra and surtur fight was longer and epic it was a,easy L and kinda a letdown.
    he literally just realized his full potential powers in the 3rd act how yall expect him to be godbody like that?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he literally just realized his full potential powers in the 3rd act how yall expect him to be godbody like that?

Not an excuse for a ?
  • Focal Point
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed this movie didn’t like the other 2. Marvel got it right with this one though

yeah they are batting a good average in my opinion they are 13/17 so far , and 3/3 this year.

Only problem I had was

When ol boy went GI joe with the M-16s at the end. In a movie full of alien technology and weapons how does he end up with assault rifles??
    in the beginning he shows you all the items he's collected while controlling Bi Frost
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got his eye knocked off
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Still Heimdall is/has an infinity gem. I dunno if he's infused with it or what but I'm still convinced of it
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually enjoyed this movie didn’t like the other 2. Marvel got it right with this one though

yeah they are batting a good average in my opinion they are 13/17 so far , and 3/3 this year.

Only problem I had was

When ol boy went GI joe with the M-16s at the end. In a movie full of alien technology and weapons how does he end up with assault rifles??
    in the beginning he shows you all the items he's collected while controlling Bi Frost

Guess that’s what I get for watching the bootleg lol
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Still Heimdall is/has an infinity gem. I dunno if he's infused with it or what but I'm still convinced of it

No he doesn't, he just has all father sight. Odin could of given it to someone else but he trust hiemdall
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My big takeaway:

I want to fornicate with Hela. The white man won.