The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    There was no reason to reinvent the wheel with this New Mutant movie. It's a story about a group of teens with powers no more no less. I'm sure they're going to use Magiks demon ability to be the villian of this movie. Going by the trailer it's going to be a dark movie and that will shut out the younger kids from seeing a movie like this especially a teen X-Men (basically that's what New Mutants are)

Hope I'm wrong but doesn't look like it from the trailer. It's too much source material for Fox to try to change this group. Let them be what they are a bunch of teens who got powers but not good enough to be on the big boy team ie X-men

I agree what they are doing is very disrespectful to the source material and they are just going to throw them into a storyline event. whats their origin. where do they come from who are they etc. this is the franchise that introduced Deadpool, cable and domino. the remaining members formed the first x-force team. they are too big to twist like this. I grew up reading new mutants. the movies don't have to match the comics page for page but show some love for the source material at least.
  • Splackavelli
    edited October 2017
    Options
    this video explains perfectly who the new mutants are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3fuVjNCbw
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The New Mutants is being planned as a trilogy, and it takes place in the modern day. (Same time as Deadpool.)

Also, it is going to connect to the X-Men movies, but the director is tight lipped about it.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

The New Mutants is being planned as a trilogy, and it takes place in the modern day. (Same time as Deadpool.)

Also, it is going to connect to the X-Men movies, but the director is tight lipped about it.

Yeah sure, whatever :/
  • black caesar
    Options

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/13/new-mutants-x-men-universe-new-characters/
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched the 1st episode last night. I'm digging it. About to watch episode 2 right now.

Is the homie Legion in this one???
  • Splackavelli
    Options

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/13/new-mutants-x-men-universe-new-characters/

Man i just don't care
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Man i'm just not hyped for this movie
  • black caesar
    Options
    Just watched the 1st episode last night. I'm digging it. About to watch episode 2 right now.

Is the homie Legion in this one???

No. Not only that, there will never be a crossover between Legion and The Gifted due to being in alternate dimensions.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Logan' Spinoff Movie About X-23 Being Scripted

Logan may have been the last time Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine, but it may not be the last fans have seen of Dafne Keen as X-23.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Logan director James Mangold revealed that he is working on a script for a potential spinoff film about Laura, Wolverine’s clone.

"We're just working on a script," Mangold said of the project.

While a script in the making is not the same thing as a movie being put into production – there’s a long walk between point A and point B in that process – Mangold believes the success of DC Films’ Wonder Woman may lead to more films focused on other female heroes like Laura.

"Patty [Jenkins]'s success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist," Mangold says. "The more that keeps getting hit home, that ends up giving me more space turning around and going, 'Well here we are with a female protagonist. That's incredible. And what are we going to do with her?' And that's where we are with that [the Laura script] right now, dreaming."

The last time the idea of an X-23 spinoff movie was mentioned was when Logan producer Hutch Parker simply said that it was a possibility.

“Anything is possible," Parker said. "I think part of the fun of this universe is, as it’s expanded and it’s gotten more off-shoots, there are ways to potentially explore X-23 further. It’s something we’ve been talking about a little bit and have, frankly, going back a bit. So that’s a possibility.”

Logan currently has an 87.5 ComicBook.com Composite Score, the second highest ComicBook.com composite score of any comic book movie.

Logan also has a 4.48 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Rating, making it the highest rated comic book movie ever among ComicBook.com Users. Let us know what you thought of Logan by giving the film your own personal ComicBook.com User Rating below.

Logan is now available in home media.

Upcoming X-Men movies include The New Mutants, opening April 13, 2018, Deadpool 2, opening June 1, 2018, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, opening November 2, 2018, and Gambit, opening February 14, 2019.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/24/logan-x-23-spinoff-x-men-movies/
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 X Men films in one year?

I get the feeling something's getting pushed back
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 X Men films in one year?

I get the feeling something's getting pushed back

LOL NO HYPE WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fox is on a mission to milk the ? out of x-men/mutants till it's dry. Then they will give it back to marvel. Just running the ? into the ground with all this randomness. Then they don't even try to at least halfway stick to the source material. These ? are clearly not true fans. They are just people who see some ? that they can play around with that already has a brand. Also make a bunch of money off of it. ? should be ? you off if you really are any kind of fan.

Lots of talks about the fantastic four coming back to marvel though. Hope it's true!! We need galctus and the silver surfer for the infinity war.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Mutants is a thing that doesn't really need to exist. It's like making a Young Avengers or Future Foundation movie
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    New Mutants is a thing that doesn't really need to exist. It's like making a Young Avengers or Future Foundation movie

I agree, unless this will be a new team of xmen in future films.

Gotta admit though them making it kind of a horror movie has me intrigued.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

I agree, unless this will be a new team of xmen in future films.

Gotta admit though them making it kind of a horror movie has me intrigued.

I think a lot of people are taken in by the horror aspect. I do wonder how it will go.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Fox is looking to sell. Disney's willing to bid. Talks are at a standstill.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Not Happy about Disney buying Fox , its bad for film and TV creativity in my opinion.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Not Happy about Disney buying Fox , its bad for film and TV creativity in my opinion.

Im happy they already bought out Lucas film which is partnered with fox studios to make starwars. disney: " I feel the hatred swelling you strike me down fox studios and your journey towards the dark side will be complete." :naughty:

spmkl2rvonnq.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

It is. But I don't know if it'll be easy. I would think antitrust laws would play an angle. DOJ is threatening to ? the AT&T and Time Warner merger for similar reasons.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard disney was only interested in the news and sports division not the film
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

the cant buy that , coz that would be a monopoly.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thats what they couldn't buy. Disney obviously wants the marvel characters back but they'll probably have to pay a little more. Im thinking they lowballed fox
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard 2pac was alive and well in hawaii
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options