Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bossdon201 wrote: »
    Cacs are ? . A client of mine who works for Giants Staidum told me that the fans are planning a walk out protest. So I asked him if it’s prior to the game. He says no. So they’re really gonna purchase tickets and then walk out lmao

uf89gi9o449b.gif

q9uxrpgsucbk.gif

I swear you can't make this ? up. Lol!!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Next to Bala was a gray-haired man who told me he voted for Trump and was happy so far because “he’s kept his promises.”

I asked which ones.

“Border security.” But there’s no wall yet. “No fault of his,” the man said.

What else? “Getting rid of Obamacare.” But he hasn’t. “Well, he’s tried to.”

What else? “Defunding Planned Parenthood.” But he didn’t. “Not his fault again,” the man said.

I asked for his name. “Bill K.,” he said. He wouldn’t give me his last name. “I don’t trust you,” he said.

More than anything, what seemed to upset the people I spoke with was the National Football League players who have knelt during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

“As far as I’m concerned,” Frear told me, “if I was the boss of these teams, I would tell ’em, ‘You get your ? out there and you play, or you’re not here anymore.’ They’re paying their salaries, for ? ’s sake.”

“Shame on them,” Del Signore said over his alfredo. “These clowns are out there, making millions of dollars a year, and they’re using some stupid excuse that they want equality—so I’ll kneel against the flag and the national anthem?”

“You’re not a fan of equality?” I asked.

“For people who deserve it and earn it,”
    he said. “All my ancestors, Italian, 100 percent Italian, the Irish, Germans, Polish, whatever—they all came over here, settled in places like this, they worked hard and they earned the respect. They earned the success that they got. Some people don’t want to do that. They just want it handed to them.”

“Like NFL players?” I said.

“Well,” Del Signore responded, “I hate to say what the majority of them are …” He stopped himself short of what I thought he was about to say.

Schilling and her husband, however, did not restrain themselves.

“The thing that irritates me to no end is this NFL ? ,” Schilling told me in her living room. “I’m about ready to go over the top with this ? . We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ’em. We don’t watch it.”

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“? for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/08/donald-trump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

lol @ these palookaville cacs, i hope they enjoy ? about the NFL for a year while everyone around them overdoses

Do these muthafuccas realize the damn Irish wasn't welcomed in this country?? Lol!
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://savannahnow.com/news/sports/2017-11-08/espn-s-sage-steele-talks-nfl-protests-importance-veterans-day-prior-parris
    ESPN’s Sage Steele talks NFL protests, importance of Veterans Day prior to Parris Island special

The military and sports have always shared a strong kinship, but those lines have blurred this football season in a way many haven’t seen before.

For “SportsCenter” anchor Sage Steele, whose father was the first African-American to play varsity football at West Point, there is no blur at all.

A lifelong dedication to the men and women in uniform is what makes heading to Parris Island on Friday to co-host a SportsCenter special for Veterans Day from the base so special to Steele, who will be joined by anchors Jay Harris and Randy Scott, who also come from military families.

“Reveille, retreat…when you hear any of those things, you could be driving in your car … if you heard that at any point in the day, you stop your car and you stand at attention,” Steele said. “You put your hand over your heart. It’s that simple.”

The clash between the perceived principles of patriotism and the duty of NFL players as Americans has been at the forefront of the sport since former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick first took a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality.

Steele said she respects the players’ right to protest, but she feels it could be done in a better manner.

“I have that right to disagree, number one, and number two, I want to show what I think is the appropriate way for me and for my children (to respect the anthem),” she added. “I think for a lot of us, we are protective in many ways of those who came before us and exactly what they sacrificed. So we have a lot of work to do in this country and it doesn’t matter what political affiliation you are.”

Awwwww ? , y'all I finally found the perfect reason why the smh button was added. Fantastic.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.fox32chicago.com/sports/facebook-group-calls-for-nfl-boycott-on-veterans-day-weekend
    Facebook group calls for NFL boycott on Veterans Day weekend

A Facebook group with more than 200,000 followers is planning an NFL boycott over Veterans Day weekend.

"We will be not be watching or listening to NFL games on November 12th in solidarity with veterans around the country, as football players have continued to disrespect the national anthem, the American flag, and everything our nation stands for," it says on the Boycott The NFL Facebook page.

"Until millionaire football players stop protesting the National Anthem of the United States, we'll be here," the page says.

Colin Kaepernick started the trend of NFL players refusing to stand for the anthem last year when he played quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, in a protest against racial inequality and police brutality. Although Kaepernick remains a free agent this NFL season, other players and teams have continued to protest, which has been a major source of controversy for the league.

The issue was thrust back into the spotlight in September when President Donald Trump said NFL owners should fire any "son of a b****" who doesn't respect the anthem and flag. He has gone on to call the demonstrations disrespectful and blamed them for the NFL's lower ratings and attendance.

On the Boycott The NFL Facebook page, several social media users explained why they are tuning out.

"I refuse to participate in an event that disrespects the United States of America. I despise anyone who disrespects those that have fought and those that gave their lives for our freedom. Keep taking a knee NFL and you will lose what fans you have left," one person said.

"Enough is enough. Politics and sports do not mix. This is a reminder of the Olympics boycotts in the 70's. Not the proper forum for protests. Fans cannot relate to million dollar cry babies. Get back to the work of entertainment," another wrote.

"I gave up the NFL after watching the first 'kneel' this season. I am done; I thought it would bother me, but College Football keeps me entertained. They allowed this disrespect to go on too long," another user said.

kpnbtnumzedm.gif
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I refuse to participate in an event that disrespects the United States of America. I despise anyone who disrespects those that have fought and those that gave their lives for our freedom. Keep taking a knee NFL and you will lose what fans you have left," one person said.

i would love to see the look on this dudes face...when someone reminds him...that the kneeling in which he thinks is so disrespectful to the military...was the idea of the member of the military

1280_dave_chappelle_chris_rock_snl20161112_2.jpg

giphy.gif

Thats what gets me is nobody ever brings up that fact, why the hell is the media not asking that dudes opinion on this??? We got damn near every celebrity and athletes thoughts cause the ? makes the ? headlines everytime one speaks on it but not the guy who gave him the idea?? Nobody tryna speak to this dude?? Why the ? aint he spoke up on colins behalf??
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

i would love to see the look on this dudes face...when someone reminds him...that the kneeling in which he thinks is so disrespectful to the military...was the idea of the member of the military

giphy.gif

Thats what gets me is nobody ever brings up that fact, why the hell is the media not asking that dudes opinion on this??? We got damn near every celebrity and athletes thoughts cause the ? makes the ? headlines everytime one speaks on it but not the guy who gave him the idea?? Nobody tryna speak to this dude?? Why the ? aint he spoke up on colins behalf??

They did and Nate Boyer the ex Green Beret and Seahawks long snapper said he is challenging Colin to do more. Also he wants Kaep to meet with President 45.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »

giphy.gif

They did and Nate Boyer the ex Green Beret and Seahawks long snapper said he is challenging Colin to do more. Also he wants Kaep to meet with President 45.

What is NATE doing to combat racial injustice and inequality??

Kap is...and has been doing his part.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/11/10/nfl-national-anthem-protests-revere-veterans/
    Veterans To Hold ‘Stand-Out’ Event Against NFL National Anthem Protesters

REVERE (CBS) – Veterans Day weekend marks a time to celebrate those who have served our country.

Instead of watching football this Sunday, local veterans will gather in what they call a “stand-out” against the NFL and the players who continue to kneel during the national anthem.

The event will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the VFW Mottolo Post 4524 in Revere.

Organizers of the event say it is family friendly and will be a single-day protest of the NFL.

They also plan to discuss what the national anthem and the American flag mean to veterans.

Veterans Assisting Veterans is one of the many groups participating in Sunday’s event. President Dennis Moschella is a Vietnam veteran and the commander at the VFW Post in Revere.

Moschella believes the national anthem is a time to respect veterans as well as the flag.

“We want the NFL players to know that we are not happy with them,” he said.

“If you disrespect our flag you disrespect a veteran because a veteran served for that flag and under that flag,” he added.

While most players insist the protest isn’t meant to disrespect the flag or veterans, but instead meant to bring awareness to racial inequality and police brutality in America, Moschella asks to find another time to protest.

“So if they want to do a protest, go to the game, stand with the veterans, salute the flag and don’t play. Go home. Or stay on the sidelines,” he explained.

Other organizations expected to speak are the Military Friends Foundations, Boston Wounded Vet Run, 22Kill, Stride and Ride Relay and The Matthew Patton Foundation.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "We are want this country to actually uphold the ideals it claims to possess."

"You're unpatriotic ungrateful anti-American and traitorous."
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find a repeat myself alot but oh well.. they dont see black people as"heroes" white heroes are mass produced from marvel, to every other movie.. to statutes, from educators. they are depicted as valiant savior as everyone else is not cast in that light.. that ? is infectious.. that wit the fact that they hate us anyway and dont consider or value our thoughts/humanity/ human rights.. its a psychological fog or cover for them to further justify their ignorance.. because we dont "Belong not only certain physical spaces" we dont even belong in imagination, or the consciousness of "Real Americans" as i relates to anything associated with even perceived heroism/honor
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a black vet let me just say... ? that flag. It’s a piece of cloth. These people don’t actually care about disrespect to veterans. It’s mad vets out on the street homeless and these CACs walk right by them every day with a turned up nose to what ever Edomite activity they up to that day.

Same people siding with Trumpito to disrespect the widows and families of non white Gold Star families

How many actually donate to Wounded Warrior or lobby their elected officials to make meaningful changes to the VA?

That flag is just a piece of cloth. It’s allegedly supposed to represent America and all the people in it, INCLUDING US. Supposed to represent the promise of freedom from oppression and equality. Yet this country has and continues to promote and cheer LOUDLY its oppression of so called blacks, hispanics and native Americans. They hand wave and turn a blind eye to our grievances.

All it takes is to sit back and listen when we have legitimate complaints and concerns in this country that is supposed to be ours, too. But they not tryin to hear that tho. Their indifference is deafening.

“This ain’t the time or place.” “Stick to sports.” “I don’t want politics in my games.”

What they’re really saying is “Stay down.”

That flag don’t represent you. And to them your right to life and equality is a matter of “politics” not a ? given right. They not mad about disrespect to vets, the flag or the country.

YOUR FIGHT FOR EQUALITY IS DISRESPECT TO THEIR WHITENESS.

That’s why they fight it tooth and nail. Equality is a threat to white supremacy. That’s what it’s about. If they truly loved what that flag allegedly represented, they would be appalled by what the so called blacks, hispanics and native Americans have been through in this nation and the injustices we continue to suffer.

But they don’t, of course. They’ll continue to feign outrage, talk down on “crybaby millionaire” athletes as if they were born into wealth and haven’t experienced a life of poverty and hardship.

As if they didn’t earn every red cent through a lifetime of hard work and overwhelming talent.

I know I just snapped but I’m just so sick of white people man, I had to get them the ? outta here.

We had a lil mini ceremony at work, where they passed out these lil cheap ass pins for all us veterans to thank us “for our service”.

Y’all wanna thank us then uphold those ? ideals you allegedly stand for. ? that flag and that lapel pin I threw that ? right in the garbage.

great post homie
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haha ? looks like a 70's album cover
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options