The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I loved the movie but it look like it won’t be a financial success as it should
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Now reports say Justice League wont even ? 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting ? on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.

I highly doubt itll do less than 100 mill opening weekend, batman vs superman did way more and was ? on 10x worse by critics than this

That film fell off like 80% in box office after the first week, that wasn't down to the critics my friend, that was the word of mouth from the general public who didn't ? with the film at all, it had virtually no replay value outside of actual fans (saw it myself 2 times in the cinema), but that film was an altogether different beast.

For arguments sake lets say justice league makes 120 opening weekend, which is waaaay down from BVS's 160 odd, i'll guarantee word of mouth will ? this off again in the same way ,not amongst the obvious fans, here in a DC thread on the internet, and maybe not stateside where it has gotten the most positivity, but this really isn't a good enough film to succeed imo.

I love to be proved wrong though so lets see.

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody rate the fight battles on a scale from 1-10
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Now reports say Justice League wont even ? 100 million opening weekend domestically.. welp. If true not good at all..ideally we all want these films to do great and be critically acclaimed. But in my opinion I always felt a movie getting ? on or mixed reviews by critics does less damage than a financial flop does.

If it underperforms financially, will WB still have the incentive to do all these DCEU films with these big budgets? Rumors abound saying Flashpoint film getting done, is based on how well Justice League does at the Box Office.

I highly doubt itll do less than 100 mill opening weekend, batman vs superman did way more and was ? on 10x worse by critics than this

That film fell off like 80% in box office after the first week, that wasn't down to the critics my friend, that was the word of mouth from the general public who didn't ? with the film at all, it had virtually no replay value outside of actual fans (saw it myself 2 times in the cinema), but that film was an altogether different beast.

For arguments sake lets say justice league makes 120 opening weekend, which is waaaay down from BVS's 160 odd, i'll guarantee word of mouth will ? this off again in the same way ,not amongst the obvious fans, here in a DC thread on the internet, and maybe not stateside where it has gotten the most positivity, but this really isn't a good enough film to succeed imo.

I love to be proved wrong though so lets see.

Whatever ? ,the movie will be fine,and ill remembet to@you whenever it crosss $200 milli
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My IMAX showing had 15 people but this was on a Thursday

Most people don't know movies have limited shows the day before release
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alright calm down bro
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not around where I live
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just posting up my weekend movie review for you all. Caught a sneak peak of Justice League. What I can honestly say is that the film is a let down. I was expecting something great and something more impressive then Marvel's Civil War. But, it shows that DC films overcome a Marvel film. Justice League is a so-so action adventure film. The highlight of the film is Wonder Woman and the Flash. The main disappointment of the film is that it doesnt have an actual storyline to it. The film will have the audience questioning on who the villain is in the film. From watching the trailer of the film, the action scenes are all given away. There isnt anything that will have the audience jaw drop. The audience will see that the film is highly predictable. You will know what is coming up next in the film. The film is boring. The trailer itself doesnt want you to rush and go see it. The film overall is 100% CGI which is frustrating for the viewers. The film has a potential of getting a sequel. But it will have to have a better plot to it. Justice League isnt a movie to rush and go see. If your a fan of the characters then i recommend it. I highly advise you to stay during the credits. Middle and end you will get a shocker. Not during the middle but when the credits are over.

Justice League - 6/10 (** stars)
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @beta the movie has been changed so much production wise and then because other backlash from bvs they changed the tone to a light batted feel. Also they cut the movie time down to 30 minutes it wasa totally different movie. The suits behind DC don't know whathey are doing. I think we would've had better film if Zack Snyder stayed on.
    I think DC is still trying to find their footing. JL didn't quite hitthe mark buits a step I'm the right direction. I was hoping to see a darkseid cameo or a glimpse of apokalypse but I guess they are savinall that for a few sequels later. If the after credit is an indication of anything the next movie will be a JL vs injustice league movie. Also there are solo movies coming up for all the team members so there more to look forward to.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Just found out that Ray Fisher (Cyborg) this was his first feature film. Thats a hell of a start.

Yep he's only been in plays prior to this he did pretty well.

Saw the movie today. I was extremely high and that probably effected how I viewed some things, but there was a lot I liked and a lot I disliked. It definitely felt like some scenes were cut short or something. I loved how they jumped right into it though. Superman's return was dope, seeing wizard shazam and a green lantern in action was dope. The jokes were a lot more miss for me than hits. I like that they set up a bunch of possibilities for future films though and the after credits scene was awesome
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    jay83 wrote: »
    Just found out that Ray Fisher (Cyborg) this was his first feature film. Thats a hell of a start.

Yep he's only been in plays prior to this he did pretty well.

Saw the movie today. I was extremely high and that probably effected how I viewed some things, but there was a lot I liked and a lot I disliked. It definitely felt like some scenes were cut short or something. I loved how they jumped right into it though. Superman's return was dope, seeing wizard shazam and a green lantern in action was dope. The jokes were a lot more miss for me than hits. I like that they set up a bunch of possibilities for future films though and the after credits scene was awesome

I wish I was high instead of ? when I saw it.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was entertained the whole movie.

Gal Gadot has my heart
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching now. Will give a review after
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it..
    it was okay..

maybe im odd man out.. dunno dont really follow the thread but I like DC for its dark storyline..
    this one had a Marvel feel to me.. I ? wit the Marvel movies too.. but I go for that.. to laugh see some ass getting kicked..

but DC always came wit a storyline.. was always a more realistic feel.. this movie didnt do it for me..
    im a BatMan fanatic.. but something about Supe cuhz! that ? is THE ? !! aint nnnnnooooooobody ? wit Supes..

the scene wit him against the League was the best fight scene. I feel all the rest could've been better..

overall I give it a 7.
    ? seemed rush and they tryin to catch up to Marvel mission a few steps..
    they need to stick with the formula that got them here..
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished the movie. Tbh this is the best DC movie ive seen in years after the Dark Knight series. Enjoyed all characters except for the Flash. His humor was a bit corny. Cyborg is MVP. Actions scenes have nice visuals but the CGI was a bit unclear to the point youre wondering what happened in the scene. Villain was mediocre. And the flow of the movie scene to scene seemed off at certain points. Overall i give it a 6.5/10. Cool flick but DC can do much better imo
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was trash. Only things i really enjoyed about this movie were the superman scenes. That ? was op in a good way!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    watched it..
    it was okay..

maybe im odd man out.. dunno dont really follow the thread but I like DC for its dark storyline..
    this one had a Marvel feel to me.. I ? wit the Marvel movies too.. but I go for that.. to laugh see some ass getting kicked..

but DC always came wit a storyline.. was always a more realisticfeel.. this movie didnt do it for me..
    im a BatMan fanatic.. but something about Supe cuhz! that ? is THE ? !! aint nnnnnooooooobody ? wit Supes..

the scene wit him against the League was the best fight scene. I feel all the rest could've been better..

overall I give it a 7.

I guess you feel this way because of the Nolan trilogy . in this new dcu they are sticking closer to the source material and cgoing with the more fantastical feel of the comics.. I have a minor complaoimtthat they over did it with the CGI. I wish they had more practical set pieces. You can tell a lot of the sets were green screen in places that could have easily been done on a practical set like that scene whenmnatman took them to that underground abandoned wwII armory. Another reason why this isn't working is because they went the doomsday route so quick in the movies. They should've never killed Superman so early. That could've been done in a later sequel. The way they bought him back was I dunno.....
    I felt it was foolish on Batman's part knowing he could've created another doomsday if this failed but I guess it was done out of desperation and he didn't want his nightmare to come true. I felt like the fight between supes an the team could've been done better if they all decided to rush him at the same time after trying to take him down individually . they brawl for a couple of minutes and that's were loiscomes in. Aquaman was a bit under used IMO. As far as his abilities go. I was expecting him to. Call sea life in for help like have some sharks or killer whales or a giant squid take out some para demons
    all in all the movie was alright but not what it could've been. he sense of urgency or the fate of the earth wasn't there. The stakes didn't feel high enough. I'm not a marvel or a DC guy and I want both of these films to succeed. I give this movie 3and 1/2 ? fox studios out of 5.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved it going again in a half hour
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

CapitalB wrote: »
    watched it..
    it was okay..

but DC always came wit a storyline.. was always a more realisticfeel.. this movie didnt do it for me..

overall I give it a 7.

I guess you feel this way because of the Nolan trilogy . in this new dcu they are sticking closer to the source material and cgoing with the more fantastical feel of the comics.. I have a minor complaoimtthat they over did it with the CGI. I wish they had more practical set pieces. You can tell a lot of the sets were green screen in places that could have easily been done on a practical set like that scene whenmnatman took them to that underground abandoned wwII armory. Another reason why this isn't working is because they went the doomsday route so quick in the movies. They should've never killed Superman so early. That could've been done in a later sequel. The way they bought him back was I dunno.....
    I felt it was foolish on Batman's part knowing he could've created another doomsday if this failed but I guess it was done out of desperation and he didn't want his nightmare to come true. I felt like the fight between supes an the team could've been done better if they all decided to rush him at the same time after trying to take him down individually . they brawl for a couple of minutes and that's were loiscomes in. Aquaman was a bit under used IMO. As far as his abilities go. I was expecting him to. Call sea life in for help like have some sharks or killer whales or a giant squid take out some para demons
    all in all the movie was alright but not what it could've been. he sense of urgency or the fate of the earth wasn't there. The stakes didn't feel high enough. I'm not a marvel or a DC guy and I want both of these films to succeed. I give this movie 3and 1/2 ? fox studios out of 5.

it aint jus the DK series.. u can even reference the cartoon movies DC comes out wit..
    ? jus takes on a more serious tone.. like I said.. I may be the only one who likes that but we already got a Marvel..

we dont need DC tryin to copy..

Marvel's last two joints aint even been that hot to me..
    the Spidey and Thor was jus aiight.. to me its starting to seem gimmicky.. they dont go deep enough..
    im hopin Black Panther takes on a more serious tone..

but yeh..
    im not here to bash.. movie was cool..
    I jus see it takin a turn.. and even still my ass go be there front line and center for the next movie so let me shut up. lmmfao
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was good, not really good but good. Nothing made me jump out of my seat but I wasn't bored with it at any part. I would've preferred if it was just long as ? cuz it felt rushed.

They got a hit with Wonder Woman again. Her sexy ass can do no wrong!
    Affleck needs to stay Batman for as long as he can. I like that he's just a human with flaws and he knows his limits within the team.

Felt like Aquaman was underutilized, maybe that's because he doesn't know what he can do. Same with Flash, he was just some fast ? for the most part.
    Seeing him trip for comedic relief got old after the first time. Is Barry really that clumsy?
    Cyborg was cool. Not sure why people had a problem with him.

Supes was so op to the point it wasn't even fair but I liked it. I'm nitpicking but for some reason Cavil looked like his face was CGI like they put in a digital clef or something idk.

Steppenwolf was alright but never seemed like a threat. I would say my biggest gripe with a lot of these movies when global destruction is a possibility there needs to be consequences.

I understand they want to contain it but as far as story goes we should feel like death and destruction is possible. This ? is the head of an army we should feel that ? .

Overall I liked it. The characters made the movie, Feels like this is going to be one of those BVS things where the director's cut will be 100x better. I'd give it a 7/10.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just got out again, I still love it. I think they should go ahead with that cyborg movie. It's allot of potential there. Every character shined. Action scenes were so dope. I don't have a problem with steppenwolf either. And just like last night the audience clapped at the end of the movie
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Justice league should be the fun movies. while the characters like batman can still be " dark and gritty" in their respective movies.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    I loved watching them grow as a team as the movie went on. Watching them even save each other and the teamwork in the fight scenes were great. The chemistry is great. They'll have to break off for the solo movies which I'm happy as hell for but I'm also looking for the growth of the team in justice league 2