Pete Rock defends ole heads in music and explains why newer artist music don’t get no respect ...

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason
DO9TkMPX0AAqhmY.jpg

peterock.jpg

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    Pete Rock sounds bitter but in reality he actually gives a ? about the music and culture while these youngsters are constantly ? on everything he helped build. so ya he got the right to be angry.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the youth goin wrong at least try to guide b4 u scold
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The classic old ? rant. We get about two of these big ones a year. They usually have alot of truths, however can be picked apart. I'll assume he is talking about "mumble" rap. In which case there is alot of truths to what he is saying, as I find alot of it intolerable, however maybe this is REAL rap to these new ? . This IS what they WANT to do and have no desire to do it how the "old heads" did it. Maybe they not concerned w rock n roll induction right now n just wanna make music n get they mom's out the hood. I'm sure alot of "old heads" when they started was not concerned w the rock n roll hall of fame either. Some of that mumble rap sound good in the club and has is place.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The classic old ? rant. We get about two of these big ones a year. They usually have alot of truths, however can be picked apart. I'll assume he is talking about "mumble" rap. In which case there is alot of truths to what he is saying, as I find alot of it intolerable, however maybe this is REAL rap to these new ? . This IS what they WANT to do and have no desire to do it how the "old heads" did it. Maybe they not concerned w rock n roll induction right now n just wanna make music n get they mom's out the hood. I'm sure alot of "old heads" when they started was not concerned w the rock n roll hall of fame either. Some of that mumble rap sound good in the club and has is place.

It ain't random. Waka was on some brazen rant about his generation. PR just defended his generation of music. Rightfully so, because there are some measurable here. Waka was either attention ? or was off a bean or somethin idk.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are the new ? doing to be respected tho ?? What just cause they made it into the game ?? Maybe because they're junkies. Outside of a few ? 'em
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They not listening though. Either they too doped up on drugs or simply do not care about anything.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 32 and was heavy into hip hop from 96-2003. I consider that the best era I witnessed. The stuff from today does not compare to the greatness that I heard coming up. So I still listen to alot of it and I still listen to some new rap, however i KNOW I won't see another era like that one. For many reasons that don't even have anything to do with music, so I just find ? I like today n keep it moving. I'll never drive to high school w my best friend and two chicks , while listening to 50 cent Guess Who's back or sit in the backseat of my cousins Honda civic hatchback listening to mobb deep Murda Music on the way to the movies. I had to realize I have to enjoy music today in a present tense, my life don't suck. But nothing compares to listening to "superthug" on the way to the club at 15 years old w a fake ID n no responsibilities.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't remember Pete Rock making any beats for Melle Mel, Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Caz, Spoonie G, Busy B or any of the old school groups when Pete Rock was in the peak of his career.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I don't remember Pete Rock making any beats for Melle Mel, Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Caz, Spoonie G, Busy B or any of the old school groups when Pete Rock was in the peak of his career.

Pete rocks peak was in the 80s? Explain
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Pete rocks peak was in the 80s? Explain

I mean when Pete Rock was in his prime in the mid-90s I don't remember him reaching out to any old school rappers.

Edit. Actually he produced Down With The King for Run DMC, but there's a lot of groups from the 80s that he could have reached out to.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

They not listening though. Either they too doped up on drugs or simply do not care about anything.

If they not listening u just gotta let em learn for themselves, they may come around like "damn oh tried to tell me"

unless they dissing u it is what it is

But to act like "doped up on drugs" is specific to the new school is hilarious and completely wrong
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2017
    Options
    N this can't be about caring about the craft Imo, whether Pete like the music is another story but whether u like waka or not compared to when he first came out there's no way in hell u can say he don't care about his music lol

People act like every thing they don't like is folks not caring about their craft
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    edited November 2017
    Options

If they not listening u just gotta let em learn for themselves, they may come around like "damn oh tried to tell me"

unless they dissing u it is what it is

But to act like "doped up on drugs" is specific to the new school is hilarious and completely wrong

Firstly i didnt equate being doped up on drugs as a new school issue. Thats how you took it when there was no reason for you to think so. Thats just what it is now. Young ? and ? making being a junkie cool and whats in right now. And letting them learn for themselves is not viable cause you know what happens? They blame the older generation for not guiding them, so what to do? Keep trying to help or let these ? ? die out?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Wasn't directed strictly at you, that's just what I got from Pete rocks comment.

N like I said of they not listening let em learn for themselves.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ? all ways talkin but aint nobody ask him nothing u think the young bulls like his music anyway naw they Dont