edited December 2017
    Options
    Horrible movie I will never pay money to watch another dc movie again

This ww and bvs are trash
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this some fanboy cosplay?

no thats really what ? grayson titans will look like.

costume looks similar to new 52 robin, but the staff is odd. Theyre probably gonna combine Tim and ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/BRs1oRcmCAE

So this dude been thirsting for the Batman role for a while now.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's definitely been rumored to take over from affleck. I think if that does happen, dc should do a reboot with flashpoint. Don't have to change every actor, but like flashpoint ushered in the new 52, let the movie usher in the new dceu led by Geoff johns. Definitely keep some folks like Jenkins and gadot, possibly mamoa and I guess miller since his film would do the reset, but that way dc/wb can get a fresh start since they've obviously been trying to change the snyder influence.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Smfh. Kevin Smith said there is for sure a snyder cut of justice league and it was used in test sceening for the movie.

He said there in a scene that was amazing that came from when superman is revived and joins the fight against steppenwolf. Before the fight begins, steppenwolf tries to convince superman to join the army of apokilips and gives superman a vision. The vision is the same world as batman's knight mare vision where superman rules the world and controls the army. Also in the vision we get our first glimpse of darkseid. Superman being superman doesn't accept and fights steppenwolf.

Dc better ? release the full cut. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to release it for theaters too to boost up the money, but I don't know if that would involve them spending a bunch more money too.

Kevin Smith explains this on his recent "fat man on batman" podcast
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    Lol at the X-Men stories being better than MCU's. I will say that X-Men stories in the comics are better than Avengers, Cap's, Thor's, Black Panther, GOTG and Ant-Man.

Fox dropped the ball when it came to putting the story on film.

X2, Logan, Days of Future Past, First Class and Legion all objectively have better character driven stories and stronger themes than MCU movies. You need to remove yourself from your comic nerd feelings if you can't see how. Ok these are not the X-Men movies & TV shows you wanted. Boo hoo. Doesn't lessen the actual stand out quality of those productions though.

FOH. X-Men movies was borderline ass but oh no they gave us a cool storyline lol WTF. If the storyline is cool but if it doesn't turn into a great scene/ film then DC is back to square one. Why not have both both be good?

Take The Gifted for instance. Great show and great story and they didn't follow the source material but still the show is great because they wrote something worth a damn

The same could be said about a lot of the movies but your bias is so strong it completely blinds you from ever realizing it.

Ayo shut up Infinity War trailer dropped

nothing else we need to talk about b

Link or it didn't happen.

In the Marvel thread b it's lit

Not really a fan so I never visit that thread.

Gonna avoid the trailer anyway. I might actually see that movie and would prefer to go in as fresh as possible.

LMFAO

Didn't this ? tell y'all to get "outta y'alls fanboy bais"

SMH

• Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lol at the X-Men stories being better than MCU's. I will say that X-Men stories in the comics are better than Avengers, Cap's, Thor's, Black Panther, GOTG and Ant-Man.

Fox dropped the ball when it came to putting the story on film.

X2, Logan, Days of Future Past, First Class and Legion all objectively have better character driven stories and stronger themes than MCU movies. You need to remove yourself from your comic nerd feelings if you can't see how. Ok these are not the X-Men movies & TV shows you wanted. Boo hoo. Doesn't lessen the actual stand out quality of those productions though.

FOH. X-Men movies was borderline ass but oh no they gave us a cool storyline lol WTF. If the storyline is cool but if it doesn't turn into a great scene/ film then DC is back to square one. Why not have both both be good?

Take The Gifted for instance. Great show and great story and they didn't follow the source material but still the show is great because they wrote something worth a damn

The same could be said about a lot of the movies but your bias is so strong it completely blinds you from ever realizing it.

Ayo shut up Infinity War trailer dropped

nothing else we need to talk about b

Link or it didn't happen.

In the Marvel thread b it's lit

Not really a fan so I never visit that thread.

Gonna avoid the trailer anyway. I might actually see that movie and would prefer to go in as fresh as possible.

LMFAO

Didn't this ? tell y'all to get "outta y'alls fanboy bais"

SMH

Haven't even watched Justice League and haven't watched any DCEU movie past the cinema. Just like with the Marvel joints I have watched. But yeah I'm biased.

? .

How about I've tasted enough cinnamon in my life to know that I don't really enjoy the taste. Stop assuming ? about complete strangers because of your own bias. Marvel has been perfectly fine without my money, Stan Lee.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Batman Ninja looks more like Batman Samurai.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was cool 7/10

A lot of these movies are the same the whole two minutes to introduce somebody for the first time..then they build a crew but they don't really like each other at first and then they're always fighting what wack robots or demons and then they always will the fightn wack villian to and it's like there's not really a villian that you could just ? everyone...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    It was cool 7/10

A lot of these movies are the same the whole two minutes to introduce somebody for the first time..then they build a crew but they don't really like each other at first and then they're always fighting what wack robots or demons and then they always will the fightn wack villian to and it's like there's not really a villian that you could just ? everyone...

A that's gonnachange with infinity wars. Right? @Idiopathic Joker @illbot
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Russo's been on some different ? .

Winter Soldier and Civil War didn't end the way you might've thought they would. And Infinity War has too much going on to be cookie cutter.

I'm going to see Justice League for the second time since it opened. I remember taking my girl. She was trying to shop for shoes right before it started and I'm rushing her thinking the theater would be packed on a Thursday. ? it must've been 30 people in there. We damn near had an entire row to ourselves.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Russo's been on some different ? .

Winter Soldier and Civil War didn't end the way you might've thought they would. And Infinity War has too much going on to be cookie cutter.

I'm going to see Justice League for the second time since it opened. I remember taking my girl. She was trying to shop for shoes right before it started and I'm rushing her thinking the theater would be packed on a Thursday. ? it must've been 30 people in there. We damn near had an entire row to ourselves.

Them box office numbers REAL
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    based on the youtube critics/reviews I thought I was about to watch some straight doo-doo grits movie, but was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable this was.
    when Superman came through, the feeling kinda reminded me of the epicness that was Darth Vader's fight scene in Rogue One.

I didn't like the whole Batman calling Alfred name or Lois calling Superman Clark all ? -nilly, it's like are we gonna be done with secret identities or what?

Wonder Woman did her thing throughout the movie and I liked the role Cyborg played.

I'd be keen on seeing the final cut of Snyder's extended version
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    edited December 2017
    Options
    also one of the funniest parts of the movie...
    aside from the Flash's "oh ? " face @ Superman, was when Martha aka Supe's madre said Clark called Lois "the thirstiest young woman he'd ever met".

Then later when he rose from the dead and Lois said "oh you smell good", that was like the pay back to the thirsty line because Clark looked at her like "damn gurl you really are thirsty if you're fiending for some fresh out the coffin Superman!"
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I agree . justice league was way better than anything marvel ever put out this year. Thisthrrad is way better than that lame as Thor ragnarok thread where all those deadbeats hang out. >:)
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE ORIGINAL DARKSEID ENDING

The rumored outline for Snyder’s version was recently restated by director Kevin Smith, who praised the original Darkseid ending for capitalizing on what is actually teased in the film itself. And for the DC fans left confused by several Steppenwolf-centric scenes and subplots that made it into Justice League, it would have been an ending that left them satisfied… instead of confused.

His mission, as stated in the film, is to recover the Boxes, conquer Earth as he intended, and only then join the ranks of the New Gods, putting an end to his exile from Apokolips and Darkseid. Which all leads to the original ending, when Superman returns from the dead to defeat Steppenwolf with the rest of the League….

At which point Steppenwolf is forced to retreat yet again, and return to Apokolips with his tail between his legs. Darkseid, twice displeased, kills his general and pledges to meet this “Kryptonian” himself.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    THE ORIGINAL DARKSEID ENDING

The rumored outline for Snyder’s version was recently restated by director Kevin Smith, who praised the original Darkseid ending for capitalizing on what is actually teased in the film itself. And for the DC fans left confused by several Steppenwolf-centric scenes and subplots that made it into Justice League, it would have been an ending that left them satisfied… instead of confused.

His mission, as stated in the film, is to recover the Boxes, conquer Earth as he intended, and only then join the ranks of the New Gods, putting an end to his exile from Apokolips and Darkseid. Which all leads to the original ending, when Superman returns from the dead to defeat Steppenwolf with the rest of the League….

At which point Steppenwolf is forced to retreat yet again, and return to Apokolips with his tail between his legs. Darkseid, twice displeased, kills his general and pledges to meet this “Kryptonian” himself.

Why the ? was that scene deleted? Thats Infinity War type of hype, maybe more so. Smh
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Apparently JL is not on course to make $700m worldwide.

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-ui4F8DJ0

So what does this mean for the future of the DCEU???

I mean DCEU fans we still good though right....
    giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently JL is not on course to make $700m worldwide.

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-ui4F8DJ0

So what does this mean for the future of the DCEU???

I mean DCEU fans we still good though right....
    giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

giphy.gif
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    who cares what it makes. i unno why everyone get hung up on numbers though. i enjoyed a good movie now its on to the next one. ? dont affect my pockets at all.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    who cares what it makes. i unno why everyone get hung up on numbers though. i enjoyed a good movie now its on to the next one. ? dont affect my pockets at all.

Those numbers affect whether they move "on to the next one" or not. Lucky for them Aquaman is in post but they have to be very delicate with the editing process on that one.

They should add that dark seid scene to aquaman
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options

Those numbers affect whether they move "on to the next one" or not. Lucky for them Aquaman is in post but they have to be very delicate with the editing process on that one.

exactly. ordinarily I couldn't give a ? what a movie makes (same mentality with album numbers) but I now realise that this is especially important in the movie world given the large budgets. I mean if you put $300m into making JL and $150m into marketing it, you're expecting to do bigger numbers than what Suicide Squad made!

WB may need to reconsider what they next put out or whether a reboot is in order because their assets (Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman etc) are losing value each time their movies keep flopping financially.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    They was smart to delete it tbh. It would just be too simailr with thanos. They can still have darksied for justice league 3 or 4