Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    do legions of doom for part 2
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently JL is not on course to make $700m worldwide.

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-ui4F8DJ0

So what does this mean for the future of the DCEU???

I mean DCEU fans we still good though right....
    giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

Below 600 mil?! Lmao i can make that in a day
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Should've been a trinity movie
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've been a trinity movie

Wouldn't make a difference if they would still have butchered it the same way.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The only real plus is that Superman is finally Superman. That's a good foundation. That and everybody who saw this liked Aquaman and Flash so their solos still have promise.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    But I thought MCU fanboys didn't want to claim the X-Men or Spidey universe movies since Feige has nothing to do with them though? Lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    But I thought MCU fanboys didn't want to claim the X-Men or Spidey universe movies since Feige has nothing to do with them though? Lol

They say that Disney deal gonna be done by the end of the year. If it does happen, kinda makes next year's xmen film irrelevant since we'll no doubt get them in the mcu. But I think Aquaman will do better than Justice League
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

Maybe if they gave us John Stewart like they were originally going to do when Common was cast as GL things might be a bit different. A lot of young people know the Justice League from the JL/JLU animated series and John Stewart was that dude in the animated show. Cyborg is a Teen Titans in the eyes of those same people and him being there is prolly throwing a few people. Lotta folks only know of these characters from animated shows, and Cyborg hasn't been a part of the Justice League lineup since the old Galactic Guardians series of the late 80's that only folks my age would remember.

Super_Powers_Team_Galactic_Guardians_Title_Card.jpg

Even then, a lot of cats my age didn't even watch Galactic Guardians that much. So you have a missing character and one on the wrong team and you wonder why the ? ain't even done Suicide Squad numbers yet?
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They say that Disney deal gonna be done by the end of the year. If it does happen, kinda makes next year's xmen film irrelevant since we'll no doubt get them in the mcu. But I think Aquaman will do better than Justice League

Lol ain't nobody thinking about aquaman..
  • Broddie
    Options

giphy.gif

Maybe if they gave us John Stewart like they were originally going to do when Common was cast as GL things might be a bit different. A lot of young people know the Justice League from the JL/JLU animated series and John Stewart was that dude in the animated show. Cyborg is a Teen Titans in the eyes of those same people and him being there is prolly throwing a few people. Lotta folks only know of these characters from animated shows, and Cyborg hasn't been a part of the Justice League lineup since the old Galactic Guardians series of the late 80's that only folks my age would remember.

Even then, a lot of cats my age didn't even watch Galactic Guardians that much. So you have a missing character and one on the wrong team and you wonder why the ? ain't even done Suicide Squad numbers yet?

That has nothing to do with it. Had the execs not thrown this movie under the bus because they wanted their annual bonus before AT&T gave em the curve this thread would have a completely different conversation going on.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snyder is toxic. what he’s done to these characters is unforgivable.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Snyder is toxic. what he’s done to these characters is unforgivable.

Snyder doesn't write he only directs. It!mwas Steven goyer who wrote man of steel etc. Man of steel was brilliant BTW.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? that bothers me is why did they bring in old ass batman with plans of starting the justice league i dont want to watch old ass batman

There are very selective stories i would watch old ass batman but not to start the ? justice league
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    This ? that bothers me is why did they bring in old ass batman with plans of starting the justice league i dont want to watch old ass batman

There are very selective stories i would watch old ass batman but not to start the ? justice league

I was thinking the same thing back when bvs was in production
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

$197,335,921
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

giphy.gif

That has nothing to do with it. Had the execs not thrown this movie under the bus because they wanted their annual bonus before AT&T gave em the curve this thread would have a completely different conversation going on.

I think it does. They can throw it under the bus all they want, but if the movie looks interesting to people who may have been fans of the shows, they'll buy tickets. My first reaction to seeing Cyborg in the movie was "They going back to the 80's with this ? ?". One of my daughters asked me why did they put Cyborg in it when he's a Teen Titan and not John Stewart or even Static Shock. I had no answer for that other than to show her clips of the old Galactic Guardians, figuring maybe that's what they were going for. Some of her online friends had the exact same reaction to it 'cause they all grew up with Cyborg as a Teen Titan and it distracted from the interest in the movie; as of yet not one of them has seen it.

Plus... Not one trailer has Superman in it. He's kinda critical to selling a Justice League movie since duke has been in the lineup since the beginning.

Not that this kind of stuff hasn't happened before. I was thoroughly ? when I watched the first X Men movie and saw Bobby Drake as a kid, Beast nowhere in sight, and not even a mention of Angel. Made it so I didn't go see X2 or The Last Stand in the theaters and I really haven't had a desire to see the rebooted series outside of Days of Future Past.

These are the kinds of things DC needs to remember. Since the majority of the country DOESN'T read comics, their only point of reference for the characters becomes the animated shows that use those characters. Tinker with those formulas and you end up with low attendance unless the movie itself is really compelling (like the original Iron Man).
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

I think it does. They can throw it under the bus all they want, but if the movie looks interesting to people who may have been fans of the shows, they'll buy tickets. My first reaction to seeing Cyborg in the movie was "They going back to the 80's with this ? ?". One of my daughters asked me why did they put Cyborg in it when he's a Teen Titan and not John Stewart or even Static Shock. I had no answer for that other than to show her clips of the old Galactic Guardians, figuring maybe that's what they were going for. Some of her online friends had the exact same reaction to it 'cause they all grew up with Cyborg as a Teen Titan and it distracted from the interest in the movie; as of yet not one of them has seen it.

Plus... Not one trailer has Superman in it. He's kinda critical to selling a Justice League movie since duke has been in the lineup since the beginning.

Not that this kind of stuff hasn't happened before. I was thoroughly ? when I watched the first X Men movie and saw Bobby Drake as a kid, Beast nowhere in sight, and not even a mention of Angel. Made it so I didn't go see X2 or The Last Stand in the theaters and I really haven't had a desire to see the rebooted series outside of Days of Future Past.

These are the kinds of things DC needs to remember. Since the majority of the country DOESN'T read comics, their only point of reference for the characters becomes the animated shows that use those characters. Tinker with those formulas and you end up with low attendance unless the movie itself is really compelling (like the original Iron Man).

Current rebirth comics arc has Cyborg part of the JL...its aquaman, bats, supes, the flash, ww, cyborg, Simon n Jessica (lanterns)....those that used to be the teen titans are now the titans, still are teen titans but with fresh blood.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They completly dropped the ball with their movieverse man, kinda amazing how they managed to ? it all up lol smh
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    who cares what it makes. i unno why everyone get hung up on numbers though. i enjoyed a good movie now its on to the next one. ? dont affect my pockets at all.

Those numbers affect whether they move "on to the next one" or not. Lucky for them Aquaman is in post but they have to be very delicate with the editing process on that one.

i understand but its not like theyre gonna cancel the whole dceu over it. So it kinda just is what it is. they rushed they movie and trimmed it so they could get their bonuses than honestly its doing the numbers it deserves.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

giphy.gif

Galactic guardian was my ? back in the 80s. My first intro to cyborg , firestorm, and darkseid. Also cyborg was the first black super hero I was introduced to. The lime up in the movie is based on the new 52 justice league that's why cyborg is on the team.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    They shouldn't have put out a mediocre movie like that. They could've done better. I was hoping it would've been on par with the avengers although it had its moments.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Watched half of it then stopped he cut mad corners to make the movie seem less than it was he didnt burn a ? thing and most of the ? he ? about wasnt the real gripes of the movie

People are just trying to ? on the movie at this point to make a name for themselves

Cyborg also said no but was forced to join due to some circumstances as well as aqua man

Steppenwolf as generic as he was had a few good lines here and their but it was cool to watch him ? on the amazons so easily

? known stepp was just a warmup

Then he tries to act like they dont explain what the motherboxes do or they didnt go over steppenwolfs back story real quick

I can continue to rip this vid