The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Watched half of it then stopped he cut mad corners to make the movie seem less than it was he didnt burn a ? thing and most of the ? he ? about wasnt the real gripes of the movie

People are just trying to ? on the movie at this point to make a name for themselves

Cyborg also said no but was forced to join due to some circumstances as well as aqua man

Steppenwolf as generic as he was had a few good lines here and their but it was cool to watch him ? on the amazons so easily

? known stepp was just a warmup

Then he tries to act like they dont explain what the motherboxes do or they didnt go over steppenwolfs back story real quick

I can continue to rip this vid

It isn't that deep. It's a continuous series on the channel. They have one for Ragnarok.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They shouldn't have cut that Darkseid scene. If a person didn't really care for the JL movie, it might have, at least, got some people looking forward to the next one. Who cares if it's like the Thanos reveal at the end of Avengers? They already put Whedon on the movie and injected some of the Avengers feel into the movie, so you might as well go all the way and swipe something that was actually good.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do legions of doom for part 2

Yeah I hope they fight the legion or injustice gang etc in the sequel with hints of darkseid in the background or easter eggs.
    In bvs luthor had access to kryptonian technology and a mother box along with steppenwolf was feeding him knowledge. Luithor should Bea real threat in upcoming movies and he will have the knowledge to build high-tech weapons and death traps etc. Lastly he will be able to build the battle suit he wears in animated movies and TV shows. If they make another Superman movie I want to see supes go up against brainiac. He was never brought hto live action before. If he was in smallville I wouldn't know because I barely watched that show.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They shouldn't have cut that Darkseid scene. If a person didn't really care for the JL movie, it might have, at least, got some people looking forward to the next one. Who cares if it's like the Thanos reveal at the end of Avengers? They already put Whedon on the movie and injected some of the Avengers feel into the movie, so you might as well go all the way and swipe something that was actually good.

foreal they better include that ? in the blu ray.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    How long until that cut scene makes youtube?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully not long. I hope the ? does leak and wb realizes what a mistake theyve made if they haven't realized it already
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt that scene was even finished. Especially when what was actually released came out looking unfinished CGI wise.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was finished, it was shown in the screenings.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a lot of the terrible CGI use was due to the reshoots for Whedon. They happened so late and WB refused to push back the release date so they didnt have a ton of time to touch everything up. With all these reports it sounds like Snyders movie was basically done but when it came to post production WB brought in Whedon to change the tone. When it came time for reshoots the cast was already working on different things (Cavill in Mission Impossible with a mustache in contract) and it was a pain to get them all together so the reshoots took longer than expected.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Apparently JL is not on course to make $700m worldwide.

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-ui4F8DJ0

So what does this mean for the future of the DCEU???

I mean DCEU fans we still good though right....
    giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

Maybe if they gave us John Stewart like they were originally going to do when Common was cast as GL things might be a bit different. A lot of young people know the Justice League from the JL/JLU animated series and John Stewart was that dude in the animated show. Cyborg is a Teen Titans in the eyes of those same people and him being there is prolly throwing a few people. Lotta folks only know of these characters from animated shows, and Cyborg hasn't been a part of the Justice League lineup since the old Galactic Guardians series of the late 80's that only folks my age would remember.

Super_Powers_Team_Galactic_Guardians_Title_Card.jpg

Even then, a lot of cats my age didn't even watch Galactic Guardians that much. So you have a missing character and one on the wrong team and you wonder why the ? ain't even done Suicide Squad numbers yet?

That has nothing to do with it. Had the execs not thrown this movie under the bus because they wanted their annual bonus before AT&T gave em the curve this thread would have a completely different conversation going on.

I think it does. They can throw it under the bus all they want, but if the movie looks interesting to people who may have been fans of the shows, they'll buy tickets. My first reaction to seeing Cyborg in the movie was "They going back to the 80's with this ? ?". One of my daughters asked me why did they put Cyborg in it when he's a Teen Titan and not John Stewart or even Static Shock. I had no answer for that other than to show her clips of the old Galactic Guardians, figuring maybe that's what they were going for. Some of her online friends had the exact same reaction to it 'cause they all grew up with Cyborg as a Teen Titan and it distracted from the interest in the movie; as of yet not one of them has seen it.

Plus... Not one trailer has Superman in it. He's kinda critical to selling a Justice League movie since duke has been in the lineup since the beginning.

Not that this kind of stuff hasn't happened before. I was thoroughly ? when I watched the first X Men movie and saw Bobby Drake as a kid, Beast nowhere in sight, and not even a mention of Angel. Made it so I didn't go see X2 or The Last Stand in the theaters and I really haven't had a desire to see the rebooted series outside of Days of Future Past.

These are the kinds of things DC needs to remember. Since the majority of the country DOESN'T read comics, their only point of reference for the characters becomes the animated shows that use those characters. Tinker with those formulas and you end up with low attendance unless the movie itself is really compelling (like the original Iron Man).

Current rebirth comics arc has Cyborg part of the JL...its aquaman, bats, supes, the flash, ww, cyborg, Simon n Jessica (lanterns)....those that used to be the teen titans are now the titans, still are teen titans but with fresh blood.

True, but the people they want to get into the theaters ain't reading comics like that. The people who were kids when JL/JLU and Teen Titans were on tv are now adults and that's who they gotta appeal to when making movies like this.

IMO Marvel had a distinct advantage here: The last time Iron Man had been on TV was in the late 90's. By the time the movie came out we had a 10 year gap so the memories anyone may have had would have been distant. Marvel didn't have to compete with a relatively fresh recollection of the cartoon and just had to make it a good movie. DC's shows were still in rotation on Cartoon Network and Boomerang up to 2014 and even now there's Teen Titans Go as well as the original Teen Titans being run daily on CN. These movies they're cranking out don't live up to the memories of animated universe and that's something I believe is working against them.
  • Splackavelli
    edited December 2017
    Options

It's currently below $600m and got 1.5 weeks before Last Jedi (amongst others) comes through and crush the buildings.

To put into perspective that would be lower than Suicide Squad which ended up making $746m....

giphy.gif

FYI: Thor Ragnorok's already made $816m gross worldwide and Dr Strange did $678m apparently, which means the DC's heavy hitters ain't even competing with MCU's mid-tier ? smh

Maybe if they gave us John Stewart like they were originally going to do when Common was cast as GL things might be a bit different. A lot of young people know the Justice League from the JL/JLU animated series and John Stewart was that dude in the animated show. Cyborg is a Teen Titans in the eyes of those same people and him being there is prolly throwing a few people. Lotta folks only know of these characters from animated shows, and Cyborg hasn't been a part of the Justice League lineup since the old Galactic Guardians series of the late 80's that only folks my age would remember.

Even then, a lot of cats my age didn't even watch Galactic Guardians that much. So you have a missing character and one on the wrong team and you wonder why the ? ain't even done Suicide Squad numbers yet?

That has nothing to do with it. Had the execs not thrown this movie under the bus because they wanted their annual bonus before AT&T gave em the curve this thread would have a completely different conversation going on.

I think it does. They can throw it under the bus all they want, but if the movie looks interesting to people who may have been fans of the shows, they'll buy tickets. My first reaction to seeing Cyborg in the movie was "They going back to the 80's with this ? ?". One of my daughters asked me why did they put Cyborg in it when he's a Teen Titan and not John Stewart or even Static Shock. I had no answer for that other than to show her clips of the old Galactic Guardians, figuring maybe that's what they were going for. Some of her online friends had the exact same reaction to it 'cause they all grew up with Cyborg as a Teen Titan and it distracted from the interest in the movie; as of yet not one of them has seen it.

Plus... Not one trailer has Superman in it. He's kinda critical to selling a Justice League movie since duke has been in the lineup since the beginning.

Not that this kind of stuff hasn't happened before. I was thoroughly ? when I watched the first X Men movie and saw Bobby Drake as a kid, Beast nowhere in sight, and not even a mention of Angel. Made it so I didn't go see X2 or The Last Stand in the theaters and I really haven't had a desire to see the rebooted series outside of Days of Future Past.

These are the kinds of things DC needs to remember. Since the majority of the country DOESN'T read comics, their only point of reference for the characters becomes the animated shows that use those characters. Tinker with those formulas and you end up with low attendance unless the movie itself is really compelling (like the original Iron Man).

Current rebirth comics arc has Cyborg part of the JL...its aquaman, bats, supes, the flash, ww, cyborg, Simon n Jessica (lanterns)....those that used to be the teen titans are now the titans, still are teen titans but with fresh blood.

True, but the people they want to get into the theaters ain't reading comics like that. The people who were kids when JL/JLU and Teen Titans were on tv are now adults and that's who they gotta appeal to when making movies like this.

IMO Marvel had a distinct advantage here: The last time Iron Man had been on TV was in the late 90's. By the time the movie came out we had a 10 year gap so the memories anyone may have had would have been distant. Marvel didn't have to compete with a relatively fresh recollection of the cartoon and just had to make it a good movie. DC's shows were still in rotation on Cartoon Network and Boomerang up to 2014 and even now there's Teen Titans Go as well as the original Teen Titans being run daily on CN. These movies they're cranking out don't live up to the memories of animated universe and that's something I believe is working against them.

It was a ten year gap between teen titans , jlu and the justice league movie so what are you saying. You forget there are plenty of justice league animated movies with cyborg on the team. They know what they are doing by having cyborg on the team. He had an integral role being that his cyborg technology comes from a mother box .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK if this was posted but not bad

https://youtu.be/m7hkGH1XciU
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Watched half of it then stopped he cut mad corners to make the movie seem less than it was he didnt burn a ? thing and most of the ? he ? about wasnt the real gripes of the movie

People are just trying to ? on the movie at this point to make a name for themselves

Cyborg also said no but was forced to join due to some circumstances as well as aqua man

Steppenwolf as generic as he was had a few good lines here and their but it was cool to watch him ? on the amazons so easily

? known stepp was just a warmup

Then he tries to act like they dont explain what the motherboxes do or they didnt go over steppenwolfs back story real quick

I can continue to rip this vid

Keep going
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Just pay Christopher Nolan a shitload of money to reboot the dceu.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    He won't take it. They probably tried it after Dark Knight Rises.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    He won't take it. They probably tried it after Dark Knight Rises.

Well, Nolan's trilogy will always be the standard for DC Films until WB gives a director the freedom They gave Nolan.
  • Broddie
    Options

He's not interested. They already tried that years ago and quite frankly a reason they ? up with the shared universe was stubbornly trying to chase the tone of his Batman trilogy thinking that was the answer. A tone that does not fit the DCU collectively at all and didn't really work for Superman.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

He's not interested. They already tried that years ago and quite frankly a reason they ? up with the shared universe was stubbornly trying to chase the tone of his Batman trilogy thinking that was the answer. A tone that does not fit the DCU collectively at all and didn't really work for Superman.

The only tone people have ever seen Superman in is what Captain America was showed in The First Avenger. Nothing wrong with change. Nothing wrong with the current version of Superman, it's my favorite, tyre studios just ruin the films. If Nolan can turn Batman into gold, he definitely could have handled the rest of the dc universe.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options

The only tone people have ever seen Superman in is what Captain America was showed in The First Avenger. Nothing wrong with change. Nothing wrong with the current version of Superman, it's my favorite, tyre studios just ruin the films. If Nolan can turn Batman into gold, he definitely could have handled the rest of the dc universe.

You are in the minority. As evidenced by people complaining about MOS everyday 4 years later and most people saying that the one positive in JL was allowing Cavill to finally "play Superman".

Again Nolan is not interested. He doesn't like the traditional DCU. "Too fantastical". MOS was his idea of what Superman should be and a lot of people hated his "proto Superman".
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

It was a ten year gap between teen titans , jlu and the justice league movie so what are you saying. You forget there are plenty of justice league animated movies with cyborg on the team. They know what they are doing by having cyborg on the team. He had an integral role being that his cyborg technology comes from a mother box .

Do you know how long JL/JLU and Teen Titans stayed in continuous rotation between CN and Boomerang? I didn't finally see a break until mid-2014 and as of, I believe, September the original Teen Titans are on for an hour a day in the afternoon (the final episode just ran last week and the series has restarted). My youngest kids love both shows with the now 19 year old adding Young Justice into the mix and she's looking forward to the reboot of that series. The old Iron Man and Hulk cartoons basically vanished from the airwaves after they were canceled with no longevity. That's the key to DC nowadays. Damned near all of their shows live damned near indefinitely in reruns, even "Batman TAS" and "The Batman" were still gettin play as late as 2014.

Cyborg's origin was re-written specifically for this movie. His tech never came from a mother box, even in The New 52's version of his origin.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The "finally, the real superman" crowd is just unbelievably stubborn in what they think is the essential core of Superman. They think bright red and blue colors, smiling, and the World War propoganda version of 1940's American ideals is what makes him him.

But anyone willing to have an honest conversation knows that Superman has had a ton of uniform changes, so the bright red and blue thing is ? . And the "Big blue cheese" nickname is in reference to him having a perpetual smile on his face. Bit most importantly, that America has never been a wholesome nation. It has a nasty underbelly and a propensity to ? up, even as a leading nation when it comes to human rights. That's the "hope" theme that Man of Steel nailed.

But no... Cavil wasn't a spot on remake of their ? Christopher Reeves infused childhood so they ? and ? until WB caved.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Nolan produced mos and bvs didn't you read the credits?
  • Splackavelli
    Options

giphy.gif

Do you know how long JL/JLU and Teen Titans stayed in continuous rotation between CN and Boomerang? I didn't finally see a break until mid-2014 and as of, I believe, September the original Teen Titans are on for an hour a day in the afternoon (the final episode just ran last week and the series has restarted). My youngest kids love both shows with the now 19 year old adding Young Justice into the mix and she's looking forward to the reboot of that series. The old Iron Man and Hulk cartoons basically vanished from the airwaves after they were canceled with no longevity. That's the key to DC nowadays. Damned near all of their shows live damned near indefinitely in reruns, even "Batman TAS" and "The Batman" were still gettin play as late as 2014.

Cyborg's origin was re-written specifically for this movie. His tech never came from a mother box, even in The New 52's version of his origin.

Yeah and they the old iron man cartoons on Disney xd back in 2010 your point still? Let it go it is what it is. Cyborg has been a justice league member since 1985(cartoon) he's been on the justice league in the comics for 6 years. Nobody is complaining but you
  • Splackavelli
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The "finally, the real superman" crowd is just unbelievably stubborn in what they think is the essential core of Superman. They think bright red and blue colors, smiling, and the World War propoganda version of 1940's American ideals is what makes him him.

But anyone willing to have an honest conversation knows that Superman has had a ton of uniform changes, so the bright red and blue thing is ? . And the "Big blue cheese" nickname is in reference to him having a perpetual smile on his face. Bit most importantly, that America has never been a wholesome nation. It has a nasty underbelly and a propensity to ? up, even as a leading nation when it comes to human rights. That's the "hope" theme that Man of Steel nailed.

But no... Cavil wasn't a spot on remake of their ? Christopher Reeves infused childhood so they ? and ? until WB caved.

Co ? sign to the fullest. These nerd idiotds had a heart attack when he snapped zods neck. Zod forced his hand its not like he wanted to do it. Also ? with he's finally superman. I watched man of steel last week and he was superman from the jump. I don't even compare man of steel to the donner films because they are a whole generation apart. Like I said he already was superman before he even wore the uniform. Through out the film he did what superman does ,saving lives. Example the oil rig scene, saving that soldier during the fight with the kryptonians freeing a daily planet employee from the debris during the tera forming. He also stood up for that waitress I'm that nar he worked at.
    Then the idiots ? about collateral damage of the battle with zod. Did these idiots miss the part wear the earth was being spit roasted by a ship and a big ass terra forming machine? Wtf did you think was gonna happen you ? idiots?!?! Mos was a different take on superman just like one shots tpb stories can be non canon and defy continuity like all star superman or red son for example. Man of steel wasn't just a super hero flick it was a genre take on superman. It was like a superman combined with the day the earth stood still. What a lot of people don't realize is that Donner's original take on superman 2 was meant to be dark also as I've witness in the directors cut but he got removed from the project and it was result to be light hearted . history repeats itself.